smart parking + DRP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i received a letter from our van lease company stating that a parking company had been in touch to identify the owner of the van as a parking ticket has been issued.

the letter stated i would have the opportunity to appeal etc and would i let the lease company know what my plans were with regards to paying it or appealing it etc once id heard.

then i receive a letter from debt recovery plus for an unpaid ticket £150 stating failure to comply with their previous demands in a previous letter (which i never received and asked for a copy which i got but was dated the day before i received it)

i contacted smart parking and explained id heard nothing since the lease company contacted me and then a demand for £150,i told them i wanted to appeal this ticket and what should i do etc,they were very rude and abrupt and told me to deal with drp,not sure what to do here as ive now received a second letter from drp for £150 today

any help would be much appreciated as always

Hi,

It looks like the lease company have done the right thing in this case: passed it on to you. Some companies pay the charge then bill you. This letter means they have identified you as the driver at the time of the 'offence'

The thing is, this is a private parking matter, not a public one (coincil issued etc.) so the only way (not so )smart parking can get a penny is to take court action through the county courts.

DRP are powerless numpties who can do nothing to you so I would ignore them. You could contact Smart Parking and demand they give you the opportunity to appeal as you have not had the required information.

I also suspect that they are out of time on this but you can confirm with the dates of parking and what date is on the letter from DRP

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi thanks for the speedy replies :)

ok dates lease company to me 24th nov 2014

alleged offence 5 oct 2014

first letter from DRP 29TH Jan 2015

2nd letter 02 feb 2015

i havent been given any windscreen ticket from anyone that uses the van.

Ignore DR+ completely, note they have added £50 to the alleged charge for no reason other than they think they can get away with it. They arent licenced to take deposits so if they do a runner you still owe the parking co the money (if there really was a debt)

Let us know if you get any more letters from the parking co and we will help you there.

Smart parking do not live up to their name and almost always get things procedurally wrong so they cant use the legal route, hence the use of DR+ They are just a couple of people who work in a portacabin in a pub garden so as I say ignore them.

There is an appeal court case coming up soon that will affect things so if things go badly the parking co's will be revisiting all of the cases that havent been defeated so there is a possibility that it might rear its ugly head again but for the moment you have no worries. The debt collectors have to send the matter back to the creditor because thy have no interest in the matter. The fact they employed DR+ doesnt alter the fact they are the creditos and can take action if they wish (generally that action fails for may reasons, hence the need ofr this forum).

hi thanks for the speedy replies :)

ok dates lease company to me 24th nov 2014

alleged offence 5 oct 2014

first letter from DRP 29TH Jan 2015

2nd letter 02 feb 2015

i havent been given any windscreen ticket from anyone that uses the van.

That time line initially suggests a ticket was placed on the windscreen.

Then Registered Keeper details were obtained, the lease company, who then have named you as the keeper or driver.

Then you are missing some correspondence... ?

But at the start you state ' our van lease company ' as if it is a company that is the keeper?

Are you personally the keeper?

Was this one the same scenario;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406966-smart-parking

if so, how did that end up?

That time line initially suggests a ticket was placed on the windscreen.

Then Registered Keeper details were obtained, the lease company, who then have named you as the keeper or driver.

Then you are missing some correspondence... ?

But at the start you state ' our van lease company ' as if it is a company that is the keeper?

Are you personally the keeper?

Was this one the same scenario;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406966-smart-parking

if so, how did that end up?

hi, one in the other thread i ignored and heard no more from them ,then received another letter for a different alleged ticket,2nd time the van lease company wrote a letter stating they had been contacted by said parking company to obtain owner details etc,not sure why that never happened the first time round,,

• 2 weeks later...

What is a percentage of a reduced amount that doesn't exists? The same as 50% of nothing is nothing.

In other words, carry on ignoring. The next letter from DR+ will be the one where they say they will pass this back to Smart with a recommendation they take legal action.

Oooh Scary Scary :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

hi all received a letter today from DRP demanding £160 for a parking ticket from jan 11th 2014 that was from excel parking services after following advice from the forum re excel parking and ignored their threats for £160 for an 80p ticket.

told DRP I wasn't the driver and no longer own the car as it was stolen and written off in april last year their response was well you were the owner so you have to pay my response was good bye

very rude and abrupt said they will send bailiffs round so told them to go ahead and when did they go to court to get a court order for bailiffs to attend. They said we don't need to go to court we can appoint our own bailiffs so told them to go ahead explaining unfortunately I knew my rights and would be speaking to the court who they say will be providing them and seek confirmation of court date as I wasn't aware of any and then report them. They just hung up

hi all received a letter today from DRP demanding £160 for a parking ticket from jan 11th 2014 that was from excel parking services after following advice from the forum re excel parking and ignored their threats for £160 for an 80p ticket.

told DRP I wasn't the driver and no longer own the car as it was stolen and written off in april last year their response was well you were the owner so you have to pay my response was good bye

very rude and abrupt said they will send bailiffs round so told them to go ahead and when did they go to court to get a court order for bailiffs to attend. They said we don't need to go to court we can appoint our own bailiffs so told them to go ahead explaining unfortunately I knew my rights and would be speaking to the court who they say will be providing them and seek confirmation of court date as I wasn't aware of any and then report them. They just hung up

Please start your own thread if you want advice specific to your own situation.

I got a ticket from Smart last Thursday, sent in the appeal on Monday, they cancelled it on Wednesday.

The reason for telling you this is that Smart have no bottle to try court. However you will have to put up with DRP for a short while longer as it's in their hands now. DRP cannot do court as only the ppc or Landlord can take that action according to the contract, so sit back and enjoy every pointless letter

• 3 months later...

just received a letter from gladstones solicitors today

stating

due to no payment or valid appeal our client has instructed us to seek payment

not sure what to do,

anyone else had dealings with gladstones ?

would be nice to hear from anyone with regards to them

thanks for reading

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just received a letter from gladstones solicitors today

stating

due to no payment or valid appeal our client has instructed us to seek payment

not sure what to do,

anyone else had dealings with gladstones ?

would be nice to hear from anyone with regards to them

thanks for reading

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/gladstones-solicitors-score-another-big.html?m=1

thanks for the links

i was intending to write them a letter stating the fact they never issued me with an appeal (popla code) and as such the demand is meaningless as they have not followed the correct procedures,but after reading your links and the one after im not sure if i should write anything to them

In the past I would have siad to write to Gladstones telling them that the procedures have not been followed by the parking co so no cause for claim.

This is more to do with creating a paper trail rather then arguing the rights and wrongs

as it would not be a wise move by the parking co to tell a judge about their failure to allow an appeal.

However, now that Gladstones have been rumbled ignoring them would save a stamp

but I might be tempted to wriet to Smart parking and tell them what a bunch of clowns they and their pet DCA's are

(funny how Gladstones have 3 roles in this debacle)and have screwed up for them again.