My overall Benefits journey from 2013 to date - and on going still!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

16 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I don't know if this helps at all, Ruby.

WWW.GOV.UK

How to order a copy of a decree absolute or a final order if you want to remarry or prove that you have divorced your former husband or wife or...

HB

sorry honeybee13 that was helpful there is a form D440 can be used if we dont know which court...thank you

I suppose there must be a reason why they need a decree absolute after all these years...just baffles me

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we printed off the D440 but got someone in 2nd in queue on phone to court we think may have the old records now. It may be easier/quicker that way. I will update.

well that was a waste of time... had someone on phone to them, were 9th then 8th etc down the queue, waited ages at 1st in queue...then just ringing and ringing for ages...no answer..

Who has told you that you need the divorce paperwork ?

Perhaps DWP State Pension already has the information ?

With UC claims, you will receive the payment due for the monthly assessment period during which you reach state pension age.  Then your UC claim will close.

I would suggest that you wait to the end of October/beggining of November and then phone the DWP state pension to see what is required.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have seen it listed as docs required. But thinking now as on UC then surely they don't need to be provided by me. It doesn't make sense.  I think on the application page it says have details of most recent marriage and divorce at hand. DWP know my situation. I'm going to do that, hold on until I speak to them. Thank you.

An update... this morning I received my invitation letter and code so have been online and applied for my state pension. 

The only issue is that a date was needed for my divorce, which I don't have (as per previous posts here) so I just put an estimate date in as could not proceed otherwise.

However now my state pension application has been made so I can ring them on Tuesday and tell them the date given was in my memory but don't have paperwork.

I was able to give ex's name and I have all details in my head of where it was dealt with so hopefully there will not be any further issue.

So relieved I got the invitation letter and code today. I actually cried with relief, I so hate this anxiety that whatever I do I cannot rid myself of.

Thank you so much for the help.

I will update further re the paperwork needed or not for others who may be facing the same situation.

I have also just read that the dwp UC and benefits dept works closely with dwp state pensions dept. 

Prior to the divorce, when my solicitor began proceedings the benefits claimed by then husband for the family were changed. I was able to claim for myself and children separately whilst the court assisted me in having him removed from the premises due to his behaviour and refusal to leave. The whole time was so distressing and frightening it made me ill. However it must then be on record with dwp of when my first claim was ever made and why... so maybe it will be sorted on tuesday. 

Just a final update on this ... as said in previous post I applied online on 17th sept for state pension after receiving the invite letter and code. For the record it was just inside the four months within reaching state pension age. 

I had put an estimate divorce date as wasn't quite sure but knew it was either the right date or very near. I didn't ring them about it as the letter states if they need further info they will contact you. So I let them be to get on with their job.

This morning, exactly one week later I have received my letter of how much pension I will receive and the date of first payment will be a part payment, then the date of first full payment to get me on a four week schedule. 

Am so pleased with the service I have received. The horrors of delays had plagued me. I have two seperate mental health diagnoses which trigger anxiety whether it be from anything real or just and or a chemical reaction in the brain. 

Anyhow for others worrying about dates maybe this will help.

Government generally processes these pension and benefit claims efficiently without any issues.

Of course some people experience problems and in the media including online forums, we tend to hear about problems.

So this thread should hopefully reassure people who read it, that the state pension process should just be followed.

! Just one warning to those who have moved address within say a year of their state pension date. Please do contact state pension helpline to make sure your address is up to date, so that you receive letters advising actions required to enable payment of your pensions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

from what I understand the assessment period in my claim is from 5th of the month to the 4th and payment is made on 11th.  State pension starts as from 11th of the month so should there not be a payment due from UC to cover 5th to the 10th? as if UC ends as from 4th and state pension starts on the 11th there is a gap there?

You will get your final UC statement for the period during which you receive your first pension payment, but the pension amount will be treated as other income, so you will get reduced UC payment or nil payment.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone.  My UC claim ended when my state pension began. The UC journal entry I made to check on exact dates due to a part pension payment etc, was replied to me by UC telling me that my claim would close in the assessment period after I turned 66yrs old. 

In my case that assessment period was February 2023.

I am now on state pension. State pensioners are not getting the 3 cost of living payments. We are having I understand, a top up with the heating allowance in winter 23/24.

However I have received a cost of living payment today. So I am wondering if the date my UC claim was closed is within the dates you needed to be claiming for UC in order to get the cost of living payment. The other requirement is that you are entitled also during that time. Which is where I think I have been paid it wrongly. As I cannot have been entitled once I hit state pension age?

I don't know who to get in touch with to sort it out. I have no UC account now obviously.  I think they have paid it in error.

For now it is sitting in my savings account so I don't spend it as it will need to be repaid?

Any advice very welcome. I haven't claimed or asked for this payment.

• dx100uk changed the title to I have received a cost of living payment today - not entitled?
  • dx100uk changed the title to My overall Benefits journey from 2013 to date - and on going still!!

been doing a bit of tidying up today as you have over 150 threads 

you'll now see your own mass thread over all you benefits journey (this thread)

one for your daughters journay

one for your sons journey

much tidier and everything in one place with you full history in one thread...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

time does that

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thats ok , probably already closed.

no need for you to do anything now.

dx

and they

And now I have had a reply re the col and uc and pension. So I was due it as they were both part payments within the qualifying period. I will not get the others. 

Solved.

DWP would not have paid you, if you were not entitled.  The cost of living payment was paid on the basis you had entitlement to a payment earlier in 2023. The dates below are what the recent cost of living payment was based

"entitled to a payment for one of these benefits between  26 January and 25 February 2023, or payment for an assessment period ending between these dates."

Thankyou.. yes it would seem as I had a part payment of UC and a part payment of state pension in the same period that is why I have this COL payment. I won't get the next 2. But I will get any pensioner payments after that.