work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Government 'should pay charities to take on volunteers through Help to Work'

Sir Stephen Bubb, head of the charity chief executives body Acevo, has said the government must provide for charities if it expects them to provide places through the new Help to Work scheme. http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/news/1214356/

It did not take the charities long to spot a nice little earner did it?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing 2 years at Ingeus and their sub [pejorative term removed, please don't use it] I have been sent for a 4 weeks Warehouse / Forklift course, which finishes in a week, most non

Car drivers have failed the FLT tests after an hour practice like myself. Meanwhile I been accepted for a part time BTEC 2 College course but will

Need to get the college paperwork stamped by JCP staff. This is starting to worry me, even though the course is under 16 hours as required to

Still get JSA. Could they refuse to allow me to go on this course, even though I'm getting off my backside and improving my prospects of employment?

Does anyone know if I have any rights of appeal if they refuse to sign the college form?

Apologies if posted in wrong thread, please move to relevant section. Cheers

Edited by honeybee13

The jobcentre refers you to the MWA provider and then the rest is up to the provider. You are given no choice in what they put you on. The providers are pretty much the same as the WP providers and the call will have been from one of those.

you are exactly right as thats whats happened. was refered yesterday and they contacted me today. not a clue where im going untill i get a letter early next week.

The jobcentre refers you to the MWA provider and then the rest is up to the provider. You are given no choice in what they put you on. The providers are pretty much the same as the WP providers and the call will have been from one of those.

I am getting the impression that it's my choice out of a few placements within the areas of work that I am looking at

I didn't want to be tied to the jobcentre let alone a provider

Especially not Seetec as there's only Ingeus and Seetec locally

Government 'should pay charities to take on volunteers through Help to Work'

Sir Stephen Bubb, head of the charity chief executives body Acevo, has said the government must provide for charities if it expects them to provide places through the new Help to Work scheme. http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/news/1214356/

It did not take the charities long to spot a nice little earner did it?

No

but as charities already deal with people who didn't want to be there it's a bit too late to suddenly be concerned now

just had a call from whichever co is dealing with my mandatory workplace. aske loads of questions and said i should receive letter early next week to say where the placement will be. i just hope its something constructive . been told it must be of some benefit to the local comunity. anyone been on one of the latest mwa yet and where were you put ?

Friend of mine was sent to a cafe to wipe tables and wash up i kid you not!

Given that such a demanding job could have been accommodated by an existing employee, or by someone recruited from the open market,

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-part-p.pdf

Section

3.13 It is not necessary (although it’s desirable wherever possible) for the placement to be in the same sector or type of work as the claimant’s job goal, as MWA is designed to help the claimant develop disciplines associated with employment. Claimants cannot choose their placements.

3.15 Placements must be additional to any existing or expected vacancies. You must ensure that employers are not taking advantage of MWA as a source of labour at the expense of employing workers in the open labour market.

I suggest that your friend courteously advises the employer of these regulations, that they will be instigating a claim in the Industrial Tribunal for back pay (dated to commencement of the placement), and that they will be reporting the Welfare To Work Organisation and Employer to HMRC for Tax Fraud. As highlighted in the Provider Guidance, the Placement should be reasonably close to the Job Goals specified within the Job Seekers Agreement.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tax-evasion/hotline.htm

• Confused 1

I couldn't wipe tables as that would set my neck problems off, I am filling in the ATOS form today (using the descriptors) and hope to get some points... luckily the assessment centre is a a short walk from my house, I often see the poor people being wheeled into there (it is the same building they do kidney dialysis - an outreach clinic service rather than people have to go to hospital),

The work programme should SOLELY be for people who have NEVER worked, (as I keep saying) and leave the people with 30+ years work experience alone.

:!:

I did this to get my confidence back after not working for a long time as I was raising my child, I did voluntary work in a community café (charity based) I worked 18 hours a week unpaid even though the JC said I could only do 12 a week as that was the law (laws must of changed?) I would do the extra hours to help out the people who ran the café, the JC were on my back the whole time to give it up as they said it got in the way of my job search, after a year and a half the JC said I really needed to quit as I needed to find paid work (fair enough) so they sent me on the WP...well we all know how well that turns out the most of us...:!:

Now they are wanting us to do unpaid work for our bit money, but not 12 hours a week we have to do 30 to 35, if 12 hours got in the way of finding work wonder how the 30 hours will help. they really have no clue do they.

Hey guys/gals after a bit of advice guidance, I have been mandated to attend a Finding and Getting a job module for two full days next week, the letter say's I must bring with me my UJA log in details along with details of the associated email address. The email address I use is the same one I use for my private emails, now I have been told in the past to change my email and have a separate one for jobs, but to be honest I would forget to check that one so I like to use the same one as I check my private one daily, So what I want to know is do I have to give out my email address to these people?

Thank you in advance for any help :-)

Hey guys/gals after a bit of advice guidance, I have been mandated to attend a Finding and Getting a job module for two full days next week, the letter say's I must bring with me my UJA log in details along with details of the associated email address. The email address I use is the same one I use for my private emails, now I have been told in the past to change my email and have a separate one for jobs, but to be honest I would forget to check that one so I like to use the same one as I check my private one daily, So what I want to know is do I have to give out my email address to these people?

Thank you in advance for any help :-)

I'm due to attend the "Finding and Getting a Job" module too next week, on Monday and Tuesday at my local A4e. Who was it who told you to bring you UJM login and email? Was it part of the appointment letter or was it something the advisor wrote in after? The reason I ask is there was no mention of needing to take any email or UJM details when I was referred to the module.

No excuse really, use an email client program such Mozilla Thunderbird and you can read emails from multiple email addresses in one place.... why make a mountain out of a molehill for yourself?

I use my main email address for jobs, and have a folder where I put all the emails relating to jobs I've applied for, and the acknowledgements and rejections when I get them. It makes life a lot easier.

I can also access this from my mobile phone and several times was able to prove I had already applied for the job they were trying to get me to apply for... made the adviser look a bit stupid with that! They tried to say it was a different job but when we logged in, lo and behold, I could not register for the vacancy as I had already done so.

I have been told in the past to change my email and have a separate one for jobs, but to be honest I would forget to check that one so I like to use the same one as I check my private one daily, So what I want to know is do I have to give out my email address to these people?

Under the Geneva Convention, you are only required to give your name, rank, and serial number. Various Freedom of Information requests have confirmed that you only need to provide your name, address, and National Insurance number. So no, you do not have to provide an email address (or phone number)... It goes without saying that if you do not have an email address, you won't have a UJ account, so just provide a hand written log of your job search activity in line with DWP guidance.

If you want a separate email address for job applications, you can create one on google and set it to automatically forward everything to another address - I have five or six "accounts" set up to do just this along with a number of throwaway addresses for spam/sca.m sites.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I'm due to attend the "Finding and Getting a Job" module too next week, on Monday and Tuesday at my local A4e. Who was it who told you to bring you UJM login and email? Was it part of the appointment letter or was it something the advisor wrote in after? The reason I ask is there was no mention of needing to take any email or UJM details when I was referred to the module.

Hiya SJM78,

it was in the letter I received from the place I have to go to who are doing the module, they were also nice enough to let me know even though I will be there from 9am until 4pm they will not be supplying lunch so to bring something with me.... think I would rather walk the streets during my lunch break.....:-)

Thank you for the advice Mr.P

Don't understand why they need it as from what I know about the module we are just going to be learning how to fill in job applications, how to do telephone interviews and how to dress and act in a interview...which of course me being 38 years of age I have no idea how to do those things.....:shock:

No excuse really, use an email client program such Mozilla Thunderbird and you can read emails from multiple email addresses in one place.... why make a mountain out of a molehill for yourself?

I use my main email address for jobs, and have a folder where I put all the emails relating to jobs I've applied for, and the acknowledgements and rejections when I get them. It makes life a lot easier.

Thank you for your help and advice,

I was just unsure why they needed it as the module I am doing is to learn how to fill in job applications and how to dress and act in job interviews, no mention of doing a job search while I am there,

My god I spent two years on the WP doing job searches haha

Thank you for your help and advice,

I was just unsure why they needed it as the module I am doing is to learn how to fill in job applications

Presumably it'll be filling in job apps on UJM. If you want the path of least resistance all you have to do is make a new UJM account with a throw-away email address and use that account just for this course.

I will be there from 9am until 4pm they will not be supplying lunch so to bring something with me.... think I would rather walk the streets during my lunch break.....:-)

When ever I did a full one/two/three day course with the local University, tea/coffee, biscuits, and lunch were all provided free of charge - Hell, even the council run courses that I have attended included a meal as have any business trips/presentations I've been on.

I'd suggest saying something along the lines of: If you are treating us as mature adults and attempting to instil work ethics, it is only reasonable to expect travel expenses and meals. If you want to treat us as children, then you can expect the same response as a five year old would give.

Now where did I leave my crayons......

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I will be there from 9am until 4pm they will not be supplying lunch so to bring something with me.... think I would rather walk the streets during my lunch break.....smile.gif

Take a nice Durian fruit with you, should clear the place when you cut it open.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

IDS has said on tackling unemployment Radio 4 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hvw0j that he will not guarantee fares to JCP for those that have to attend every day, he said that placements would be close to where claimants live which sounds like JCP won't be involved all the time but charities or the providers who may be closer to claimants will fill the void.

IDS has said on tackling unemployment Radio 4 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hvw0j that he will not guarantee fares to JCP for those that have to attend every day, he said that placements would be close to where claimants live which sounds like JCP won't be involved all the time but charities or the providers who may be closer to claimants will fill the void.

I live in a very rural area. One bus every hour, about 10 miles from the nearest JPC, Two bus rides to get there, I just hope the local farmer needs a hand spreading s***?

thank you for the advice mr.p

don't understand why they need it as from what i know about the module we are just going to be learning how to fill in job applications, how to do telephone interviews and how to dress and act in a interview...which of course me being 38 years of age i have no idea how to do those things.....:shock:

im 60 and they had me doing it twice in the last 6 months.

just got my mwa placement come through and its with the sally army shop in my local town start tuesday 9 till 5. i thought the placement should of been in my chosen work search area which in my case is flt driver, industrial painter or van driver. maybe im going to paint the place out and in between go out collecting in the white then and then unload said van with a flt. ah well only 4 weeks and back to the dear lod jcp as i cant see the sally army taking me on full time.