FPC initial debt collecting letter help needed!

SM001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter from FPC stating they have made enquiries for the confirmation of my current address and to contact them immediately.

Pretty scary when you first read it!

I can only imagine it is from an old network provider that I changed from two years ago

because they changed my contract without my permission or any notification thus running up a bill of a few hundred pounds.

As a student at this time I had no where near that kind of money to pay out,

so canceled the contract and never received anything from the network provider since.

Not sure what my rights are,

if I ignore this will it go away as they don't have any legal right to take money from me?

I'm more concerned that due to the fact the network provider never contacted me via post with a final bill

or warnings of payments due that I will have a ridiculous debt to settle as its been two years!

From what I've seen online its best not to ring them whatsoever as they have to prove I owe a debt not me having to prove to them that I don't?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Certainly NEVER EVER ring them. deal with them in writing ONLY!

Is this an old Vodafone debt?

If so the Lee from Voda will be able to help you with this.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

is this debt on your cra file>

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Write back and congratulate them for their hard work and enquiries for finding your address and say you will now write to the Queen to nominate them for an OBE.

Edit: Use their own envelope and RTS. Saves on postage too :)

Hi SM001,

In the event that this matter does relate to a Vodafone account you're welcome to email me, as suggested by Bazooka Boo, with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK