style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know its petty! But can I do it?

I am currently applealing what I consider incorrect bailiff charges. It is going to the ombudsman this week. If I ultimatley have to pay....can I pay them £277.50 in 1 pence coins?

Like I said, its petty! It might make me smile a bit though. :-)

Thanks

K

karennol.. i like it lol

but i doubt the bailiffs office would accept it. i think it would be their choice whether they accept the penny coins or not.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Thanks! That upsets me a bit. Can I pay upto the limits in the small coins and then the balance in £1 coins do you think?

Again....very petty!! But I refused to pay £24.50 in fees pre Apr and they have upped it to £277.50 with no additional visits just a letter via mail. Not a bad profit for the price of a stamp!!

You can only pay 20 p in 1 pence coins, 20 p in 2 pence coins etc as per the list. So in effect they would be allowed to refuse it. However if I read it right you can make the total up of all the coin limits and top it up with £1 coins

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I wonder if you could make an issue out of it if they dont accept - after all, you are indeed offering to pay the charges with the money that you actually have.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You may well fail if you do try to pay in 1p coins. See here:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-woman-falls-foul-bizarre-3343235

That was the point of rebels post

So pay 2op in 1ps

20p in 2ps

£5 in 5ps

£5 in 10ps etc etc

Making up the balance in £1 coins

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Send them a letter, where the 1p coins sound appealing, get them to sign the letter to say they accept the selected method.

E.G.

1. Manure equivalent to the value of £277.50

2. Rotting fruit & veg to the value of £277.50

3. Cooking Oil to be recycled to the value of £277.50

4. 1p coins to the value of £277.50

I once paid part of my poll tax (1990) in 1/2, 1, 2,5p coins but only when I asked if they took any quantity of coinage. I didn't break the bank, more like my back, it was that heavy. Think the total was over £70. Went to the bank to get the change. Childish I know, but one day I will grow up!

Purchase One Sheep

Shave a Cheque onto the side of the sheep

Submit as payment

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I had the same sort of "problem" 30 years ago with Council Tax (£80 odd quid).

Withdrew from bank in small coinage (checked it 3 times at home and poured into a bag)

Stood in a queue while others arrived behind me, got to the pay clerk gave the invoice over and poured the contents of the bag out.

Received a "dirty look" from the clerk and a "round of applause" from the queue behind me.

Send them a letter, where the 1p coins sound appealing, get them to sign the letter to say they accept the selected method.

E.G.

I am liking the sound of that!!! I will wait until the outcome of my complaint first though.

I had the same sort of "problem" 30 years ago with Council Tax (£80 odd quid).

Withdrew from bank in small coinage (checked it 3 times at home and poured into a bag)

Stood in a queue while others arrived behind me, got to the pay clerk gave the invoice over and poured the contents of the bag out.

Received a "dirty look" from the clerk and a "round of applause" from the queue behind me.

HURRAH!!!! I would have cheered too!

E.G.

Most excellent advice!! Love it! LOL

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I know someone who sent a junk mail firm increasingly larger boxes of house bricks with their Reply-Paid envelope taped to the box. One cost the firm £75.00 in postal charges. He was going to send them a carton full of breeze blocks, but they asked him not to send any further boxes of bricks in exchange for them not sending him any further junk mail. It did the trick.