Already in esa support group and cancer dignosis

wiseajak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok il try and keep it short.

Im slightly confused as initailly i was called to have my atos assesment in april.

On the day the told me they couldnt continue it because they had overlooked one of my conditions and the girl told me that she eas not qualified to test me for it and i hanto reaschedule my assesment.

U had my other appointment on. 29th may and had to resit the whole thing, i have server mental health issues, and sciatica and iv recently discovered im preganant.

The whole perpose of my re asessement was so i could see someone who was able to carry out the tests for my back issue., however once she had completed my mental health assesment me and my partner had to go bak into the waiting room.

We got called back. 5 mins later where the lady says to me we dont need to see anymore you can go on home we think your mental health is bad enough and you have alot in ya okaye etcetc but u may be called back for assesment in the future. She didnt even bother to test my back.

Call me stupid but what does this mean, have i passed my asessesment? Anyone ever had this happen to them?

What do i expect next? I hope this makes sence.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello wiseajak, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hi sir gilmour.

Thanks for the welcome, i dont no how to post in another forum im afraid im Using my phone as i dont have computer access if you able to assist me id appreciate it

Thanks

Ill ask an admin to move the thread for you. DOnt worry, you will be auto directed to it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'm assuming you've claimed ESA - if not, please let us know.

We can't yet tell you whether you've passed or failed, as it's not actually Atos who make that decision. The assessor's report will now be sent to a Decision Maker at the DWP who will actually decide on your entitlement to ESA. It does sound that the Atos person intends to recommend that you be awarded ESA, but obviously I can't swear to that.

As to being asked to come back for another assessment, again, the Atos people have no control over when and how often you are called in for an assessment, so that's probably what she meant.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank u antone, yes im claiming esa,

I was just very confused to be sent home without being tested for what i had to come back for.

Yeah i no its up the DWP. Yea her exact words were you may be called for re assessment in the future. Well i do hope tht means iv passed so to speak as im

Not in the rightplace for work at yet. Il will post up ehat happens.

Thanks all

• 5 months later...

Ok sorry if this is in the wrong place but i can never find where to post specific threads. Appoligies also if title is confusing but im unsure of what to call it.

Ok so in march/april i was placed in the ESA support group following my assesment, for depression/anxiety, sciatica and various other alements, at the time it was only a suspected sarcoma (cancer) was awaiting an appoint for a biopsy.

Was and still am pregnant (now 32 weeks)

Fast forward to june,

I had my biopsy in may and was finally diagnosed with a liposarcoma of the right lateral thigh, (cancer of the soft tissue: muscle /fatty tissue) and because i was only 18 weeks pregnant they were unsure if i could have surgery right away.

But the maternity doc gave the go ahead and finally in September i had surgery to remove the tumour, (22weeks pregnant also)

Now should ii have informed Esa of the confirmed diagnosis?

I have no idea when i due to be reassessed, I'm due to give birth in December and I'm worried about when i do eventually get assessed again.

Part of my anxiety!

I cant have radiotherapy as im pregnant but on a good note they dont think i need it.

But its left me even more mentally worried as im only 24 and to get cancer young has scared me. Also confirmed diabetic 2 weeks ago.

I have muscle weakness and no feeling on my scared area and have to walk with crutches some days as i also have SPD due to baby. (Pelvis pain)

Walking is painful.

Anyone there who can advise me? Iv kept all my appointment letters. Im worries that when i do eventully get re assessed they will be cruel and kick me of Esa and me and my baby will suffer.

Somebody help! :'(

Hi,

Hopefully I've moved this thread to the correct forum, you should get some advice shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Wisejak, First of all try and take one day at a time, You have been given ESA and placed into the support group for various conditions which by the sound of it have become worse rather than better. At the present time you need rest not only for you but for the baby.

Do you know how long you was placed into the support group for? It would help to find this out?

Then ask yourself why was I placed into the support Group? have those conditions changed for the better or have they become worse?

I suffer from anxiety and I know how how much worry this horrible assessment system can cause and at times it can be very hard to be logical but it may be two years or longer before you need worry. So ring the DWP and ask how long you were placed into the support group for. This information may take some of the worry away at this difficult time for you.

Good luck

• Haha 1

Hello thank you maroon and mrmastiff.

I didnt think to ask that question . All i can remeber is when i rang to ask about sick notes and wether is needed to aemd in any more as i wasnt aware if i did need to or not. A man said to that sick notes where no longer needed as i was considered unfit to work until at least next year, no idea if it was late or early next year that was unspecified.

Ok so ring them monday? All i can say iis nothing is improving, im getting worse although im happy about baby, my baby is the only thing at the moment that is capable of making me smile. Im just worry so much that if anything happens my baby will be affected it it really does upset me so much as i feel so much love for this child.

You shouldn't need to inform DWP. Whilst your condition has changed, you're already in the support group; so nothing else would change. It would be different if you were in the work group and your cancer meant you meet the criteria for support group.

The problem with DLA and cancer (non-terminal) is that your cancer and the needs arising from it may not last long enough - currently 3 months pre-claim and another 6 months after you claim.

Edited by Nystagmite

Get third party advice. If your condition changes for the worse, inform the DWP. Otherwise, they don't know.

If you were very ill (like me) it all seemed to happen automatically. I am not sure how? Social Workers have been known to do this on behalf of ill patients.

It can't happen automatically. Someone has to inform the DWP somehow. And the patient probably has to sign any claims even if they are completed by an agent on your behalf.

It works both ways, if you get better or worse.

:wiseajak:

Neither your new diagnosis, nor your pregnancy will have any immediate effect on your entitlement to employment n support, unless there's been a dramatic improvement in your mental health and mobility. Doesn't sound like it, if you're on crutches. :-)

In theory, the default position should be to inform Jobcentreplus/Social Security of any changes which may affect entitlement to benefits but I guess you had rather more to think about at the time. And there was no chance your change of circs would lead to an overpayment. However it'd be a good idea to tell them of your diagnosis now to avert possible future problems.

The recommended time before reassessment will be stated on the ESA85/85A Atos report of your last assessment. A copy's available on request from your benefit centre.

Whenever you're called for reassessment, your entitlement will depend on whether you still meet the legal criteria. Should you need further treatment for your cancer after the baby's born, a decision maker may be able to treat you as having limited capability for work/work related activity without a further Atos assessment.

Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy and a safe delivery, Margaret.

And a picture of things to come, :bathbaby:.

Thank you Margaret. Well they know of my pregnancy as i was 8 weeks roughly when i had my assessment.

They also knew of my leg and that it was a possible sarcoma but i hadn't had a biopsy or it confirmed then. It wasn't confirmed cancer until june. I never requested my ATOS report, can i still do so?

I also have a social worker as I'm under 25 when diagnosed (im in NI) dont know if its the same for England etc.

The DLA claim was recommended by a member of CAB not just for the cancer but for the other problems I'm having and have had for sometime. Depression/anxiety being the main cause and my back just makes walking a chore and i have to take mini breathers.

I just want to make sure my baby is ok and is my main priority now. My trouble is i think to far ahead and worry about what hasnt even happened yet. Its something i wish i could just banish from my head but its easier said then done.

:wiseajak:

Yes, you're still entitled to a copy of the Atos report from your last assessment. And it should be available via a written request to your benefit centre. No response? Submit a formal subject access request to the Social Security Agency. They don't charge, and they're supposed to respond within forty days.

Over here we've got a specific Work n Pensions form;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-request-for-personal-information

But I can't find an equivalent form for Ireland. However, I've managed to find some written instructions from Social Development. And you could be creative with our form; :-)

http://www.dsdni.gov.uk/code-of-practice-for-data-matching.pdf

(Section 14)

Margaret.

Hello all

Update: i phoned ESA and they said that im due again for "review" in May 2014, i have temporary mind ease but still thats only 6months away roughly, il try not to panic.

Do you think it is wise to get hep from CAB for the next esa50 so its filled out better then my shambolic one last time?

Just a thought

Thanks all

Hello all

Update: i phoned ESA and they said that im due again for "review" in May 2014, i have temporary mind ease but still thats only 6months away roughly, il try not to panic.

Do you think it is wise to get hep from CAB for the next esa50 so its filled out better then my shambolic one last time?

Just a thought

Thanks all

Yes get some help filling out the form from cab, you could also download a form nearer the time to practice on.

I wish you and the wee one all the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all again,

I have a question about ESA and going on holiday.

Ok so i live in northern Ireland, and my family lives in England, i am wanting to go over in feb/march to finally see them all after the birth of my baby :) so baby can meet his/hers family.

I haven't been able to go over in 2 years due to health and money issues, however now I'm in a clear position to do so.

My question, I'm in the EsA support group and i know I'm only travelling to England but would i need to inform the ESA people of this? Plus I'm wanting to go for at least 2 weeks more if i can but not more then 4.

Where do i stand? I hope this is possible as not seeing my nannie that long has made me more depressed.

I hope this makes sense. As i didn't know as its only England and I'm not leaving the UK wether i needed to tell them.

Any help is greatly appreciated

don't think you need to do anything

you're not emigrating & its not a 'holiday' its a family visit.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello all again, stuck for an answer again...

Iv searched plenty but cant find the answer i need so would appreciate answers and help.

Iv had good phone call today about my late grandfathers estate. Due to complete next week.

Im currently on ESA an will be inheriting a small but nice sum of £3,800. Just in time for xmas and my babies birth,

However my question is thus, do i need to declare this to the ESA people? As i know that over £6k would affect entitlement but I'm recieving much less. Also would they require proof if so what?