NHS Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work at a hospital and parked there without buying a ticket as there was no where else. Its an external company called 'Mighty' or something i cant remember. Ive never been worried about parking there as its an external company and ive always been under the impression that unless youve been fined by the police, dvla, council then you can get away with ignoring it. However im surprised to see this ticket has NHS on it.

Would you pay it? Can i get away with not paying it? I found it very odd how it doesnt offer anywhere about appealing as they usually do

Thanks

IMAG1245_zps9f041c3c.jpg

Edited by Bobton

Click the word ignore and read. They cannot 'prosecute' or do anything as they have incurred no losses. It would be different if it was a council maintained car park, but a private company maintains it so they cant do anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It could but they would have trouble justifying it in court. Especially since you are employed there.

Go to the hospital and speak to the dept that handles the car park. They have the power to remove it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

On a separate matter, you might like to ask them whether a 5 year old wrote the notice out that you have attached?

'Court proceedings will be issued against you in order to affect recovery'

'if judgement is obtained'

Get them to write out the words Effect and Judgment 1000 times whilst slapping them about the upper regions with a dictionary!

Pedantic rant over, but this shows the extent of the intelligence at play here.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Actually with NHS hospitals there is a department that deals with this sort of thing. At least there is the 2 near me.

Your Hospital Trust will have a parking management team but the majority of appeals fall on deaf ears where revenue is concerned, a

nd I know because I am an employee NHS too and I even know of relatives rushing in to see dying patients getting a charge notice and the appeal not being upheld..

.How bad is that ???

Look on your trust's intranet, somewhere there should be a full copy of the parking policy which explains what happens if the ticket is not paid within 28 days

and who brings enforcement and legal proceedings as the Trust are not entitled to your details from the DVLA..

..You could also ask for a Freedom of Information Request to see what exactly all the parking revenue was spent on..

.I think it is shocking that Hospitals are profiteering from the sick and needy, and those who care for them and visit them.

..especially as the NHS is funded by the tax payer already..

...I think you will find that these charges are designed to be a deterrant / punative and therefore not recoverable in law.

...Youre not doing yourself any favours by advertising the fact you never buy a ticket as these sites are patrolled by PPCs as much as I hate them..

.Regards

Edited by Scouse Magic
spelling

On a separate matter, you might like to ask them whether a 5 year old wrote the notice out that you have attached?

'Court proceedings will be issued against you in order to affect recovery'

'if judgement is obtained'

Get them to write out the words Effect and Judgment 1000 times whilst slapping them about the upper regions with a dictionary!

Pedantic rant over, but this shows the extent of the intelligence at play here.

They also call it a fine.....

They also call it a fine.....

Which in case the original poster doesn't realise it, effectively sinks any case they might have. Not that they do have a case you understand!

Basically only local councils and the police are allowed to "fine" people. since their charge is not a pre-estimae of loss, it is a penalty (fine). They can't do that.

legal notice..what law?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

legal notice..what law?

dx

I think they are trying to say that it is not an illegal notice.

You will find that the Trust has farmed out all parking activites otherwise they would lose their charitable status and VAT exemptions (medical research) and have to pay corporation tax on the earings. They wont be allowed to spend the money on hospital type things anyway so it is beyond me why they bother to chase the money unless they have shares in the parking co (happens elsewhere).

• Confused 1

I think they are trying to say that it is not an illegal notice.

You will find that the Trust has farmed out all parking activites otherwise they would lose their charitable status and VAT exemptions (medical research) and have to pay corporation tax on the earings. They wont be allowed to spend the money on hospital type things anyway so it is beyond me why they bother to chase the money unless they have shares in the parking co (happens elsewhere).

It would be helpful to see the contract between the trust and the parking company / debt collector....A which magazine report publicised a freedom of information request on a dozen or so hospital trusts and found that each one profited more than a million pounds after all running costs...In my case which was brought by roxburghe hiding under the guise of the hospital, they sent me a cheque not the trust when they lost, but in my wifes case which they also lost, roxburghe refused to pay, so the trust paid themselves which leads me to ask who is responsible for what ?? The reality is, parking is big business and its disgusting that the sick and needy are being profited from.:-(

Ive just had a bit more time to look at the original charge notice and the penny dropped !!! Ureka...The OP should contact his trust's legal department who deal with negligence etc and will have no knowledge of parking issues and get them to scrub the tickets... As one cag reliable member already points out, the trust do not have the statute authority to use the word "Fine" and they could get themselves in trouble for doing so both with the law and the media.

They clearly also cannot state that employees may not discuss the matter.....pmsl feck orf........

Further down the notice we see Trethowans Solicitors ha ha ha :lol:

You may also wish to present to the trusts legal team this FOI request following a string of lost court cases by Threthowans Solicitors whos client was Aintree Hospitals in Liverpool..

Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

7 November 2011

Dear

Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Request for Information Reference: 1128

Thank you for your request for information regarding the amount of money

paid out to pursue unpaid parking charges at Aintree University Hospitals

NHS Foundation Trust.

You asked:

Ã* Amount of money paid by Aintree NHS trust to Trethowans solicitors to

pursue unpaid car parking charges over the last two years!

2010-11- £53,093.65

2011-12- £63,479.83 to date

Now wasting public money like that is worthy of any newspaper headline :lol::lol::lol: