help!! Finance U Ltd Car Repossessions by Bill of sales

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have had no end of nonsense with Finance U in the last couple of weeks.

I was in between jobs from end of Jan until end of March.

I contacted all my creditors in writing, explained the situation, and made goodwill payments to them before arranging a revised repayment for when I was earning again.

EVERYONE replied positively except Finance U who didnt respond at all.

They came and took one of our cars last week (we have two but it was not in the area)

I went into the Royal Courts of Justice last week and found out that the Bill of sale was not registered in time, nor signed by someone independent of Finance U.

I have called Humphries in excess of 20 times. Left countless messages and sent faxes and emails.

Absolutely nothing in return.

Any advice - I still have the other car.

• 1 month later...

Advice is not given by PM HK ...start your own thread on the matter.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

OK - I will try(!) to keep it brief.

1. Had two vehicles with CPG and Finance U Ltd. Lost my job in February and contacted them to arrange a temporary repayment schedule for 1 month whilst in between jobs. I did this with all my creditors and all responded in some guise except for you know who.

2. Two Bills of Sale are in place for the vehicles - in two separate names.

3. CPG henchmen arrived at my house at 7am several weeks ago, and took one of the vehicles, adopting very unsavoury tactics to intimidate my wife into handing over the keys. I was away from home, and had the other vehicle.

4. Went to Royal Courts of Justice - both Bills of Sale appears invalid since they are not attested by an individual independent of both parties.

5. Have been in dialogue with Financial Ombudsman in preparing written communication with CPG and Mr H. Have sent 19 letters by recorded delivery with proposals for resolution. All have been ignored.

6. Remaining vehicle is locked in a garage unless in use behind a locked gate.

7. Final proposal with 2 week response deadline was sent in early June. Outlined that if no response was made that it would be viewed as acceptance of the proposal from CPG. No response obviously. Proposal stated that CPG keep the repossessed car and all finance is cleared, and that I keep the second car and all finance is cleared. :|

8. CPG made an HPI enquiry on my company car this week, in view to seizing it, if it was free of finance - it is a lease car so was not. Mr H does not think this is an inappropriate (or illegal) means of business.

9. Very aggressive voice mail left by Mr H yesterday, appears completely undetered by the involvement of the FO, Trading Standards and the police. Has said he will take the other vehicle as soon as he sees it.

I am

(a) Fed up of this.

(b) Bored of this.

© In need of a few ideas to close this out.

own thread created here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are you saying the BOS is faulty?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then they have acted unlawfully.

time to get the car back and all you payments.

have a look in the bill of sale forum here

and

and they

Postggj - Yes I agree with you on that point. However, the person who signed the BOS' is not an agent of the grantee, they are a director.

dx100uk - I would love to be able to do this. However, they simply do not engage with me or the Financial Ombudsman and just trawl on regardless. Is there a process I can instigate to force their hand in terms of the car and the payments?

The Bill of Sales Act 1878 and the Bill of Sales (Amended) Act 1882 are the relevant Acts to protect consumers and advise what a lender must do in order to rely on the Acts for protection - In most instances it is what the Lender does not do, or actions that the lender takes against you that the Law shows that they cannot do; that assists consumers overcome bad practices by some lenders and can work to protect consumers from unlawful possession of your motor vehicle.

GUIDANCE:

step 1: request the High Court Stamp Reference No. from the lender if you do not already know it.

step 2: write off to the High Court of Justice as shown below:

Your Name

Your Address

Post Code

Date

enforcement officerlink3.giflink3.gif

Royal Court of Justice

Room E17

The Strand

London

WC2A 2LL

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: Bill of Sale - Ref No: XXXXXXX

With reference to the above, I write to request a true copy of the registered Bill of Sale; details of which are below:

Debtors Name & Address:

(Input your name and address)

Lenders Name & Address:

(Input Lenders name and address)

Bill of Sale Ref No:

(Input the known reference number of the Bill of Sale - if you don't have it you will have to send a payment in the sum of £40 with this letter - if you know it, then you only have to send a payment of £5.00)

It is common knowledge that a Bill of Sale can be lodged with you and be done so as an 'out of time' registration; with this in mind, can you confirm whether the said Bill of Sale in this matter has been registered out of time; and if it has been, would you kindly advise if there has been any application made to rectify the registration.

I look forward to your early reply and enclose the sum of £xx.00 as necessary.

Yours sincerely

(sign your letter)

XXXXXXXX

NB: Post it recorded delivery and keep copy of your letter and copy of recorded delivery slip on file.

Step 3. Once you get the reply - if they confirm it is registered out of time and can confirm that no application to rectify has been made - then proceed to step 4.

Step 4. Check the Bill of Sale Acts of 1878 & 1882 - you will be looking for any sections within your copy of the Bill of Sale that does not comply with these Acts - note any variances or anything that does not comply. (the more you can find - the more chance you have of securing an order to throw it out)

Step 5. get in touch with a solicitor and instruct them to file for a declaration that the Bill of Sale is void/uneforceable.

The effect of these measures is that once a court declares the Bill of Sale void - then the 'security is void' - this means they cannot seizelink3.giflink3.gif the vehicle.

Interestingly - it could also mean that your credit agreement is also unenforceable - this will depend on the terms and conditionslink3.gif within it and those found in your Bill of Sale.

You will only have to submit a payment in the sum of £5.00 (as at Nov 2010). If you cannot supply all of the detail above; you may have to pay as much as £40.00.

If you have a copy of you Bill of Sale on record; then the reference number will be shown on there - it will not be the same number as the lenders loan reference number - it may look something like: '0067910'

thanks to applecart

Yes, doing that right now. Also it is in a locked garage at the end of a drive with a locked 5 bar gate at the end.

Any experience of people like this breaking into this also, despite it being illegal?

yes

The BOS does not give them any right under common law to enter your property and remover articles without a return of goods order by the court

Even a certificated bailiff cant do that if the garage is not detached from the house, i believe even if the garage is separate, if kept locked, they cant break inn, but that part needs to be confirmed

A vehicle on the public highway is a different matter

• 2 months later...

nowayjose, I have sent you a private message.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D