myHermes says delivered - I disagree!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ordered an item online, was 'delivered' by myHermes. Used the tracking info the company gave me, and on the day it was due to be delivered, I waited in for it. I've never had any problems whatsoever with myHermes, but upon reloading the tracking page, it said "Delivered - left in porch". Problem is, we don't even have a porch! I contacted both the company and Hermes to find out what happened and what I can do next. Hermes said they spoke to the local courier, who says the item was left on the doorstep through a side gate, and could not be seen from the road. However, we share our gate with another flat, and the gate itself isn't in great condition so could have blown open. Either way, surely our doorstep isn't a 'safe place' to leave an item? They could have used the shed at the end of the garden (which other couriers tend to use) or even my son's play house would have been more secure than the doorstep! After hearing back from the company I ordered from, they've said that unless I can prove the item wasn't delivered, then there's nothing I or they can do, as it shows 'item delivered'. Am I out of luck (and £30) now then?

How on earth can you prove non delivery? They have these little hand held gadgets that the customer is supposed to sign, that is their proof of delivery, unless they have that, they have nothing. the onus is on them to prove delivery, that the delivery driver has said that they left it somewhere is not proof.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

No, THEY need to take it up with the courier, they are employed by the supplier to deliver the goods that you have bought, they are the ones that have the problem, unless the courier can prove delivery, you should either have a replacement item delivered or a refund. I would take this up with a manager or look up the name for the MD, and yes, I would also try for a Visa chargeback if you get no joy.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I'm afraid that MyHermes are not a reliable courier service and this is very common, the driver scanning and signing for stuff and them throwing it in the nearest bin. Often,as they get paid rubbish wages the drivers will no longer be witht he company by the time your complaint reaches the top of the pile.

Sounds like the courier might have ran off with the item, or left it at someone elses house so he can say its delivered and get his comission.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They do this a lot. Literally Hermes is the worst delivery company and their prices show for it. No one should use them. Their "staff" aren't delivery drivers, they are just anyone that walks in off of the street and asks.

There are others that are worse. Much much worse. Such as throwing a package through an open window and claiming it was delivered.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sent hundreds of parcels using different companies. Hermes has had the most damaged, and most non-delivery's out of the one's we've used. Second worst is "Home Delivery Network".

Best one we've used is Interlink Express.