My overall Benefits journey from 2013 to date - and on going still!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please excuse if this is a stupid question, I do have my moments. I am still on the old incapacity benefit, expecting the transition in the next couple of months or so. I have recently had a diagnosis of two other "new" conditions/illnesses, which affect my day in different ways to illnesses which I already have, so no overlapping symptoms if you see what I mean. Am wondering whether I should let the dwp know about these recent diagnosis's, if its classed as a change in any way? or just sit tight and add them on to any form I get when the transition happens?......

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You only need to tell them if the diagnosis would change the amount of money you'd receive.

I personally didn't tell them, nor was the new diagnosis included on any fit notes. It may affect my ability to work; but having another disability which affects me in pretty much the same way, it's difficult to tell really.

well, my MP wrote again to the "appropriate" minister when I asked back in march why I hadn't had a reply yet. She got nothing either. Turns out that this appropriate minister states they replied to my MP by email...which she never received???? she then asked for it in letter format which she then copied and sent to me, all a load of gumphhh, waste of ink, and dodging the real points, no surprise there. my MP has now written with regard to the "missing email"....I am left wondering what the hell they are doing if they cant send a simple reply to a simple question, and make sure it gets there? and where the hell did the email go with my personal reply?.....beggars belief. complete waste of time.

I am in the same boat regarding the person i saw who wasnt qualified to assess someone with mental health issues. I told her so at the medical but she didn't answer. I appealed and surprise surprise the Decision Maker sided with the so called Health Care Professional. I've now got to decide if i want to go through the hassle of asking for a tribunal as this is my last hope.

My problem is ive not seen a Mental Health Professional for ages since the person i used to see moved back to her hometown. I keep out of people's way to keep myself safe and others safe because i simply cannot be around people without getting anxious and seriously stressed aswell as angry. i am also suicidal which i have tried to do in the past, its all i think about every moment i'm awake, the only time i get any sort of peace is when i'm asleep which isn't often as my sleeping pattern is shocking.. I can't even go to my doctors even if i am really poorly for this reason. The last time i went to the doctors i seriously wanted to harm him as he simply didnt give a crap.

What i want to know is why do the Decision Makers automatically take what the ATOS medical persons views as gospel. I secretly recorded the medical for my own benefit and i stated to the nurse that if i'm put in the situation where i am stressed and i cant get out of it i could seriously harm someone, and if i do i am going to sue her and the DWP because i have told them how i am which was just me making idle threats as i couldnt do it. I put this all down in my appeal letter but they simply don't want to know. The DWP are not bothered about people being on benefits they just want people off the extra benefits that you get being on the sick.

With me not being happy around people i cant see the point really in asking someone like The Welfare Rights people to help but if i don't pluck up the courage to ask someone for help i can see myself being locked up for seriously harming someone and that terrifies me.

Sorry for the rant.

Hi,missy 2006

The mental health charity, Mind, states,”we're here to make sure that anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support.”

I don't know if you have tried these people but maybe you need to speak to them or an organisation like them. With the greatest respect, if you feel suicidal and want to harm people, I think, you need to talk to someone. Is your G.P. Of any use?

Sometimes a rant is a good thing!

My very best,

pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

well, my MP wrote again to the "appropriate" minister when I asked back in march why I hadn't had a reply yet. She got nothing either. Turns out that this appropriate minister states they replied to my MP by email...which she never received???? she then asked for it in letter format which she then copied and sent to me, all a load of gumphhh, waste of ink, and dodging the real points, no surprise there. my MP has now written with regard to the "missing email"....I am left wondering what the hell they are doing if they cant send a simple reply to a simple question, and make sure it gets there? and where the hell did the email go with my personal reply?.....beggars belief. complete waste of time.
Hi Ruby_Tuesday,

I've done a lot of community work, over sometime, that's caused me to come into contact with local councilors and M.P.'s . I have found them to be a bunch of self-serving, waste of space, S***s.

Imagine how far a minister is removed from the likes of us!

A complete waste of time? Maybe.

There may be charitable organisations out there that can give you the help you need.

My very best to you,

pitcher

Thanks for your reply pitcher, i don't want to harm anyone as such what i mean is if iam put in the situation where i cant control my emotions i know i could harm someone that's why i keep myself away from people that i dont know and even the people i do know. I tend not to go out very often i feel as though i have some sort of social phobia if that's possible.

My doctor is useless honestly i had to try and try for him to give me the unfit for work note and even then he didn't put on the correct information so my money got stopped. The other doctors are just the same they see that many people they seem disinterested in what people have to say. I think iam going to have to get in touch with The Welfare Rights people to see if they can help.

Thanks for your reply pitcher, i don't want to harm anyone as such what i mean is if iam put in the situation where i cant control my emotions i know i could harm someone that's why i keep myself away from people that i dont know and even the people i do know. I tend not to go out very often i feel as though i have some sort of social phobia if that's possible.

My doctor is useless honestly i had to try and try for him to give me the unfit for work note and even then he didn't put on the correct information so my money got stopped. The other doctors are just the same they see that many people they seem disinterested in what people have to say. I think iam going to have to get in touch with The Welfare Rights people to see if they can help.

Hi missy 2006,

If your G.P. Is a waste of space, then just use Yellow pages or Thompson’s to find a new one, in your area , it only takes a phone call. I have a “group practice”, I've got one doctor who is a total %$**& and one who is just what you need from a G.P.

I use the good one. You can do the same thing, I urge you to use your rights, don't be a victim of a bad G.P.

Please, have a go with the welfare rights people, they may do just what you're looking for.

I am in no way qualified to comment on your situation but, yes, I have heard of social phobia. Have a google and I think, you'll find, it's a well recognised problem.

If you have a specific problem or question, then you have a lot of CAGers out there and you may well find someone with an answer to suit you.

I wish you the very best,

pitcher

Fair do, missy2006,

If you need help, then please do "bother" anyone that may help you. You are not alone.

pitcher

You can help me. Click my star, if I've been of help. It might get me out of the red!

my best,

pitcher

Edited by pitcher
  • Confused 1

Yes missy you must bother them...shame them even, its disgraceful but this is how it is now, cut backs have eaten into the amount of qualified staff in the community mental health teams. I had 1 to 1 CBT for 12 months, which I understand is as rare as winning the lottery these days, I only got that because the first time round they had "made an admin error" which led to me not being told I had Bipolar, and being passed from one doctor to another without understanding what the hell they were on about most of the time, I then didn't go anymore and my GP got a letter stating I failed to attend.........3yrs later I went into meltdown after struggling since that so called assessment, and when the records were opened it was found I had been diagnosed but someone seemingly forgot to relay the info? seems they had a lot of temporary staff at the time.....I was too ill to care in 2009 I just wanted help, made no complaint I just took and appreciated the help I got then, and I think I got the full 5* service lol....now I would/will bother or pester whoever to get what I need, no room for pride here or they will ignore or trample over you.

.3yrs later I went into meltdown after struggling since that so called assessment, and when the records were opened it was found I had been diagnosed but someone seemingly forgot to relay the info?
I seem to remember that they can withhold information from you if it's believed that it would harm you in some way.

they should have informed my GP of the diagnosis at the time, as he had referred me. they just messed up in this case. when it all came to light in 2009 they said the meds I was on were just taking the edge off at best, and I had suffered unnecessarily by not getting the right treatment back in 2006, this could have been avoided had they sent the diagnosis to the GP in the first place, I knew I was mentally ill and that's why I was referred to the community mental health team. however they made up for it the best they could by giving me 1 to 1 CBT for 12 months, and the right meds to go with it, they supported me wholeheartedly with my appeal for benefits, and provided letters which helped at the tribunal. it wasn't withholding info for any reason, its just a good job I had family support to battle through as long as I did, I was near suicidal in 2009.

I have suicidal thought nearly every day i was a Gnats hair away in January when my beloved Rottweiler Missy suddenly died i still cant look at a picture of hers without getting upset but GP's just don't want to know. I used to see a Psychiatric Nurse every month for over 3 years but she moved back home so i just didn't bother i thought id just stay in the house out of peoples way but now i feel as though if and when they put me on Jobseekers i will harm someone if iam stressed which will mean i get arrested.

I thought the idea of Jobseekers was you were fit for work so putting someone who isn't fit is rather strange. Ive always said they are not bothered about you being on Benefits all they want is the extra money you get being on the hight Benefits.

Regarding my GP i wouldn't P*** on him if he was burning he is absolutely useless. i could Google my symptoms and get a better diagnosis than what he could give me.

I have suicidal thought nearly every day i was a Gnats hair away in January when my beloved Rottweiler Missy suddenly died i still cant look at a picture of hers without getting upset but GP's just don't want to know. I used to see a Psychiatric Nurse every month for over 3 years but she moved back home so i just didn't bother i thought id just stay in the house out of peoples way but now i feel as though if and when they put me on Jobseekers i will harm someone if iam stressed which will mean i get arrested.

I thought the idea of Jobseekers was you were fit for work so putting someone who isn't fit is rather strange. Ive always said they are not bothered about you being on Benefits all they want is the extra money you get being on the hight Benefits.

Regarding my GP i wouldn't P*** on him if he was burning he is absolutely useless. i could Google my symptoms and get a better diagnosis than what he could give me.

Hallo again missy,

I've given what little advice and support that I can give. Also, Ruby_ Tuesday has given first class advice and support for you.

Please save your p**s. I can only ask you to find a new G.P. A good G.P. Will deal with any problems they can deal with. If not, then ,they are a gateway to the most appropriate help.

Please use the advice above. Don't be a victim of a bad G.P. Find one that will help you.

My very best to you,

pitcher

Getting back to my comments at the start of this thread and at the letter (finally) received by my MP. It seems the DWP don't really answer anything properly...and also to send a reply to my MP by email which she is saying she didn't receive and would look into why that was......what I have I heard? yep....Nothing........so they don't give a hoot, don't reply properly, and either send emails to the wrong person or don't bother and lie about it.......

The DWP are very much less than helpful but IF you don't send the information in on time that they ask for they are quick enough to sanction you.I also question the so called Decision Makers who seem to totally ignore what you have to say and take it as Gospel what the HCP states in their report.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, and Ruby Tuesday i hope you get the sufficient information that you need but as you have stated the DWP simply don't give a Hoot.

Well I found the info I needed elsewhere....but that's not the point.

Totally agree with you missy2006 and no apology needed about off topic, we are all here to air our situations and opinions.

Good Luck with your situation!

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to end up in trouble thought I would run this by you...to try and help my concentration, and gear my brain away from anxiety, jog short term memory etc, I have some pc games, having used them all and wanting some new, which I cant afford, I thought I could sell my used ones on ebay and use the money I got to buy some more, there are lots on that site I could get. Would any sales or money from them which go into my bank be looked upon as earnings? profit? they would be sold obviously at lower than the cost at new, and I would be buying from the same site.

Nope. Youre just selling unwanted goods. If you were buying and reselling similar to a business and you did it regularly then yes, it would be considered earnings.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

no not earnings,only if you specifically buy to sell on at a profit[trading], not selling you own property

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

oh thanks guys.....that's a job for my daughter then lol I cant make head nor tail of the procedure etc but she will do it for me.