Marston Removal Notice DVLA 'fine' - Urgent please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering

- I've emailed both the Yate Court to ask for my case to be reopened,

and the DVLA to ask Marston to put the Distress Warrant on hold until the hearing.

As it appears that neither of these places respond to emails instantly

- should I email Marston to let them know what I've done?

I really want nothing to do with them, but can't bear the thought of another visit from them.

I can't believe that none of these people gave me prior warning to the Removal Notice yesterday.

Also, what happens if I don't phone them as per their request on the Removal Notice

- what's the next course of action they could take?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but I've never been in this position before and feeling very vulnerable!

IMO I too would have nothing to do with Marstons, you have done all you can reasonably be expected to do.

If you ring these up telling them what you have done, I can only guess that they will threaten and bully you over the phone, and possibly deliberately visit again so as to bump up their extortionate fees.

I would think that the court would be more pro active than the lethargic DVLA. Could you not ring the court in question and have them give you immediate advice?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

IMO I too would have nothing to do with Marstons, you have done all you can reasonably be expected to do.

If you ring these up telling them what you have done, I can only guess that they will threaten and bully you over the phone, and possibly deliberately visit again so as to bump up their extortionate fees.

I would think that the court would be more pro active than the lethargic DVLA. Could you not ring the court in question and have them give you immediate advice?

I rang the court this morning BB and they told me to send them an email requesting the case be reopened since I had had no communication from anyone.

They advised to email the DVLA explaining the situation with the request that they contact Marston to put a hold on the Distress Warrant.

I included this information in my email to the court too.

I would certainly not phone them but wondered if I should send them an email.

Although, looking at the advice given to others who've had run ins with Marston it would appear that any contact

with them could have serious consequences instead of understanding.

Is CAG run by Marston? I've just noticed on the internet that Marc Gander was a founder - http://www.marstongroup.co.uk/team-member/marc-gander/

No.. Consumer Action Group is not run by Marston. Marc Gander founder of CAG was invited to take part in an advisory group that Marston set up . Marston have no input to Consumer action Group at all.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No.. Consumer Action Group is not run by Marston. Marc Gander founder of CAG was invited to take part in an advisory group that Marston set up . Marston have no input to Consumer action Group at all.

Relieved to hear that!!! Why is it on their website then? And thanks for response! It didn't make sense considering the good advice members have given me in the past 24 hours!

DVLA cannot call Marstons off, only the Court can do this.

Well I wondered about that and sent another email to the court this evening requesting that! Thank you so much for your responses!

Relieved to hear that!!! Why is it on their website then? And thanks for response! It didn't make sense considering the good advice members have given me in the past 24 hours!

I think you might have misinterpreted what has been posted on Marston's website. It explains that Marc Gander is founder/owner of CAG and has joined the advisory group at Marstons.

Change can only come from within a industry and hopefully, MG can go some way to having some influence by being on the advisory group :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think you might have misinterpreted what has been posted on Marston's website. It explains that Marc Gander is founder/owner of CAG and has joined the advisory group at Marstons.

Change can only come from within a industry and hopefully, MG can go some way to having some influence by being on the advisory group :)

Ah ok! Does that mean that he has access to all our queries and comments? Thanks for the clarification!

Ah ok! Does that mean that he has access to all our queries and comments? Thanks for the clarification!

Who, Marc Gander ? - He only has access to what you post on CAG because he can see what you have posted :)

He doesnt have access to any data within Marstons, that would be improper.

BCOBS

You say the Court was Yate, whereabouts is that as it does not appear on the Courtfinder.

Near Bristol I believe.

Ah, probably this one then https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/north-avon-magistrates-court

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who, Marc Gander ? - He only has access to what you post on CAG because he can see what you have posted :)

He doesnt have access to any data within Marstons, that would be improper.

I'm sorry - I'm just so stressed at the moment - haven't been able to eat or sleep since the notice last night!

Hello if they come to your door

just simply ask for any papers they have and would like to copy to you

and say thank you not today thank you and shut the door

they can not come in unless you let them and if its Mastons they lie a lot

Hello if they come to your door just simply ask for any papers they have and would like to copy to you and say thank you not today thank you and shut the door they can not come in unless you let them and if its Mastons they lie a lot

All the advice I'm getting is to not open the door to Marston under any circumstances.

and that is the correct advice.:wink:

Most definitely

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Marstons will be acting for the Magistrates in Yate, so when you get the information over to Yate about the issue with DVLA, you should ask them to put a stop on Marstons until your issues have been looked into.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Marstons will be acting for the Magistrates in Yate, so when you get the information over to Yate about the issue with DVLA, you should ask them to put a stop on Marstons until your issues have been looked into.

Hi, and thanks for your post - I emailed Yate Magistrates Court requesting this immediately after talking to a lady at the Court. The automated reply to my email though said it could take up to 10 days for them to read and act on the email.