Paypal & GPB Solictors

sootylfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is a brief outline

I sold a TV on preloved - the buyer contacted me via phone asked could the pick the TV up and pay via paypal.

He arrived with his partner and made the paypal via his sisters paypal account - he told me this at the time.

1 month later paypal said the account had been used authorized and they was going to carry out an investigation.

i contacted thebuyer via phone and he told me his sisters account had all recent transactions recalled - Which i never believed.

i had to provide Paypal with the evidence - i sent the text conversions we had to arrange the pick up.

Paypal refunded the buyer - The buyer then told me there was nothing i could do to get the money back and i was not going to get the TV.

I have texts from the buyer boasting saying there is nothing i can do to get the money back so do what i want. These texts are all saved.

Paypal then tried to recall the payment from my card - i cancelled the direct debit and my card with them so they could not do this.

I have recently received the attached letter.

Shall i ignore the letter? Do they have a case?

Am i wrong in thinking if a family member uses your account its not classed as unauthorized ?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

here is the latest letter i have got.

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45666[/ATTACH]

Edited by citizenB
better picture - Removed personal details

The attachment is very blurred but I get the general idea.

From a pretend fake solicitors... Ignore it.

I'd be considering taking this matter to the police to be honest.

Have a look here http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

PayPal are a waste of space, they always seem to side with the buyer. A crime reference number from action fraud should sort them out!

Regards

BM

It never rains but it pours...

I took this to the police they sent me to the above address. I completed the form but heard nothing back.

The police even rang the person and it didn't have an impact.

You’ve found out the hard way how unsafe PayPal can be for sellers. Seems suspicious why someone would want to insist on paying using their sisters PayPal account on a collection item listed on Pre-Loved.

Well done for cancelling the direct debit and the card you had on file so they can’t help themselves. Pity you didn’t have the buyers address, I’d be straight round demanding my goods back!

As said above a crime reference number usually makes DCA’s run a mile when it comes to PayPal debts. If not there’s not a lot they can do except make empty threats.

Yes, send a short letter advising that you have been the victim of a fraud and you have been provided with a reference / crime number.

That you hope they will now cease harassing you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 5 weeks later...

From a pretend fake solicitors... Ignore it.

Is a pretend fake solicitor not just a genuine one!

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

I have removed your name from the images in post 1.

As for the latest letter you have received..

1: They are not permitted to simply turn up on your doorstep without making an appointment, and presumably you are not going to make one !

2: If they do turn up, what are their intentions ? They have no power to enter your property. They MUST leave your property when asked. If they make any attempt to intimidate, harass you, then you can call the police!

This it the type of behaviour we would expect from an unlicensed loan shark. And the very reason that protections were brought in for the consumer.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you reported this to the Police? You might not have the Buyer's address - but PayPal have the Sister's details.

BCOBS

Have you reported this to the Police? You might not have the Buyer's address - but PayPal have the Sister's details.

Thanks for the advise above -

I reported this to the police and they said i had to report it here actionfraud.police.uk and if it was a matter for them they would be contacted.

Cheers

Hmm, not particularly helpful response from the police was it ?

BCOBS

a note for all reader: never EVER accept Paypal for items that are collected in person, you have no protection whatsoever. Sorry for this poster they have done what they can to bring the crook to book but experience tells me that actionfraud will do nothing

I was in similar situation with you, received two "solicitors" letters on last June and July, and two debt warning letters earlier. L have sent a reply letter on 09.07.2013 including action fraud reference as suggested by CitizenB. Thanks to him and everyone here, I have not received any more letter from them.

Of course I am not using my Paypal account for the last 5-6 months and I will never use it again.

Best wishes..

Selsipahi

We are seeing quite a few PayPal/Ebay issues on CAG at the moment. As of yet, we have not seen PP or Ebay issue a claim against anyone.

BCOBS