work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What good does daily signing do? if you're waiting for an hour, that's an hour gone for which you could be job hunting instead.

It seems to be an idea to anger people into quitting being on benefits only

It doesn't help

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What good does daily signing do? if you're waiting for an hour, that's an hour gone for which you could be job hunting instead.

The advisor i was with yesterday said, what the claimant has been doing for the 2 years at the WP is obviously not enough, they want to do an intensive job search with everyone for 14 days see what help they need if any to help propel them that much further. Its worth the hour or so taken out of your jobsearch daily according to them. If you was to ask me its more of the same except every day quick in and out they dont really have the time.

How can people afford to go and sign on every day?

You are entitled to every penny it costs to travel to a JCP office on a non regular signing on day. Get a day rider or your equivalent to get full value out of them.

Edited by martindn

How can people afford to go and sign on every day?

For me it would cost me £3.75 each day just to get into town on the bus!

So that would cost me £18.75 a week and £75 a month! :-x

it wont cost you a penny as you can claim it all back.

When I did my CV thingy there was a 'bright young thing' who suggested if you are applying for 40+ jobs a month and not getting anywhere there must be major flaws in your cv.

She could not find anything wrong with my cv and got annoyed with me because I actually put things covering the unemployment period which were true. She constantly tried to suggest that it was lack of qualifications that was stopping me from working and was knocked down each time when I produced said qualifications she said I lacked (Customer Services, NVQ Level 3 etc) The only qualification I didn't have was a degree.

When I did my CV thingy there was a 'bright young thing' who suggested if you are applying for 40+ jobs a month and not getting anywhere there must be major flaws in your cv.

She could not find anything wrong with my cv and got annoyed with me because I actually put things covering the unemployment period which were true. She constantly tried to suggest that it was lack of qualifications that was stopping me from working and was knocked down each time when I produced said qualifications she said I lacked (Customer Services, NVQ Level 3 etc) The only qualification I didn't have was a degree.

The poor thing clearly does not appreciate the jobs market or how to analyse the profile of candidates .... did the clerk that you were assigned to look as if (s)he was on an Unpaid Internship?

Perhaps if you see the clerk again, you could suggest that they go on a training course to acquire the skills and experience which would be required to become a Professional Careers Adviser.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

i was told today the main reason for no responses was because when they look at my cv i have no recent work done on it and some companies are looking for people who have worked in last 3 months.

i was told today the main reason for no responses was because when they look at my cv i have no recent work done on it and some companies are looking for people who have worked in last 3 months.

Did they tell you you need to do some forced labour placement?

You are entitled to every penny it costs to travel to a JCP office on a non regular signing on day. Get a day rider or your equivalent to get full value out of them.
If HM Gov make claimants attend every day then the rules may mean that every day becomes a regular signing on day which a claimant can't claim fares for, IDS was asked if JCP claimants could claim bus fares back under these circumstances, he remained non committal.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Perhaps if you see the clerk again, you could suggest that they go on a training course to acquire the skills and experience which would be required to become a Professional Careers Adviser.

I would LOVE to say this to my advisor she was so bloody rude to me on wed! 'Ur not doing enough, maybe u should do some courses and bulk up ur CV abit!'.

I wanna say 'Look eeeeeveryone is looking for jobs 24/7 and applying for the same job. Do u want to beg the bloody people? :-x

I dread going in Jobcentre every week and I'm getting ill with the DAM WORRYING that THAT day will be my last for jobseekers? :/ :???:

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

They said the same to me. I ain't worked since 2009 and last on my CV was work exp in jan of this year. They want me to do voluntary work now. Can I opt out of that?

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

They said the same to me. I ain't worked since 2009 and last on my CV was work exp in jan of this year. They want me to do voluntary work now. Can I opt out of that?

i was made rdundant 6th time 21 feb 2009 and if its voluntary thats whats it means so you cant be forced. when i asked if i could work for my dole voluntary they said no as you have to be available for work and interviews.

yes and after being out of work for more than 3 and a half years i cant wait. would you like anything doing ? for free of course?

That figures

They were pushy about work experience with me as we'll but I felt like saying the best experience is a paid full time job

I think its part of their script - so much for treating people as individuals, plus they get paid by the month that you do forced labour I think

They decided I had enough work experience not to go on an 'enforced work placement' and I sidestepped their efforts at getting some voluntary work by getting involved in a group which suited my skills, and they got me an Enhanced CRB as well.

The WP programme tried to claim they did this but I was able to prove otherwise... same as when they tried to claim the money for getting me into short-term work, it was nothing to do with them,, an agency I had signed up for long before I was on the WP programme got me the position.

As I am still on the assessment phase of ESA I am not being pestered by the Jobcentre, I am however in almost daily battle with the local council (luckily their offices are a short walk from where I live).

Hope to have some more news on the next stage of ESA in a couple of weeks time when I need to get a new Fit Note from my GP.

just had a call from whichever co is dealing with my mandatory workplace. aske loads of questions and said i should receive letter early next week to say where the placement will be. i just hope its something constructive . been told it must be of some benefit to the local comunity. anyone been on one of the latest mwa yet and where were you put ?

Edited by hatsanman

just had a call from whichever co is dealing with my mandatory workplace. aske loads of questions and said i should receive letter early next week to say where the placement will be. i just hope its something constructive . been told it must be of some benefit to the local comunity. anyone been on one of the latest mwa yet and where were you put ?

Is this from the jobcentre? Did they give you a choice? Do you know much about the company contacting you?

Is this from the jobcentre? Did they give you a choice? Do you know much about the company contacting you?

The jobcentre refers you to the MWA provider and then the rest is up to the provider. You are given no choice in what they put you on. The providers are pretty much the same as the WP providers and the call will have been from one of those.