Hired surfing kit, not returned. Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@unclebulgaria67 For the record, the surf hire shop had hundreds of surfboards, wetsuits, gloves and slippers.

Name of shop begins with a Q and they have a shop on Fistral beach Newquay. There is an email address on their online site, if you want to contact them.

I will email them if you want, with details of this thread ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are going to close this thread if things continue

they've done nowt to date

they'd have claimed on their ins if they had wanted to or did anyway

IMHO as many people have said

bar those that are trying to scare the OP into nasty things that might happen

'because' you 'stole' something

nowt has happened and its time to put it to bed.

dx

siteteam

So do you think it's not such a serious matter as many people are saying here? I didnt understand well

Name of shop begins with a Q and they have a shop on Fistral beach Newquay. There is an email address on their online site, if you want to contact them.

Why are you threatening me?

Do the decent thing, save enough to buy a surf kit similar to the one you hired and send them a postal order with an anonymous apology.

God forbid you come across the owner of this shop one day, it won't be pleasant.

We live in a small world

Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67:

Why are you threatening me?

???

Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67:

???

What do you mean with email them? What would you give the details of this thread for?

Do the decent thing, save enough to buy a surf kit similar to the one you hired and send them a postal order with an anonymous apology.

God forbid you come across the owner of this shop one day, it won't be pleasant.

We live in a small world

Can I send them a postal order being in another country and without giving any personal data?

Edited by cuco

What do you mean with email them? What would you give the details of this thread for?

You are wanting to contact them and perhaps they may be interested in this thread.

Being that you have now given information in the thread which might be useful to someone wanting to contact you, you might decide to ask the CAG site team to remove it. Remember that when you post comments to any online site, you provide the IP address and other information, which could enable you to be located.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You are right, I didnt think of that. For things like this I dont want to contact them.

If you contact the owner shop in my place, would not you become accomplice? Could not Police go to you or something like that?

I dont know, maybe I should forget and not come back to UK

You are right, I didnt think of that. For things like this I dont want to contact them.

If you contact the owner shop in my place, would not you become accomplice? Could not Police go to you or something like that?

I dont know, maybe I should forget and not come back to UK

No, because I would be asking for a reward from the shop in helping to find the person who had stolen their kit. If the kit was from the company name starting with a Q, the kit could be worth £1000 plus.

You might decide to forget about it.

Edited by citizenB

Thread closed as it is just going round in circles.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks