Please read if you had to do a Costumer Compliance Interview immediately after finishing Work Programme

Beatrice Bee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've finished the Work Programme and would like to find out if all of us Post Work Programme people have to do a Customer Compliance Interview showing our passport, utility bills, tenancy agreement, 6 months worth of bank statements.

I have read the CC guidance to see what it is all about and would like to get info about what to watch out for, what they asked apart from changes of circumstances and if it resulted in a sanction or anything unpleasant or if it went fine.

All I have coming into my bank account is my HB and JSA and reported changes of circumstances immediately but I know that they have some tricks up their sleeve. Saw a post saying they closed the OP's JSA claim on hearing she is ill telling her she has to claim ESA instead. I can see it will end in calling the manager again as these advisers misbehave too much.

Please reply tonight if you have the time. Thank you.

https://disney.go.com/mickey//forum?catid=10&id=86531&view=topic

Sorry I have no first hand experience of this interview, just the corrupt methods they use.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok but that link you posted takes me to a games website so don't quite get it and not into computer games.

The letter I was handed about the interview is not the standard template letter included in their guidance but the wording is changed to make it more scary and to suggest that you have done something wrong and they will stop your benefits. Nice one to keep me occupied.

Right. It took me to Mickey Mouse games. It is a Tom & Jerry chase anyway, for most of us, even if you are a proper jobseeker declaring all your circumstances properly. The JCP is Tom chasing Jerry, the JSA claimant. The cartoon has a happy ending.

Any PWPS advice is helpful if no CC interview experience. I will have to be really nice and polite whatever nonsense they come up with.

Hi,

I've finished the Work Programme and would like to find out if all of us Post Work Programme people have to do a Customer Compliance Interview showing our passport, utility bills, tenancy agreement, 6 months worth of bank statements.

I have read the CC guidance to see what it is all about and would like to get info about what to watch out for, what they asked apart from changes of circumstances and if it resulted in a sanction or anything unpleasant or if it went fine.

All I have coming into my bank account is my HB and JSA and reported changes of circumstances immediately but I know that they have some tricks up their sleeve. Saw a post saying they closed the OP's JSA claim on hearing she is ill telling her she has to claim ESA instead. I can see it will end in calling the manager again as these advisers misbehave too much.

!!! Why are you having to provide this information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/clarification_of_certain_jobseek?unfold=1

There was a FOI request made and certain questions asked. The responses have been made you need to scroll down the page for those.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

For proof of ID, proof of address, proof of money in my bank account. You will have to account for every penny coming into your account and they will make it out you committed fraud by selling a telly for £20 on Ebay and the £20 being an income you should have declared to the JCP / DWP as income.

Someone up here said he paid some loose change into her bank account and had to show the receipt for the £9 paid in to JCP CC.

Another person borrowed money from a friend to be able to pay off a debt and JCP said it is undeclared income. As if. Those who work for cash in hand know not to put that money into their account but JCP will trip up innocent ppl.

Meant to say he paid loose change into his own account.

After 3 years on the dole JCP wants to give us a hard time: my explanation for the interview. Post Work Proggramme Support begins with signing on daily for 2 weeks. JCP is 30 mins walk. Will get me fit and time keeping will be tested, might even be improved but want it to be done with for good.

Hi,

Beatrice

Lot's of people have posted on CAG they had Customer Compliance Interview's at various times during there claim for benefits.

Why do think it's has some thing to do with the end of your work programme ?

I understand a Customer Compliance Interview is random, a computer picks out a claimant just to check there claim is OK !

Just coincidence you just finished the wp .

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

That is a very useful link for anyone wanting to get clued up on what costumer compliance interview is. Saw it last night and took me a few hours to go through it and some other posts about the subject. That is why I am asking for personal experience now. I know the person who will conduct the interview because she did my past 2 fortnightly signings on. You would think she is an adviser then, but letter says customer compliance officer. She does fortnightly signings for Work Programme clients at the JCP like any other adviser sitting there seeing clients.

Beatrice

Lot's of people have posted on CAG they had Customer Compliance Interview's at various times during the claim for benefits

Why do think it's has some thing to do with the end of your work programme ?

I understand a Customer Compliance Interview is random, a computer picks out a claimant just to check there claim is OK !

Just coincidence you just finished the wp .

Yes, this. We've seen no evidence that CC interviews are particularly targeted at WP leavers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Because it is right after the Work Programme and the adviser who gave me the letter and the manager made me believe so.

The adviser said she had to book me 2 apps. Then I got the app for the costumer compliance, then the app for the post work programme interview at the JCP.

All this came right after I denied access to my Universal Jobmatch account to the above adviser. She said: "Why?" I said because I do not have to give you access to my account. She said why don't you give us access, we want to help you finding a job, I would email you jobs. I said no, thank you. She said I am not doing enough to find a job, there is only 5 jobs in my paper job search evidence. I said there is 8, look on the other side. Went on with the why don't you give us access to your account so I said do you have a legal right to access my account?

Anyone refusing access, expect a bit of a hard time for it sooner or later. Better not to give access and avoid sanction by DWP poking their nose into account. Done nothing wrong so customer compliance interview should go fine. Won't be the one being coerced into giving access.

Seen couple of post work programme people up here saying they were asked to show 3-6 months worth of bank statements to JCP so thinking we all have to do it. Or just the ones with a big mouth not giving in to them.

That's not how Compliance works. You don't get a CC interview because you deny the advisers access to your UJM account. There's no process to make that happen - I processed ESA for years and can assure you that there was no way I could trigger a CC interview.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Ok. Another option is that my ex boyfriend reported me fraudulently, claiming that I work and have not declared it. It is not true.

He also reported me [in August 2013] claiming that I am illegal in the UK. Had to go for an interview to the local custody centre with proof of address and JSA. The immigration officer photocopied them and was happy with me: EU citizen claiming JSA and HB is definitely not illegal immigrant.

Ok. Another option is that my ex boyfriend reported me fraudulently, claiming that I work and have not declared it. It is not true.

He also reported me [in August 2013] claiming that I am illegal in the UK. Had to go for an interview to the local custody centre with proof of address and JSA. The immigration officer photocopied them and was happy with me: EU citizen claiming JSA and HB is definitely not illegal immigrant.

Hello there.

My understanding is that compliance is nowhere near as scary as it sounds with the DWP and has been known to identify benefits people weren't claiming when they could have.

I have a feeling that if someone had reported you, you would be dealing with a different department.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I know. This adviser was difficult with me, refusing to sign my job search evidence 4 weeks ago, saying she does not have to.

If she signs it, I have evidence that that is what she saw on my signing on day and if she reports me to DM for not enough job applications done, I would send the signed job search evidence to DM show my Jobseekers Agreement is covered.

There is this girl posting up here saying she had to do compliance interview for being grassed up that allegedly living with her boyfriend.

Will know soon what my one is all about. And then can watch Benefits Street on Channel 4.

Update: the person who was supposed to interview me was not in because "she had an accident".

Manager said an adviser would photocopy my documents which she did, as well as confirming that JSA is in payment. Hb is in payment, was put through today.

Tomorrow hoping to get the Jobcentre Offer and not the Mandatory Intervention Regime. The latter includes MWA.

It's probably my ex's malicious allegations again. Will print out his email in which he states that I "did not steal his laptop, he had said it to me that I did as an act of revenge". Offered to lend his laptop to me and then emailed me that he will report it to the police that I stole it. All that because a Saturday night I cancelled going to his place saying don't want to see him again.

Update [in case anyone is bothered to read]

Today asked the manager when is the compliance interview going to take place / how they will let me know about time and date.

He said it's all done, all they wanted is my documents to update my file because I've been away from them for 2 yrs [Work Programme] and the info they hold is 2 yrs old. [not that I don't sign on at the JCP every other week so not exactly 2 yrs, is it]

The start of my current JSA claim is Aug 2013 so what they hold is 5 months old but never mind.

Asked why it is called costumer compliance interview then if they do not ask me anything / no interview, they just wanted my documents. He said because they have nothing else to call it.

Though strange, sounds like an acceptable explanation [JCP]. In which case my ex is innocent and has not made any false allegations.