Station Parade Barking - Legality of Signage?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I have an appeal this week against a PCN for turning into a road that shortly after the turn in, becomes 'no motor vehicles'. It's extremely badly signposted - this has got over 80,000 other motorists done by it over a 2 year period (FOI Request - the numbers are staggering) and it's really because it's unclear until you actually enter the road, that you have an issue!

My question is - there seems to be only one sign saying no entry for motorists, quite a distance before the end of the road, with nothing further at the top of the road, telling you not to turn in. So if you miss that - for instance a bus blocking your vision, or other, you will have no idea it's non motor access. 

What are the minimum number of signs required for something like this, and does there have to be a sign immediately before the illegal turn? 

I have a video by the council showing the route taken - you can see the sign way before you actually get to the offending corner - and it's a rather complicated sign too. I've attached it - showing where the sign is in relation to the turn - it's just under half a mile away.

Any advice would be grateful - for me and clearly thousands of others being affected! It's nearly 100 a week!

Thanks.

Barking Appeal.pdf

Hi JC,

I've tried our friend Google...

It looks like you've got some reading to do!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Ha, yes - there is an absolute minefield of legislation, I started reading and disecting it all - but thought maybe there was a boffin here who'd know :)

Also - doesnt clearly say anything about how many signs are needed, nor the distance before a sign is required. That's the key element here. 

Thanks!