AwayHolidays / Southall travel issue, plz help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guysAfter doing some research I have found awayholidays is the same as southall travel Basically I received my invoice in the post (deposit paid) for a holiday with the above travel agent. I was told at the time it was a one off deal so they could only send me confirmation if I put down a deposit, which I did.I have now received the invoice in the post (finally after 2 weeks) and there is an issue where by the stay is full board rather than All Inclusive which is not what I agreed to.The worst part is, I have called the agent that sold me the package and they were no help at all.He told me he didn't say anything of the sort and that if I want he can cancel the package and ill lose my deposit. Upon advising him that I would not like to cancel but rather speak to his manager, he started shouting loudly and then d/c the phone.Would anyone be able to advise what I can do? I have paid the deposit (thankfully) via credit card so would I be able to ring the credit card company and ask for a refund?Any help appreciated.

section 75 comes to mind reclaim o cards? others I am sure will advise.

Thanks for your reply, so if they don't bother sorting this out I can ring my bank and get it refunded?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear of your experience. I would say no matter how lucrative the offer is one should insist on an email confirmation before paying a deposit. I m sorry but you are not completely without the blame. But surprisingly, I have booked with southall a number of times and dont remember even a single occasion when they didnt send me a confirmation email. They do not book without receiving a written approval from the clients. sheer bad luck for you. Try to call them up and my experience says they are likely to resolve it (if you havent already got it sorted). Good luck.