• Tweets

• S13 (2)The creditor may not exercise the right under paragraph 4 to recover from the keeper any unpaid parking charges specified in the notice to keeper if, within the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which that notice was given, the creditor is given— (a)a statement signed by or on behalf of the vehicle-hire firm to the effect that at the material time the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement; (b)a copy of the hire agreement; and (c)a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement. As  Arval has complied with the above they cannot be pursued by EC----- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- S14 [1]   the creditor may recover those charges (so far as they remain unpaid) from the hirer. (2)The conditions are that— (a)the creditor has within the relevant period given the hirer a notice in accordance with sub-paragraph (5) (a “notice to hirer”), together with a copy of the documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2) and the notice to keeper; (b)a period of 21 days beginning with the day on which the notice to hirer was given has elapsed;  As ECP did not send copies of the documents to your company and they have given 28 days instead of 21 days they have failed to comply with  the Act so you and your Company are absolved from paying. That is not to say that they won't continue asking to be paid as they do not have the faintest idea how PoFA works. 
    • Euro have got a lot wrong and have failed to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.  According to Section 13 after ECP have written to Arval they should then send a NTH to the Hirer  which they have done.This eliminates Arval from any further pursuit by ECP. When they wrote to your company they should have sent copies of everything that they asked Arval for. This is to prove that your company agree what happened on the day of the breach. If ECP then comply with the Act they are allowed to pursue the hirer. If they fail, to comply they cannot make the hirer pay. They can pursue until they are blue in the face but the Hirer is not lawfully required to pay them and if it went to Court ECP would lose. Your company could say who was driving but the only person that can be pursued is the Hirer, there does not appear to be an extension for a driver to be pursued. Even if there was, because ECP have failed miserably to comply with the Act  they still have no chance of winning in Court. Here are the relevant Hire sections from the Act below.
    • Thank-you FTMDave for your feedback. May I take this opportunity to say that after reading numerous threads to which you are a contributor, I have great admiration for you. You really do go above and beyond in your efforts to help other people. The time you put in to help, in particular with witness statements is incredible. I am also impressed by the way in which you will defer to others with more experience should there be a particular point that you are not 100% clear on and return with answers or advice that you have sought. I wish I had the ability to help others as you do. There is another forum expert that I must also thank for his time and patience answering my questions and allowing me to come to a “penny drops” moment on one particular issue. I believe he has helped me immensely to understand and to strengthen my own case. I shall not mention who it is here at the moment just in case he would rather I didn't but I greatly appreciate the time he took working through that issue with me. I spent 20+ years of working in an industry that rules and regulations had to be strictly adhered to, indeed, exams had to be taken in order that one had to become qualified in those rules and regulations in order to carry out the duties of the post. In a way, such things as PoFA 2012 are rules and regulations that are not completely alien to me. It has been very enjoyable for me to learn these regulations and the law surrounding them. I wish I had found this forum years ago. I admit that perhaps I had been too keen to express my opinions given that I am still in the learning process. After a suitable period in this industry I became Qualified to teach the rules and regulations and I always said to those I taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. If opinions, theories and observations are put forward, discussion can take place and as long as the result is that the student is able to clearly see where they went wrong and got to that moment where the penny drops then that is a valuable learning experience. No matter how experienced one is, there is always something to learn and if I did not know the answer to a question, I would say, I don't know the answer to that question but I will go and find out what the answer is. In any posts I have made, I have stated, “unless I am wrong” or “as far as I can see” awaiting a response telling me what I got wrong, if it was wrong. If I am wrong I am only too happy to admit it and take it as a valuable learning experience. I take the point that perhaps I should not post on other peoples threads and I shall refrain from doing so going forward. 🤐 As alluded to, circumstances can change, FTMDave made the following point that it had been boasted that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing .... but now they have. I too used the word "seemed" because it is true, we haven't had all the details. After perusing this forum I believe certain advice changed here after the Beavis case, I could be wrong but that is what I seem to remember reading. Could it be that after winning the above case in question, a claimant could refer back to this case and claim that a defendant had not made use of the appeal process, therefore allowing the claimant to win? Again, in this instance only, I do not know what is to be gained by not making an appeal or concealing the identity of the driver, especially if it is later admitted that the defendant was the driver and was the one to input the incorrect VRN in error. So far no one has educated me as to the reason why. But, of course, when making an appeal, it should be worded carefully so that an error in the appeal process cannot be referred back to. I thought long and hard about whether or not to post here but I wanted to bring up this point for discussion. Yes, I admit I have limited knowledge, but does that mean I should have kept silent? After I posted that I moved away from this forum slightly to find other avenues to increase my knowledge. I bought a law book and am now following certain lawyers on Youtube in the hope of arming myself with enough ammunition to use in my own case. In one video titled “7 Reasons You Will LOSE Your Court Case (and how to avoid them)” by Black Belt Barrister I believe he makes my point by saying the following, and I quote: “If you ignore the complaint in the first instance and it does eventually end up in court then it's going to look bad that you didn't co-operate in the first place. The court is not going to look kindly on you simply ignoring the company and not, let's say, availing yourself of any kind of appeal opportunities, particularly if we are talking about parking charge notices and things like that.” This point makes me think that, it is not such a bizarre judgement in the end. Only in the case of having proof of payment and inputting an incorrect VRN .... could it be worthwhile making a carefully worded appeal in the first instance? .... If the appeal fails, depending on the reason, surely this could only help if it went to court? As always, any feedback gratefully received.
    • To which official body does one make a formal complaint about a LPA fixed charge receiver? Does one make a complaint first to the company employing the appointed individuals?    Or can one complain immediately to an official body, such as nara?    I've tried researching but there doesn't seem a very clear route on how to legally hold them to account for wrongful behaviour.  It seems frustratingly complicated because they are considered to be officers of the court and held in high esteem - and the borrower is deemed liable for their actions.  Yet what does the borrower do when disclosure shows clear evidence of wrong-doing? Does anyone have any pointers please?
    • Steam is still needed in many industries, but much of it is still made with fossil fuels.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

OH's Barclaycard debt sold to MKDP

Yorky55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you the shadow - for your further clarification cheers angel x:D

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

write a letter to the complaints dept of Barclay. stating again that you are unhappy with their actions and want your money refunded & that taking £699 is a joke.

you p'haps need to exhaust the barclays complaint proceedure then i would contact the FOS or do it now and see what they say.

you also need to SAR barclays and get all the statements for the bank A/C and the CC.

then reclaim the bank charges under hardship rules & reclaim all the CC charges & p'haps mis-sold PPI?

FYI: whatever barclays says, a DCA CANNOT add charges nor interest, i think you are getting the run around.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX100

everything is getting on top, as partner has had open heart surgery in april 2009 and is recovering, this is who I am fighting this problem.

I have a letter drafted - headed Formal complaint, will send it to recovery dept liverpool, I guess.

they havnt replied to my last letter requesting the full £699 back nad explaining that partner has had pen heart surgery and isnt well enough at present.

They put £275 into his a/c only. I had him take it out and put into another a/c.

content of my letter includes, extracts and quotes that highlight ;

Priority debts being rent and non priority being card debt.

also £16 per month i said is all he can afford to NCO

why the balance jumped from £6200 in april 2009 to £6600 now

he has no writen or otherwise statement, payments or balance? dont even get a reciept for the payments I have just paid him?

also I will highlight aspects of the banking code in relation to this complaint

finaly I said if I didnt get a reply/ the rest of the £699 they took wihtin

10 days I will complain to the FOS

not sure what else I can do

PS £10 & £1 payments for CCA and the other one, who is the chq or postal order made payable to, or do I leave it blank

many thanks

will keep you posted in case I can be of help to anyone?

PS well PPS- I have kept all dates, copies notes of telephone calls and letters etc over the last 18 months concerning Barclaycard & NCO & RMA and previous DCA

Leter replies from Barclaycard = 0

Recovery Department

Barclaycard House

Norwich Way

Liverpool

L32 8UY

Ref; Data Protection Act 1988 - Subject Access Request

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0000000000000

I would be most grateful if you would please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note, in addition to this, that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00, which is not to be used for any other reason than the Fee required as described as the Statutory maximum for this request.. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

I have put my full address, a/c no etc on the letter

I want to post today If I can

many thnaks

Recovery Department

Barclaycard House

Norwich Way

Liverpool

L32 8UY

Ref; Data Protection Act 1988 - Subject Access Request

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0000000000000

I would be most grateful if you would please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note, in addition to this, that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00, which is not to be used for any other reason than the Fee required as described as the Statutory maximum for this request.. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

I have put my full address, a/c no etc on the letter

I want to post today If I can

many thnaks

Have NCO sent a statement of account?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATEMENTS TO BE PROVIDED IN RELATION TO REGULATED AGREEMENTS

Section 6: Statements to be provided in relation to fixed-sum credit agreements

23 Section 6 inserts a new section 77A after section 77 of the 1974 Act. Section 77A will require creditors in regulated fixed-sum credit agreements to provide debtors with annual statements in the specified form, the first of which is required within one year of the day after the date on which the agreement was made.

24. If a creditor does not give the debtor an annual statement when required to do so, then he is not entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of his non-compliance and the debtor is not liable to pay any interest during this period. The debtor is also not liable to pay any default sum (see note in respect of section 18 below) that would have become payable during the period of non-compliance or would have become payable after the end of that period in connection with a breach of the agreement occurring during that period. A creditor will not be required to give the debtor an annual statement if there are no further sums payable under the agreement.

Section 7: Further provision relating to statements

25. Section 7 inserts a new section 78(4A) after section 78(4) of the 1974 Act. Section 78(4) of the 1974 Act requires creditors to issue statements to debtors setting out specified information in respect of running account credit agreements at intervals of not more than 12 months. Regulations made by the Secretary of State under the new section 78(4A) may require creditors to include specified information about the consequence of failing to make repayments, or only making minimum repayments, in statements issued under section 78(4) of the 1974 Act. The new subsection (3) makes provision for the giving of statements under sections 77A (inserted by section 6 of the 2006 Act) and 78(4) of the 1974 Act where there is more than one debtor to whom credit is provided. If there are two or more debtors, a debtor may provide a dispensing notice to the creditor so as to mean that the creditor is not obliged to provide a statement to that debtor. However, dispensing notices will not be effective if that would mean that no debtor will receive a statement under section 77A or 78.

DEFAULT UNDER REGULATED AGREEMENTS

Section 8: OFT to prepare information sheets on arrears and default

26. Section 8 inserts a new section 86A at the beginning of Part 7 of the 1974 Act. Section 86A requires OFT to prepare and publish information sheets for debtors and hirers about arrears and default. A creditor or owner must give a debtor or hirer an arrears information sheet at the same time as a notice of sums in arrears in accordance with new sections 86B and 86C inserted by sections 9 and 10 (see below) and a default information sheet at the same time as a default notice (in accordance with section 87 of the 1974 Act).

27. The information sheets will set out information to help debtors and hirers who are in arrears or default (e.g. information about the legal consequences of the debtor's or hirer's general situation, debt management options and the contact details of advice providers).

Section 9: Notice of sums in arrears under fixed-sum credit agreements etc.

28. Section 9 inserts a new section 86B after the new section 86A (inserted into the 1974 Act by section . Section 86B provides that creditors and owners must give to debtors and hirers notices of sums in arrears in respect of regulated agreements that are fixed sum credit agreements or hire agreements. A creditor or owner must give a notice in the specified form, including an arrears information sheet, to a debtor or hirer 14 days after a point in time where:

the debtor or hirer is required to have made two (in the case of agreements with a repayment interval of more than one week) or four (in the case of agreements with a repayment interval of one week or less) payments under the agreement before that time;

the total sum that has been paid by the debtor or hirer under the agreement up to that time is less than the amount that he is required to have paid at that time;

the amount of the debtor's or hirer's shortfall is no less than the total of the last two (in the case of agreements with a repayment interval of more than one week) or four (in the case of agreements with a repayment interval of one week or less) payments required to have been paid under the agreement before that time subject as set out below;

the creditor or owner is not already required to provide the debtor or hirer with a notice of sums in arrears in relation to that agreement; and

there is no sum payable by the debtor or hirer under a judgment given before that time in relation to the credit or hire agreement.

Thereafter the creditor or owner will be required to give to the debtor or hirer a notice of sums in arrears at intervals of six months until he ceases to be in arrears and has paid all sums of interest or default sums that are payable in relation to his arrears, or a judgment is made in relation to the sums payable under that agreement.

29. In the case of agreements with repayment intervals of one week or less made more than 20 weeks before the day on which the debtor or hirer is required to have made the most recent payment under the agreement, the amount of the debtor's or hirer's shortfall is calculated on the basis only of payments missed in the period of 20 weeks ending with that day.

Section 10: Notice of sums in arrears under running-account credit agreements

30. Section 10 inserts a new section 86C after the new section 86B inserted into the 1974 Act by section 9 of the 2006 Act. Section 86C requires that a creditor must give to the debtor notices of sums in arrears in respect of regulated agreements that are running account agreements. A creditor must give to a debtor a notice in the specified form, including an arrears information sheet after a point in time where:

the debtor should have made at least two repayments before that time;

the last two payments required before that time have not been made;

the creditor has not already been required to provide the debtor with a notice of sums in arrears in relation to either of those payments; and

there is no sum payable by the debtor under a judgment given before the time in relation to the credit agreement.

31. The creditor must give the notice at a time no later than the time that he is required to give the debtor the next regular statement due under section 78(4) of the 1974 Act.

Section 11: Failure to give notice of sums in arrears

32. Section 11 inserts a new section 86D after the new section 86C (inserted into the 1974 Act by section 10). Section 86D sets out the consequences for a creditor or owner if he fails to give a notice as required by sections 86B or 86C. If the creditor or owner fails to provide a notice of sums in arrears when required to do so, then during the period of his failure to provide the notice (i.e. from the date that it was required to be given until the end of the day on which it is eventually provided), he is not entitled to enforce the agreement. In addition, the debtor or hirer is not liable to pay any interest that relates to the period of the creditor or owner's failure, nor is the debtor or hirer liable to pay any default sum (see the notes in respect of section 18 below) which becomes payable during that period.

Section 12: Notice of default sums

33. Section 12 inserts a new section 86E after the new section 86D (inserted into the 1974 Act by section 11). Section 86E applies to situations where a debtor or hirer under a regulated agreement incurs a default sum (as defined by section 1. A creditor or owner must give the debtor or hirer a notice in the specified form when a default sum becomes payable as a consequence of a breach of the agreement. The Secretary of State has the power to provide that this only applies where the default sum exceeds a specified amount.

34. A creditor or owner may only require a debtor or hirer to pay interest in connection with a default sum 28 days after the day the notice was given to the debtor or hirer. If the creditor or owner fails to give a notice to the debtor or hirer then he is not entitled to enforce the agreement until he gives the notice to the debtor or hirer.

Section 13: Interest on default sums

35. Section 13 inserts a new section 86F after the new section 86E (inserted into the 1974 Act by section 12). Section 86F provides that a creditor or owner may only require simple interest to be paid in respect of default sums (see notes in respect of section 18 below) payable by the debtor or hirer, including sums payable under non-commercial or small agreements (see definitions in section 189(1) of the 1974 Act).

Hy

wow Angry Cat, thanks for reply with info, not sure what Ill do with it, I will print it off so I can read.

The debt is a Barclaycard Debt - not a fixed loan type?

also, over 18 months or more, there has been no statement of balance or interest or any recieved payments other than a letter from NCO April saying £6200 is owed, pay up or else type, I again contacte dthem to say that the £16 per month had been agreed and payments made, then in Sept this year a letter saying, £6,600 was owed and Barclaycard had added interest on this a/c from april 2009

I CSA sent to NCO and a RSA sent to Narclaycard with appropriate fees enclosed

is this any more help

I have only just seen your thread. They have done the same to me three times this year and have always refunded immediately I have said "FOS". Call the FOS now and they will give you a reference number and the number to call for Barclaycard complaints.

The FOS are quite clear that you must be able to pay your priority debts and they can only offset against disposable income.

You do not have to pay your bills by direct debit or standing order just to make it easier for them to assess your outgoings. FOS are clear on that too.

To take the rent money is despicable and they will have to give it back.

Good luck with this.

DD

Hy

I received a letter today dated 22nd Oct from NCO - Collections manager

they state;...." We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence received on 22nd October 2009, requesting.....copy of your credit agreement......."I sent a letter with a £1 postal order - crossed with no name? I have the slip of the PO and copy of letter? 

They say;"...................we have not received a fee of £1.00.............."In other words I have to send another £1.00 with another letter.

They received the letter it was recorded, the postal order was put inside with letter, how can they say they don't have po. What do I do, can I call the police to say that someone at NCO has taken the PO or do I send another PO who is the Po made out to as I left the name blank?

Help please

PGH,

They've posted same thing on their own thread, might struggle to get a reply, this being 3 years old.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Seems like they are taking a leaf out of MBNA's book.

On two occasions they had 'not received' payment, although they had the letters), one for a CCA, 2nd for a SAR.

They sent the CCA anyway after I jumped up and down, in the end I sent another cheque for the SAR.

I am pretty sure this is just a delaying tactic from them as neither of the original cheques have ever been cashed.

David

If it hasnt been cashed, what do I do: It was sent, as they recieved the letter, do I send another one? as there is no name on it, how is it secure? Do I still get the 14 days or do I have to send another letter for another 14 days?

many thnaks

If they lost your PO it's their problem, not yours

Agree, think they are just playing silly burgers.

By the way, if they give you serious hassle, make a formal complaint to them and ask for a copy of their complaints policy. I did when they started on me and found they packed it in preety sharpish.

David

but IMO don't get too carried away with the emotion of it all

send another postal order with the company name on it and crossed, STAPLED to a copy of the original letter- send it recorded delivery if you like but proof of posting will be OK then re count the 14 days from the date you post it- you have plenty of time- don't let them get to you

BTW make sure you keep ALL envelopes they send and staple them to the backs of the letters and keep them all- however insignificant.

to lay a bogey to rest- a court presented with a proof of posting slip - will usually pay little heed to "i never received it" pleas (from either side) - he's heard it all a million times before.- and the judge will not be bothered in the slightest as to whether it was cashed or not- he knows full well that one pound is cock

VERY FEW letters go missing in the post - of the many thousands that get lost almost AL of them were incorrectly addressed

thousand out of BILLIONS posted each year really is a drawing pin on the moon

sounds like stalling tactic

BTW: it does'nt stop the clock

if its been 12+2 days they have defaulted and the loan is now indispute

you can legally stop payments too!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hy I just rang the 01246 542 500 nomber regarding missing PO

They said I have to wait 15 days before they class it as missing-it isnt cashed at present?

NCO states in the letter they recieved by Recorded delivery That I didnt send PO,

Postal Order department says i would have to claim the PO which would cost me more for £1?

Should I send another Postal Order to NCO, it was crossed but no name

Or should I tell NCO that I still have my 14 days for them to comply with my request, anyone help asap please as the 14 days will run out soon

thanks

PS I will send letter to NCO and state that they have lost my PO or report to police as theft?

NCO said they have my CRA request letter but I didnt enclose payment of £1, I did a PO of which I kept the reciept, I contacted the PO Office, very useful telephone number, It hasnt been cashed, its not considered lost till 15 days?

It was crossed but I didnt put a name on it, Do I leave it blank or put NCO name on PO, also how do I insist that they honour the 14 days.

I will send a letter to NCO and re afirm my initial request and also to ask them why the PO is missing, also I will sugest I report it to police as possible theft on NCO part, as there are two peopl, one who is the Post Office Clerk who saw me put the PO in with letter and sealed it. Then it was recorded delivery.

14 days is ticking away, what do I do please?

blank po is fine.

just wait

dx

and they

Hy

i have spent some time with the Postal Order department, they cant realy help? dont class it missing untill 15 days and would cost me more to claim a refund?

I spoke to Royal Mail the recorded letter sent to NCO on 20/10/09 shows as progressing through system no signature? However NCO has recieved it because they replied to it and said I hadnt enclosed the £1 PO, Royal Mail said I have to fill out a P58 form?????

so, where does that leave me?

Do I send another letter, saying that I had already sent £1 PO, you lost it or as I know I sent it, say to NCO Ill asume it was stolen and contact the police that I think someone took it at NCO? and 14 days are up on the 5th Novemebr and they havnt sent me the CRA stuff they are suposed to and enter it as formal dispute???????

OR

Do I send, as above, but enclose another £1 PO and start again with another 14 days

Also I have a £10 PO for Barclays for RSA, will I have same problems, what is the best way to avoid this situation

many thanks

pulling my hair out and frothing at the mouth??? I need a bottle of valium?

If you stop paying barclaycard will take the money from your account most likely

Because bc took money from your account, I think that the DCA is acting as agent for BC and they haven't sold the account on. It must be barclaycard that is adding interest unless the DCA is hoping to make a tidy profit on money that it doesn't own.

I would write to the DCA and ask if they own the account or if they are collecting on behalf of Barclays and who is charging the interest.

For the CCA PO, tell them that you sent PO no xxxxxxxxxx with your request and that if they have mislaid it then you will co-operate with them to help them reclaim the money, meanwhile you expect to receive the documents within the statutory timescale, commencing 2 days after you sent the request

So what your saying is they received your Recorded Delivery letter (Do you have a signature) but there was no Postal Order enclosed (seems strange when you have the receipt for P.O. which can be traced.

I think they are at it....

"Postal Order department says i would have to claim the PO which would cost me more for £1?"

I wasn't aware Post Office charged for Postal Orders claims did they say how much ?