On JSA but coming down ill

DeeDee90
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so I have been on JSA since January this year. However I am due to sign however I have come down with a awful stomach bug and have been vomiting for the last few hours and I know for a fact I wont make it to my appt. My voice has gone because I have been throwing up too much and I can barely speak. I've never missed an apt nor have I had any problems so whats the procedure now. I don't want to attend and end up being sick, plus ive become quite weak and have been sleeping constantly for a whole day.

I may even get my mother to phone in because I just can't talk at the moment so hopefully they can relay the info to her and my mother to me so I know what I have to do nxt but can anyone give me a heads up? Will I get my payment later? And can I just call my local office instead of going through the main one which sometimes takes about 45mins to get an answer.

If you cant attend you need to get a form from the job centre, And put it all down on that and hand it back in.

That's what had to do when I was sick. I got my mum to pick one up and she filled it in and took back next day. I got paid as normal.

I know its a tory government but they cant stop your money just for being sick.

So you don't have to call? Can my mum go down and pick one up just like that? Whats the form called?

Also I thought you had to call and the form would be sent out. If my mum goes down to get the form what questions will they ask as my mum isn't clued up on this kinda thing. Whats the correct procedure on this? Do I call or get the form on the day....? And usually how many days is the payment delayed?

when my daughter was ill a few months back she rang herself the day before the appointment and told them she was ill, she had been to the doctor and got medication but she didn't get a sick note and didn't need one. I am not sure but I think they will expect you to ring yourself as I don't think they will discuss anything with anyone else, but I may be wrong. They sent my daughter a form out and she filled it in and returned it by post. My daughters money wasn't delayed at all.

I believe they can send you a form in the post and you can self sign yourself off sick for up to 14 days, without a doctors note. There is no reasons someone else could not phone your JCP to advise of this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

if you are too ill to use the phone then there is no choice and I guess they have to accept it, send out the form etc. hope it goes well.

Well i will give my mum all the info she needs. Im on the sofa atm and feeling weak. I can't see why they can't accept a call from a parent.

Bit of a stretch...but can they still sign you and get your signature the next time you go in, thats if you speak to your local office where i sign as opposed to the main.

The form needed is JSA28 to declare a temporary period of sickness.

You can either call the office to have one posted or someone can collect one on your behalf.

Payment cannot be released until the form has been received and processed.

You can declare a maximum of 2 period of sickness in a 12 month period and each period can be a maximum of 14 days.

So on the day i am due to sign on which is nearing rather then call a parent can collect the form for me? But when im not there to sign what happens? So there is no need to call, my dad could collect the form on the day? I thought if you didnt turn up on the sign on day it gets shut down there and then