work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter today about them sanctioning me for not doing the charity shop. Here's a copy of the letter

Mandatory Work Activity

Good Cause Letter (JSA)

Dear Miss .........

A doubt has arisen on your entitlement to Jobseeker's Allowance because it appears that you have failed to take part in Mandatory Work Activity by failing to undertake the activity that Learn Direct told you to do.

We have been told that on 22/10/13 you began your period of Mandatory Work Activity at Cat Rescue Charity Shop, Warrington but on the same date you had left the placement without permission and have not returned since.

Will you please rely overleaf in writing within 7 days from the date of this letter to explain why you did not complete this activity. Please reply in the pre-paid envelope provided.

We will decide if your benefit will be affected, and we will let you know what effect the decision has on your jobseeker's Allowance and/or the award of National Insurance credits.

As long as you are still looking for work, you should continue to provide signed declarations as normal.

Payment of Jobseeker's Allowance will not be affected until the decision has been made.

Yours sincerely

Tracy Dixon

Manager

I really like the part where it says I left the placement without permission and have not returned since.

The more I think about it the more angry and shocked I am about the woman in the charity shop having a go at me and then my neighbour. He looked really embarrassed and was surprised that I (someone coming to volunteer) was treated that way.

I have done charity shops before on new deal and they made no difference to my job seeking.

Time to think of the reply to the letter, not that it will make any difference and I'll still get sanctioned

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My ex-husband is on ESA and has been on the WP (with Seetec) for 2 years this coming January. What happens then? Should he tell them he no longer needs to attend and stop going? Does him doing the 2 years while on ESA mean that he doesn't have to do any more?

Are you sure it's Work Programme and not Work Choice?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I really like the part where it says I left the placement without permission and have not returned since.

The more I think about it the more angry and shocked I am about the woman in the charity shop having a go at me and then my neighbour. He looked really embarrassed and was surprised that I (someone coming to volunteer) was treated that way.

[...]

Time to think of the reply to the letter, not that it will make any difference and I'll still get sanctioned

Can you recall anything said that could be construed as a dismissal or refusal on the part of this woman at the charity shop ?

Don't forget you have an independent witness - Perhaps your friend would be willing to write a statement to corroborate events.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Are you sure it's Work Programme and not Work Choice?

Definitely Work Programme. They call themselves a Work Programme Provider and talk about the Work Programme that he is on because he's in ESA WRAG. DWP threaten sanctions if Seetec report he failed to turn up for an appointment. I've never heard of "Work Choice".

My ex-husband is on ESA and has been on the WP (with Seetec) for 2 years this coming January. What happens then? Should he tell them he no longer needs to attend and stop going? Does him doing the 2 years while on ESA mean that he doesn't have to do any more?

He'll return to the Jobcentre for Post Work Programme Support. He doesn't need to inform anyone, the Jobcentre will send a letter about two weeks before he's due to go back. His time with the WP will end exactly 104 weeks after the day he was referred to the WP by the Jobcentre, not the time he started with the WP (i.e. his first induction meeting).

He'll return to the Jobcentre for Post Work Programme Support. He doesn't need to inform anyone, the Jobcentre will send a letter about two weeks before he's due to go back. His time with the WP will end exactly 104 weeks after the day he was referred to the WP by the Jobcentre, not the time he started with the WP (i.e. his first induction meeting).

Thanks for that. Have you any idea what then happens next with ESA claimants?

Thanks for that. Have you any idea what then happens next with ESA claimants?

There's a lot to read but all the information about the PWPS is here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/exit_reports_hit_squads_and_the#incoming-403920

And this is the specific one for ESA although it may be out of date: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/172593/response/421842/attach/html/6/ESA%20Post%20Work%20Programme%20Support.pdf.html

Edited by JustInterested

Definitely Work Programme. They call themselves a Work Programme Provider and talk about the Work Programme that he is on because he's in ESA WRAG. DWP threaten sanctions if Seetec report he failed to turn up for an appointment. I've never heard of "Work Choice".

https://www.gov.uk/work-choice

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Got a letter today about them sanctioning me for not doing the charity shop. Here's a copy of the letter

[...]

I have done charity shops before on new deal and they made no difference to my job seeking.

emma, i think one of the posts below yours is a good idea - asking your neighbour to write a statement, so you can include it as evidence of how you were treated when you arrived at the charity shop. hopefully they'll go easier on you, because you had a valid reason for leaving, as opposed to someone who just didn't bother turning up.

personally i think it's fair enough that you left when the manager was being a cow. it's disgraceful how the unemployed are treated in this country - i've just been reading on the "boycott workfare" website about how companies like tesco have been working jobseekers like dogs, not paying them and then deliberately not giving them a job, so the company can have more free labour :-x

I've heard of other weekly signers getting "paid" weekly. Fortnightly payments are the norm, so I would suggest that what you have experienced is not unusual.

Hi all

I have an appointment for my post work programme next monday (16th december), I have a few questions that I hope you don't mind please helping me with if you can.

First problem is I was put on the work programme back in December 2011, I went once to the induction then I got a job that ended in May this year so had to sign back on, I was told I would be referred back onto the work programme, yet I never got anyone in touch with me, I told two advisers when i signed on 2 separate occasions that I had heard nothing, I was told "good luck with them getting in touch as they are busy" and "just wait until they get in touch as they will", after a while I thought sod it! If they werent going to get in touch then tough luck, so what do I say if asked how the WP went at this appointment?

Second problem is I live with my parents (I am 37) as things are so bad for me moneywise, and they have put their house up for sale to move back up north where we are from(we live in warwickshire), and I am going with them, obviously if I got a fantastic job i would stay, but that is looking unlikely, and they could sell the house any day-so what would happen if I signed off? If they happened to sell the house before my PWP appointment for example and I signed off- what would happen when I sign on up north? Would my claim start again, or would I continue where I left off? Or does anyone know what gap I would have to have of signing off to signing back on that I would start a fresh claim?

The staff at my jobcentre have been usually really good, but who knows when it comes to this PWP, I think it is disgusting that I only worked 7 months ago, a job that lasted a year and a half and ended through no fault of my own- yet I am to be treat like I have never worked in the last two years, its crazy! Thank you all so much x

Hi and welcome to the forums.

There's a lot of variance between procedures - often even between individual Jobcentres - and your claim may continue as it was or they may make you start the whole sorry mess over again from scratch. I know some things can be 'carried over' or put on hold (such as sanctions; trust the DWP to cover that one!)

Hopefully someone here will be able to give more information - we have some current and ex-DWP people among the members.

Regarding how you're treated, one thing can be honestly said for the DWP; they treat everyone the same whether they've worked solidly all their life or have never worked at all. All they're concerned about is the fact you're unemployed now . Everyone is lumped in together.

is anyone on this new job seekers commitment yet as aposed to the job seekers agreement ? if so how much difference does it make if any ?. my advisor told me last thirsday i only have to attend jcp on a fortnight now as if im going to get a job ill find it myself which i could of told him 4 months ago when i started the 6 month back to the jobcentre mullarky. he then went on to say soon my job seekers agreement would be being changed to a job seekers commitment where he said it would be acceptable to take 2 days to fill in a job application. its all gone crazy either that or i have as it just dosnt add up. at one time it was apply for jobs now im being told its not all about the number of jobs you apply for so either he,s lost it or i have so some-one please tell me whats going on now :wink:

I think the DWP and Jobcentres are simply not able to cope with all the requirements of jobseeking now. All very well dreaming up schemes they'd like us to do but they simply don't have the time or man-power to carry it all out..luckily for us, as most of their 'help' is worse than useless, as we've all found.

If they can only spare a few minutes every 2 weeks to see people when they sign on then they're really going to struggle if they try to increase everything; there's only so much they can actually check up on as it all takes time which they haven't got. Catch-22 in a way.

Maybe they should take on some more staff and create a few thousand jobs for us.

I have received the letter from the job centre today telling me I have been sanctioned for not doing the mandatory work activity at the charity shop

It says my money has stopped for 13 weeks from the 28th nov to 26th feb

Does anyone know if I will be able to get hardship and how long will it take to get a payment, also will my housing benefit be affected

I have received the letter from the job centre today telling me I have been sanctioned for not doing the mandatory work activity at the charity shop

Does anyone know if I will be able to get hardship and how long will it take to get a payment, also will my housing benefit be affected

hi ema, you should be able to get a hardship payment depending on your circumstances. i finished my 4 week work placement 4 weeks ago and now work as a volunteer 3 days a week i enjoyed it that much but each to their own. while i was there i worked with a woman who was on a 13 week sanction and was getting hardship payments aprox £24 a week less than what she was getting before sanction. good luck with applying and really hope you get it as you cant live on nothing despite what our wonderfull givernment think. think i might be right in saying it will affect all benefits paid to you.

Edited by hatsanman

I think the DWP and Jobcentres are simply not able to cope with all the requirements of jobseeking now. All very well dreaming up schemes they'd like us to do but they simply don't have the time or man-power to carry it all out..luckily for us, as most of their 'help' is worse than useless, as we've all found.

If they can only spare a few minutes every 2 weeks to see people when they sign on then they're really going to struggle if they try to increase everything; there's only so much they can actually check up on as it all takes time which they haven't got. Catch-22 in a way.

Maybe they should take on some more staff and create a few thousand jobs for us.

i did wonder if this was the case as my advisor is telling me now i dont need to apply for so many jobs. i told him i would still apply for so many if not more as its a joke. one minute they say apply and the next dont :roll:

Write again appealing against the decision - If you had been the one giving the verbal abuse, you'd have had a sanction for "gross misconduct". As you were on the receiving end, it is unfair that you should have to suffer the consequences in my opinion. We are all entitled to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of circumstance.

As for housing benefit, contact your local council first thing Monday and fill out a nil income declaration. The council may also be able to refer you to other organisations that can offer support and advice.

here,s one for all you computer boffins, can the jobcentre (IF) you sign up to uj jobsite and (IF) you grant them permission to look at your account can they trace any other sites you vist while you are online? i here so many things about cookies yes they can trace evry site you visit no they cant so any advice id be gratefull for. :wink:

Although not advised, you can always untick the box giving them permission.

Why not advised? The choice of whether you give the Jobcentre access to your UJ account is entirely yours. And, if you have any sense, you wouldn't tick it in the first place or if you did then untick it immediately.