• Tweets

• I understand confusion with this thread.  I tried to keep threads separate because there have been so many angles.    But a team member merged them all.  This is why it's hard to keep track. This forum exists to help little people fight injustice - however big or small.  Im here to try get a decent resolution. Not to give in to the ' big boys'. My "matter' became complicated 'matters' simply because a lender refused to sell a property. What can I say?  I'll try in a nutshell to give an overview: There's a long lease property. I originally bought it short lease with a s.146 on it from original freeholder.  I had no concerns. So lender should have been able to sell a well-maintained lovely long lease property.  The property was great. The issue is not the property.  Economy, sdlt increases, elections, brexit, covid, interest hikes etc didn't help.  The issue is simple - the lender wanted to keep it.    Before repo I offered to clear my loan.  I was a bit short and lender refused.  They said (recorded) they thought the property was worth much more and they were happy to keep accruing interest (in their benefit) until it reached a point where they felt they could repo and still easily quickly sell to get their £s back.  This was a mistake.  The market was (and is) tough.   2y later the lender ceo bid the same sum to buy the property for himself. He'd rejected higher offers in the intervening period whilst accruing interest. I had the property under offer to a fantastic niche buyer but lender rushed to repo and buyer got spooked and walked.  It had taken a long time to find such a lucrative buyer.  A sale which would have resulted in £s and another asset for me. Post repo lender had 1 offer immediately.  But dragged out the process for >1y - allegedly trying to get other offers. But disclosure shows there was only one valid buyer. Lender appointed receiver (after 4 months) - simply to try acquire the freehold.  He used his powers as receiver to use me, as leaseholder, to serve notice on freeholders.  Legally that failed. Meanwhile lender failed to secure property - and squatters got in (3 times).  And they failed to maintain it.  So freeholders served a dilapidations notice (external) - on me as leaseholder (cc-ed to lender).   (That's how it works legally) I don't own the freehold.  But I am a trustee and have to do right by the freeholders.  This is where matters got/ get complicated.  And probably lose most caggers.   Lawyers got involved for the freeholders to firstly void the receiver enfranchisement notice. Secondly, to serve the dilapidations notice.  The lack of maintenance was in breach of lease and had to be served to protect fh asset. The lender did no repairs. They said a buyer would undertake them. Which was probably correct. If they had sold. After 1y lender finally agreed to sell to the 1st offeror and contracts went with lawyers.  Within 1 month lender reneged.  Lender tried to suggest buyer walked. Evidence shows he/ his lawyers continued trying to exchange (cash) for 4 months.  Evidence shows lender and receiver strategy had been to renege and for ceo to take control.   I still think that's their plan. Lender then stupidly chose to pretty much bulldoze the property.  Other stuff was going on in the background. After repo I was in touch by phone and email and lender knew post got to me.   Despite this, after about 10 months (before and then during covid), they deliberately sent SDs and eventually a B petition to an incorrect address and an obscure small court.  They never served me properly.  (In hindsight I understand they hoped to get a backdoor B - so they could keep the property that way.)  Eventually the random court told them to email me by way of service.  At this point their ruse to make me B failed.  I got a lawyer (friend paid). The B petition was struck out. They’d failed to include the property as an asset. They were in breach of insolvency rules. Simultaneously the receiver again appointed lawyers to act on my behalf as leaseholder. This time to serve notice on the freeholders for a lease extension.  He had hoped to try and vary the strict lease. Evidence shows the already long length of lease wasn't an issue.  The lender obviously hoped to get round their lack of permission to do works (which they were already doing) by hoping to remove the strict clauses that prevent leaseholder doing alterations.   The extension created a new legal angle for me to deal with.  I had to act as trustee for freeholders against me as leaseholder/ the receiver.  Inconsistencies and incompetence by receiver lawyers dragged this out 3y.  It still isn't properly resolved.  Meanwhile - going back to the the works the lender undertook. The works were consciously in breach of lease.  The lender hadn't remedied the breaches listed in the dilapidations notice.  They destroyed the property.  The trustees compiled all evidence.  The freeholders lawyers then served a forfeiture notice. This notice started a different legal battle. I was acting for the freeholders against what the lender had done on my behalf as leaseholder.  This legal battle took 3y to resolve. The simple exit would have been for lender to sell. A simple agreement to remedy the breaches and recompense the freeholders in compensation - and there's have been clean title to sell.  That option was proposed to them.   This happened by way of mediation for all parties 2y ago.  A resolution option was put forward and in principle agreed.  But immediately after the lender lawyers failed to engage.  A hard lesson to learn - mediation cannot be referred to in court. It's considered w/o prejudice. The steps they took have made no difference to their ability to sell the property.  Almost 3y since they finished works they still haven't sold. ** ** I followed up some leads myself.  A qualified cash buyer offered me a substantial sum.  The lender and receiver both refused it.   I found another offer in disclosure.  6 months later someone had apparently offered a substantial sum via an agent.  The receiver again rejected it.  The problem of course was that the agent had inflated the market price to get the business. But no-one was or is ever going to offer their list price.  Yet the receiver wanted/wants to hold out for the list price.  Which means 1y later not only has it not sold - disclosure shows few viewings and zero interest.  It's transparently over-priced.  And tarnished. For those asking why I don't give up - I couldn't/ can't.  Firstly I have fiduciary duties as a trustee. Secondly, legal advice indicates I (as leaseholder) could succeed with a large compensation claim v the lender.  Also - I started a claim v my old lawyer and the firm immediately reimbursed some £s. That was encouraging.  And a sign to continue.  So I'm going for compensation.  I had finance in place (via friend) to do a deal and take the property back off the lender - and that lawyer messed up bad.   He should have done a deal.  Instead further years have been wasted.   Maybe I only get back my lost savings - but that will be a result.   If I can add some kind of complaint/ claim v the receiver's conscious impropriety I will do so.   I have been left with nothing - so fighting for something is worth it. The lender wants to talk re a form of settlement.  Similar to my proposal 2y ago.  I have a pretty clear idea of what that means to me.  This is exactly why I do not give up.  And why I continue to ask for snippets of advice/ pointers on cag.  
    • It was all my own work based on my previous emails to P2G which Bank has seen.
    • I was referring to #415 where you wrote "I was forced to try to sell - and couldn't." . And nearer the start in #79 .. "I couldn't sell.  I had an incredibly valuable asset. Huge equity.  But the interest accrued / the property market suffered and I couldn't find a buyer even at a level just to clear the debt." In #194 you said you'd tried to sell for four years.  The reason for these points is that a lot of the claims against for example your surveyor, solicitor, broker, the lender and now the receiver are mainly founded in a belief that they should have been able to do something but did not. Things that might seem self evident to you but not necessarily to others. Pressing these claims may well need a bit more hard evidence, rather than an appeal to common sense. Can you show evidence of similar properties, with similar freehold issues, selling readily? And solid reasons why the lender should have been able to sell when you couldn't.
    • You can use a family's address.   The only caveat is for the final hearing you'd need to be there in person   HOWEVER i'd expect them to pay if its only £200 because costs of attending will be higher than that
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Deceived by the job center

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At my last job centre plus advisor interview, she decided to put me onto something she called 25+ skills support for unemployed. She printed me of two letters saying to go to so and so place at 10am for an assessment interview. I asked her specifically what this was and what would it entail. She said it would be an interview and a quick skills test so they could see if they could help with any training etc to get back into work.

I turned up today for there to be a large group of us, we are taken up to a classroom and told it is the first day of an 8 week course, mon - fri 10-4. None of us knew this, we all thought and had been told we were there for an interview and assessment. The people who run the course told us the jc+ keep doing this and not informing people what we are being signed up to do.

I was allowed to leave early to take it up with my jc+. I managed to see a manager who agreed my letter was wrong and I should of been informed of exactly what I was doing. He told me the problem was once I agreed to do courses like this it was mandatory and I would be sanctioned if I didnt attend. I told him I hadnt agreed to a course as I was only told I was going for an interview. He called my advisor over who sat and lied to my face saying she gave me the full information and the letter I was given was just a standard letter they use for everything. My reply was that the letter was therefore a lie.

The manager said he would look into and speak to my advisor about how she is dealing with me as I wanted to put in a complaint and this is how he is dealing with it. I fully expect at my next sign on date to be sanctioned again ( she did it before, I appealed it and won) because she now knows loud and clear I think she is pointless.

I would be very grateful if anyone here could help me with where I stand on this and what my rights are considering I was completely mislead and lied to about this. I am at breaking point with them and today was the first time I had to have a security guard stand behind me while in there.

Edited by frozenelsa
so stressed I'm missing out words

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, if you want to gain employment, why don't you want to do the course ?

You really need to put your complaint in a letter and preferably send it by recorded post so there is no denying they received it. Name the person you have a grievance with and what that grievance is.

Doing the course is not the issue, the issue is being lied to about what it is how long for etc. I expected to be going for an interview and skills assessment to find out about if and what they could do to help me. I want help with the job centre and thier inability to communicate the course is not the problem the job centre is.

"First off, if you want to gain employment, why don't you want to do the course ?"

Probably because like most people they recognise that these courses offer NOTHING in terms of learning new skills or building confidence and that they are a simple tick box exercise to make the DWP/WP etc feel they are doing a great job. The courses lead to NOTHING and you learn NOTHING and just sit in a room with a trainer with no skills whatsoever or no knowledge of the subject who is just as bored and peeved off as the participants are. So, basically, it is a just a waste of time

First off, if you want to gain employment, why don't you want to do the course ?

Who says the course would actually help with employment? It's more likely part of the methods to stress people into quitting benefits like JSA and without a job

Who says the course would actually help with employment? It's more likely part of the methods to stress people into quitting benefits like JSA and without a job

That is EXACTLY what it is - the hope you quit and get sanctioned

I was on a two week version where it was impossible to fail, the ideas were basic and tedious due to how basic it was, a tutor got in trouble with the jobcentre for advising against applying for a job as the applicant would have been worse off, plus one tutor was extremely judgemental and some did get sanctioned due to this course

I was told about 6 months in to signing on that I needed to go on an emplyability course for 2 weeks, every day, 9-5. When I looked at the agenda I said to my adviser "There is no way I am going on that" and then went on to explain why ... I never did go on it and my rationale for not doing so was accepted.

...but the best one (repeated this on INGEUS thread) was the JCP wanting me to do a level 2 NVQ in customer service. I said "no" was then asked why so I replied "bit pointless when I have a level 4 already" ... cue red faces. They only had to look at my CV to see I had a much higher qualification plus a degree etc - idiots

The saddest thing about it all is that there are some claimants (not all, of course, but some) who would in fact benefit from a well-designed and well-run course in something like "Employability Basics" - CV writing, jobsearch tips, interview techniques and so on. But few, if any, such courses exist because it costs money to design a good course and employ qualified tutors - and there just isn't any money.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The saddest thing about it all is that there are some claimants (not all, of course, but some) who would in fact benefit from a well-designed and well-run course in something like "Employability Basics" - CV writing, jobsearch tips, interview techniques and so on. But few, if any, such courses exist because it costs money to design a good course and employ qualified tutors - and there just isn't any money.

I was waiting to see my WP adviser a few months ago, and there was a course (well an introduction to it) just starting.

The 'clients':) all looking totally disinterested asked what options in respect of retraining were open to them.

The course must have been about factory/warehouse related stuff, as many of them asked about training to become a fork lift driver.

The man taking the course said those courses are like gold (ie expensive) and we have none on offer - from what I could gather this course was about shop floor health and safety so all he was offering was a talk and film training days!

Useful I am sure, but not exactly going to get them beating a path to employ you.

Is it any wonder people do not want to attend these things, how soul destroying it all is.

the JC+ is a joke. I went to this day course thing where they actually told us we needed to lie on our job applications.

Most of the people that work there were the people looking for the jobs, and were hopeless to the point JC+ were the only people willing to employ them.

They are rarely friendly to you, and can be very deceiving. I were docked £120 for being less than 5 minutes late from a building up the road that was falling down. Had to take the long way there. Thought that my excuse was good enough, but was told I should have pre-arranged to go the other way... what the hell?!

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/hornchurch_high_street_closed_due_to_potential_building_collapse_1_947833?usurv=skip

I quite agree, but the system needs to identify these people and not just pick on random people who may have skills and experience which are ten-fold what these so called trainers have thus making the claimant resent the system even more by wasting their time. Let's be honest here, and I don't want to sound brash or rude when saying this, there are people with a total disinterest in working full stop and these people tend to be unemployable anyway due to their lack of people skills, basic English and Maths and inability to conduct themselves in an appropraite manner when in the company of certain members of society. These people can be found at any JCP or WP provider and usually leave after their appointment and crack open a can of super strength lager as soon as they are out of the doors.

the JC+ is a joke. I went to this day course thing where they actually told us we needed to lie on our job applications.

Most of the people that work there were the people looking for the jobs, and were hopeless to the point JC+ were the only people willing to employ them.

They are rarely friendly to you, and can be very deceiving. I were docked £120 for being less than 5 minutes late from a building up the road that was falling down. Had to take the long way there.

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/hornchurch_high_street_closed_due_to_potential_building_collapse_1_947833?usurv=skip

My old stomping ground - used to go to Havering College in Ardleigh Green Road many moons ago.

You were sanctioned for being 5 minutes late due to a health and safety matter? Hope you challenged it and won?

At my last job centre plus advisor interview, she decided to put me onto something she called 25+ skills support for unemployed. She printed me of two letters saying to go to so and so place at 10am for an assessment interview. I asked her specifically what this was and what would it entail. She said it would be an interview and a quick skills test so they could see if they could help with any training etc to get back into work.

I turned up today for there to be a large group of us, we are taken up to a classroom and told it is the first day of an 8 week course, mon - fri 10-4. None of us knew this, we all thought and had been told we were there for an interview and assessment. The people who run the course told us the jc+ keep doing this and not informing people what we are being signed up to do.

I was allowed to leave early to take it up with my jc+. I managed to see a manager who agreed my letter was wrong and I should of been informed of exactly what I was doing. He told me the problem was once I agreed to do courses like this it was mandatory and I would be sanctioned if I didnt attend. I told him I hadnt agreed to a course as I was only told I was going for an interview. He called my advisor over who sat and lied to my face saying she gave me the full information and the letter I was given was just a standard letter they use for everything. My reply was that the letter was therefore a lie.

The manager said he would look into and speak to my advisor about how she is dealing with me as I wanted to put in a complaint and this is how he is dealing with it. I fully expect at my next sign on date to be sanctioned again ( she did it before, I appealed it and won) because she now knows loud and clear I think she is pointless.

I would be very grateful if anyone here could help me with where I stand on this and what my rights are considering I was completely mislead and lied to about this. I am at breaking point with them and today was the first time I had to have a security guard stand behind me while in there.

Sorry to hear about this, it sounds a really nasty trick to pull - no doubt done so the advisor could make up her target figures for the week and get people on courses, whether done properly or deceitfully. You definitely need to complain - and loudly too.

If the letter just said 'attend on X day for an interview and assessment' then no way is that adequate notice for an 8-week course. Plus, if you were indeed starting a course of this length the advisor would have also needed to discuss expenses, bus pass, etc if required and other paperwork. I hope you kept these letters as proof and didn't let the JC manager keep hold of them, where they'll no doubt be promptly 'lost'.

Might pay you to start recording ALL meetings with the JC from now on. I've done this for months and it's a shame that we have to do this in order to protect ourselves from these unscrupulous people who are supposed to be helping us. Whether you want to do the course or not is not the issue; you should have been properly informed at all times what was happening.

I'd complain to the DWP District Manager, PCS Union and also threaten to go to your MP and the media if necessary. No use relying on the JC manager - he's no doubt fully aware of what his staff are up to; in fact, he probably told them to do it!

Good luck and keep us informed as to what happens.

Sorry to hear about this, it sounds a really nasty trick to pull - no doubt done so the advisor could make up her target figures for the week and get people on courses, whether done properly or deceitfully. You definitely need to complain - and loudly too.

If the letter just said 'attend on X day for an interview and assessment' then no way is that adequate notice for an 8-week course. Plus, if you were indeed starting a course of this length the advisor would have also needed to discuss expenses, bus pass, etc if required and other paperwork. I hope you kept these letters as proof and didn't let the JC manager keep hold of them, where they'll no doubt be promptly 'lost'.

Might pay you to start recording ALL meetings with the JC from now on. I've done this for months and it's a shame that we have to do this in order to protect ourselves from these unscrupulous people who are supposed to be helping us. Whether you want to do the course or not is not the issue; you should have been properly informed at all times what was happening.

I'd complain to the DWP District Manager, PCS Union and also threaten to go to your MP and the media if necessary. No use relying on the JC manager - he's no doubt fully aware of what his staff are up to; in fact, he probably told them to do it!

Good luck and keep us informed as to what happens.

I went to this course today and spent most of the day in groups (like school children) putting together a cover letter for an imaginary job. The last part of the day was spent with me glaring open mouthed at a woman, who has been signing on for over 10 years with no problems and is only actively seeking a job now so her husband can move over from India. I gained nothing. They apparently mainly offer IT courses with very few computers so yes so far seems rather pointless. The tutor also didnt make it through university and does not inspire much confidance.

I have no doubt in my mind the floor manager I spoke to does not give a single crap about what happened. I certainly intend to write a formal complaint to the highest manager at my JC+ about this. My advisor discussed nothing with me about this other than telling me it was an interview and maybe a quick skills test to see if and what they could help Me with. No expenses mentioned, paperwork etc nothing. She also flat out lied to the floor manager telling him she told me everything which is what made me snap.

How do I find out who my DWP district manager is? last time I tried to direct contact my JC+ via phone I was given a number for Leeds, not helpful when I live in Leicester. I have no idea who PCS union are but I shall google away.

As for the letters I was given by my advisor about this, the course tutor wanted me to hand over one for their records (the one that states I am there for an interview, the other says to just turn up to this place), I so far have managed to keep hold of it.

Just to add about the interview letter, my advisor said this was just a standard letter they give to everyone for everything no matter what they are putting you on.

Edited by frozenelsa

The PCS Union are the DWP's own union, but while they fight for the rights of the DWP, they also come down heavily on them if they don't stick to the rules. They're actually against a lot of DWP schemes - including this new 'Help To Work' scheme and they're strongly opposed to JC staff trying to sanction people unlawfully to make targets. For example, last year they issued the JC with clear instructions not to tell customers they had to give them access to their UJ accounts. (I've shown a copy of this memo to advisors who've lied to me about accessing my UJ and it shut them up instantly - I still reported them though :) )

Always worth mentioning complaining to the union; no worker ever wants problems with their union.. neither do their bosses.

Website is here; http://www.pcs.org.uk/ Well worth checking it regularly for new guidance.

I've found a list of DWP District Managers (link below). You can work out which one is yours (I'm useless at geography). I think it's a fairly recent list, you can give it a try anyway.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/281344/jcp-district-managers.pdf

The PCS Union are the DWP's own union, but while they fight for the rights of the DWP, they also come down heavily on them if they don't stick to the rules. They're actually against a lot of DWP schemes - including this new 'Help To Work' scheme and they're strongly opposed to JC staff trying to sanction people unlawfully to make targets. For example, last year they issued the JC with clear instructions not to tell customers they had to give them access to their UJ accounts. (I've shown a copy of this memo to advisors who've lied to me about accessing my UJ and it shut them up instantly - I still reported them though :) )

Always worth mentioning complaining to the union; no worker ever wants problems with their union.. neither do their bosses.

Website is here; http://www.pcs.org.uk/ Well worth checking it regularly for new guidance.

I've found a list of DWP District Managers (link below). You can work out which one is yours (I'm useless at geography). I think it's a fairly recent list, you can give it a try anyway.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/281344/jcp-district-managers.pdf

Thankyou very much, I fully intend to dig my heels in with this one and Im sick of my advisor treating me like crap. She saw me quite obviously as an easy target.

Good luck. I've posted this elsewhere but have a look at this page from the PCS union site, where they did a survey of JC advisers and you'll see just what we're all up against.

According to the survey almost two thirds of advisers admit to being pressured to make inappropriate sanctions. I suspect the figure is a lot higher. It's a disgrace. I've already showed it to a few advisers at my JC (naturally they aren't the ones doing it though..yeah right!)

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/news_and_events/pcs_comment/index.cfm/sanctions-ineffective-jobcentre-staff-say

Good luck. I've posted this elsewhere but have a look at this page from the PCS union site, where they did a survey of JC advisers and you'll see just what we're all up against. According to the survey 1 in 4 advisers admit to making 'inappropriate' sanctions. I suspect the figure is a lot higher. It's a disgrace. I've already showed it to a few advisers at my JC (naturally they aren't the ones doing it though..yeah right!)

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/news_and_events/pcs_comment/index.cfm/sanctions-ineffective-jobcentre-staff-say

I know all about inappropriate sanctions, my advisor sanctioned me the 2nd time she saw me. She said I hadnt been doing my jobsearch,applying for jobs etc. Its amazing how that same day my first universal jobmatch account vanished off their system (I believe she used that as a reason to sanctiopn me). I appealed it, won made a new uj account and denied them access to it. My advisor is obviously trying to trip me up and has been trying to since she first met me. She did this with ingeus and a 4 week work thing. I guess recording all meeting is the only way I can cover myself, I was also denied changing advisor and was told flat out no it cant be done.

My advisor discussed nothing with me about this other than telling me it was an interview and maybe a quick skills test to see if and what they could help Me with. No expenses mentioned, paperwork etc nothing. She also flat out lied to the floor manager telling him she told me everything which is what made me snap.

As for the letters I was given by my advisor about this, the course tutor wanted me to hand over one for their records (the one that states I am there for an interview, the other says to just turn up to this place), I so far have managed to keep hold of it.

If you suspect that this, or any other adviser, is going to wilfully deceive you again, record all conversations - You will have to be creative and be discrete when doing so or they will object like hell about it. Last time I had to resort to using underhand methods, I'd place a cheap dictaphone on the desk (not running), beside it, place a soft case which contained a digital recorder (powered and recording), and as backup, a tie-clip mike hooked up to a third recorder. (links are examples only).

As for the letter(s) - Photocopy them and file the originals somewhere safe. If the provider insists on being given the letter, tell them that is addressed to yourself and is confidential. If they press the issue, hand over a photocopy.

I hope you are keeping all your bus/train tickets - Make sure that travel expenses are reimbursed in full and without any strings attached.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you suspect that this, or any other adviser, is going to wilfully deceive you again, record all conversations - You will have to be creative and be discrete when doing so or they will object like hell about it. Last time I had to resort to using underhand methods, I'd place a cheap dictaphone on the desk (not running), beside it, place a soft case which contained a digital recorder (powered and recording), and as backup, a tie-clip mike hooked up to a third recorder. (links are examples only).

As for the letter(s) - Photocopy them and file the originals somewhere safe. If the provider insists on being given the letter, tell them that is addressed to yourself and is confidential. If they press the issue, hand over a photocopy.

I hope you are keeping all your bus/train tickets - Make sure that travel expenses are reimbursed in full and without any strings attached.

I can use my phone, the screen goes black but keeps recording with nothing but the blue LED notification light flashing. Plop it on the desk in front of me and sorted.

I have no intention at all of handing over my original letters and the post office round the corner can photocopy them for me.

Yes I am keeping all bus tickets £4.20 a day so yes they will be paying it back.

It can be hard for some people to assert themselves - I'm all for a quiet life - but you reach a stage where you have to do it, or you'll just get picked on. Hopefully if you complain loud enough and back it up with their own guidance she'll leave you alone and switch to someone else.

The JC seem to have the impression that everything is all one-way ie they tell you what to do and you just have to accept it, but they're public servants who actually have far more rules to follow than we do; if they don't follow them then they too can be reported - and to a lot more people too.