work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Taken from MWA guidance:

MWA participation would only be beneficial, and therefore appropriate, if it

were deployed as a step within a structured approach designed to address

the claimant’s multiple barriers. Deployed in isolation or as the first or primary

step, MWA would be wholly inappropriate.

18. Given the policy intent of MWA, the following claimants must not be

considered for referral to MWA:

 currently working (paid or voluntary)

 undertaking employment related study / training

 taking part in or recently completed* another employment measure

(contracted or non-contracted) aimed at helping them move closer to

the labour market

(* A claimant ‘dropping-out’ of an employment measure prematurely may, or

may not, indicate a lack of focus and discipline on their part; it is for Advisory

Teams to consider the merits of MWA referral on a case by case basis).

Will these rules still exist for wp leavers because their own guidance says we should not be put on MWA straight after finished another employment measure ?

Also for those of us who volunteer the notes above state we cannot be put forward to MWA either. I am due to end my time on wp in October and I volunteer which the wp are aware of and also the job centre. Worried once my time on wp is up I will be made to give up my voluntary work especially because of the threats to put us straight back on another programme or MWA. Also if having to attend every day I would have to give up at least some of my volunteer work even though I found it myself and have a current job title/references and something to talk about in job interviews.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the work programme last week and attended my first post work programme support advisor interview today. Just created an account on here for anyone curious about what might happen to them.

What happens to me now is, I have to go in every week but I only see my adviser once every two weeks, the other week is just a regular signing on. So it alternates every week. Next week I just sign on, the week after I see my adviser, the week after that I sign on the week after that I see my adviser Etc. However it could change and I might need to see him every week as well as signing on later down the line.

He never explained to me what I will be doing when I see him every two weeks apart from he would look at my Universal Jobmatch account on one of the two computers in the jobcentre and see what I have applied for. I am one of the first to come back from the work programme so far but he said he is expecting a steady stream of people coming in.

I have to use Universal Jobmatch for everything now. The activity history part has a notes section on the right hand side where I have to write down what I have done for that day. If there are no vacancies on that day, I have to write "no suitable vacancies" to show that I have looked. I have to use UJ at least 6 days a week and since they can check whether I am or not, I have no choice really

Also about ticking the two boxes letting them see everything, Apparently I forgot to tick them when I created my account and that they need to be ticked (no mention that it wasn't mandatory). Anyway I ticked them (stupidly, If only I had more confidence and was more forceful) so now they can see everything I see on my account.

Apparently they aren't interested in anything being written down on paper or having hard copies, everything HAS to be done on Universal Jobamtch. I imagine this is why it said people would have to come in daily because if you didn't have a computer then you would have to use the jobcentre's computer everyday to apply on universal jobmatch.

Up next was the talk of courses. I told him I've had two jobs one in admin and one as a shop assistant so he has put me on a computer course, to help me get an admin job. It doesn't start until August as there are no spaces left. I have a grade B in dual award IT so it should be easy.

The annoying thing is that their is no set time to see my adviser. I see him in two weeks at 1 o'clock but that could change to the morning the next time I see him or 5 o'clock the time after that so its hard to plan anything on the adviser day.

So basically come in every week and use Universal jobmatch to show my evidence. See my adviser every two weeks (why I need to see him, I don't know) At least I have quite a friendly adviser for now, probably until his case load is full and he is stressed to hell.

Its going to be a pain having to do this every week for six months, especially when I only used to have to go the work programme once every 6 weeks. Weird I complained about the work programme for two years, now a part of me wishes I was still on it ( God, did I really just say that)

Do they pay your travel expenses on non signing on days, or are you disadvantaged and have to pay it yourself, out of your meagre benefits?

the rest sounds very interesting, and easy to do. I get 6 job search emails a day, which will all go on the jobsearch log.

I finished the work programme last week and attended my first post work programme support advisor interview today. Just created an account on here for anyone curious about what might happen to them.

What happens to me now is, I have to go in every week but I only see my adviser once every two weeks, the other week is just a regular signing on. So it alternates every week. Next week I just sign on, the week after I see my adviser, the week after that I sign on the week after that I see my adviser Etc. However it could change and I might need to see him every week as well as signing on later down the line.

He never explained to me what I will be doing when I see him every two weeks apart from he would look at my Universal Jobmatch account on one of the two computers in the jobcentre and see what I have applied for. I am one of the first to come back from the work programme so far but he said he is expecting a steady stream of people coming in.

I have to use Universal Jobmatch for everything now. The activity history part has a notes section on the right hand side where I have to write down what I have done for that day. If there are no vacancies on that day, I have to write "no suitable vacancies" to show that I have looked. I have to use UJ at least 6 days a week and since they can check whether I am or not, I have no choice really

Also about ticking the two boxes letting them see everything, Apparently I forgot to tick them when I created my account and that they need to be ticked (no mention that it wasn't mandatory). Anyway I ticked them (stupidly, If only I had more confidence and was more forceful) so now they can see everything I see on my account.

Apparently they aren't interested in anything being written down on paper or having hard copies, everything HAS to be done on Universal Jobamtch. I imagine this is why it said people would have to come in daily because if you didn't have a computer then you would have to use the jobcentre's computer everyday to apply on universal jobmatch.

Up next was the talk of courses. I told him I've had two jobs one in admin and one as a shop assistant so he has put me on a computer course, to help me get an admin job. It doesn't start until August as there are no spaces left. I have a grade B in dual award IT so it should be easy.

The annoying thing is that their is no set time to see my adviser. I see him in two weeks at 1 o'clock but that could change to the morning the next time I see him or 5 o'clock the time after that so its hard to plan anything on the adviser day.

So basically come in every week and use Universal jobmatch to show my evidence. See my adviser every two weeks (why I need to see him, I don't know) At least I have quite a friendly adviser for now, probably until his case load is full and he is stressed to hell.

Its going to be a pain having to do this every week for six months, especially when I only used to have to go the work programme once every 6 weeks. Weird I complained about the work programme for two years, now a part of me wishes I was still on it ( God, did I really just say that)

Although a Job Seekers Direction may be issued to candidates who do not use Universal Job Match, in which case the Job Seekers Direction would specify that the candidate would have to i) Create an account, ii) Create a Profile, iii) Upload a CV, iv) Make that CV Searchable, there is currently no legislative enabler which could be used requiring a candidate to either allow DWP Access to any UJ Account. In any event, when candidates create a UJ Account, they agree that the Monster Corporation (operating the system on behalf of the DWP) could distribute all data contained (including your account data) to any party deemed authorised by the Minister of State.

Irrespective of the attitude of the jobsworth whom you meet, I suggest that you continue to complete your choice of Job Diary, where you specify the specific jobs that you apply for, ignore Universal Job Match, and address other issues (such as the need to address a Job Seekers Direction) as and when they arise.

You do have the option to untick the boxes at any time - If you decide to do that, you may receive some hostile reactions from the JCP adviser, but consent to share is not mandatory. As for not accepting paper records, I'd suggest the staff read the DWP guidance again - The UJM Toolkit* manual clearly states that "we [the DWP] can not specify to a JSA claimant how they provide us with records of their jobsearch activity and Universal Jobmatch will not change that" (Chapter 3, para 82).

Should also point out C.3 para 50 when JCP staff mandate a claimant to attend to use DWP IADs: "Claimants are entitled to travel cost reimbursement for appointments outside their normal signing arrangements" - Show them a return bus ticket and insist on a refund.

*) Universal Jobmatch Toolkit

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Another thing I just remembered was the threat of "dont just look on the Universal Jobmatch and apply for a load of jobs the day before you come in because we can check when you signed in to it."

A very needless threat really. I would still be applying for the jobs, who cares what day it's on, one day isn't going to make a difference

forgot to add they do pay bus fare tickets for non signing days with your adviser.

It does sound quite easy at the moment but it's a mess, instead of just going in and saying here is what I have applied for, you have all this other crap of them checking when you looked on the UJ website, having to fill the activity history "diary" in everyday as he called it and like I said even if there isn't a job to apply for on a certain day, you still have to write "no suitable vacancies today" onto the activity history notes just so they can see you checked.

I don't know if this will happen in every jobcentre though.

and address other issues (such as the need to address a Job Seekers Direction) as and when they arise.

What is a 'Job Seekers Direction'?

Another thing I just remembered was the threat of "dont just look on the Universal Jobmatch and apply for a load of jobs the day before you come in because we can check when you signed in to it."

A very needless threat really. I would still be applying for the jobs, who cares what day it's on, one day isn't going to make a difference

forgot to add they do pay bus fare tickets for non signing days with your adviser.

It does sound quite easy at the moment but it's a mess, instead of just going in and saying here is what I have applied for, you have all this other crap of them checking when you looked on the UJ website, having to fill the activity history "diary" in everyday as he called it and like I said even if there isn't a job to apply for on a certain day, you still have to write "no suitable vacancies today" onto the activity history notes just so they can see you checked.

I don't know if this will happen in every jobcentre though.

You can apply for jobs on any day of the week via any number of Jobs Aggregator Web Sites...and the majority send an email to acknowledge that the application has been made.

Sounds if the jobsworth JCP Clerk is power hungry....hence, if you apply for jobs on a daily basis, simply note the jobs that you have applied for on the required date, using whatever documentation you use, and simply provide this at when signing on.

i have just finished at ingeus

i have had the universal job match account

since it was suggested,

even though it has never been looked at,

for my own amusement and something you may want to try,

and even if you are working, still feel free to ioin in, if you have half hour or so to spare

i am applying for every job on the universal job match that i can do,

as well as a lot i cannot, i know

lots of agencies, are now not even bothering looking at my cv

and no one can accuse me of not looking for work

if im applying for 100 -200 jobs perweek,

and i would love it if companies got 20 million applications for one job

via the universal jobmatch

i dont think the agencies would though :wink:

As I said in a previous post, the UJM is a perfect tool for those who want to play the system, because no sane employer would ever post a real job on the UJM. They're 99% fake.

I've had my UJM account for ages but never used it. On my Cv I've remove my phone number and applied misspellings on my contact details.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

my last but one 'advisor' from Pathway screwed up my CV for me, insisting I removed a level 5 qualification (a HNC) as he said it would put prospective employers off.....this left me with my 1976 'O' level English & maths as my most recent qualifications.

I went and signed on today, post WP. I was given a letter to attend a meeting in 2 weeks time, with a personal advisor, to assess the support I will need, based on my needs and skills, to help me find and stay in suitable work.

the letter goes on to say my PA will talk to me about jobs, training and other ways of helping me back to work - which is what various agencies have been paid to do for the past 4 years.

I think it will be interesting finding out what the others have missed... plus a chance to get permission to scrap the 'pathway' cv I have been forced to use.

Nobody can force you to use a substandard CV. If you have concerns about the one provided by Pathway, you are perfectly entitled to use your own.

A4e "promised" to produce a CV for me - An offer, based on examples of very poor grammar and spelling, I rejected in no uncertain terms. An "adviser" later offered to criticise my version. Again, rejected on the grounds she was unqualified to offer any genuine or constructive opinion.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

went for my first meeting of the new tougher job hunting programme, was a bit miffed that my advisor didnt want to see my universal

job match form at the moment

as she was happy i had set up an account however she said i needed to apply for any jobs, i did which could cause a few problems

as cv library will only let me apply for 80 jobs per day,

i have just had this from

sending off the 80 apps via the one click system on cv library

it took me about 45 minutes

which is less than 10 hours a week

does anyone know the daily application limit on the universal job match site

as i think i need to find 25 hours to fill my action plan :wink:

Daily Application Limit Hit

In order to provide quality applications to our clients we restrict the number of daily job applications to 80 per candidate. If you wish to make additional applications your limit will be clear within 24 hours.

I was with them 3 years ago, for a year. I was under 8 advisors, 7 of which ordered me to refresh my cv, despite it being less than 3 weeks since the last one did.

one advisor told me to lie in my CV, coming up with an excuse to cover a 4 year sickness absence. I refused, and she said she was going to sanction me for it. l I said that that it was a criminal offence of "obtaining a pecuniary advantage through deception"... she checked with a more senior colleague, then backed down.

the 35 hours was mentioned

as well as it being tougher

i got the sense it has been dumped on my advisor

and after about an hour

she had to move onto the next person,

i think if every one applies for everything

not only will it really upset the agencies,

it will tie up the system and hopefully

the government may be more realistic

and actually do something like errr create paying jobs

it will be different for most people

depending on their circumstances

but here is mine

write to at least 3 employers each week

phone at least 3 employers a week

check my universal job match account 7 times a week at least

ask family friends and people i have worked with before

about jobs

look in local papers weekly and universal job match and

the various jobs sites im signed to daily

1)keep an up to date detailed job search diary

and bring in every attendence

2) attend all interviews signing training

and apply for all jobs the job centre tell me about

3) contact the only job agency where i live weekly for jobs

also reading this bit which has made me smile

and this is very very important so i will say this in capitals

I WILL SEEK AND ACT ON FEEDBACK FROM EMPLOYERS

im guessing this means the universal job match

so remember folks to always ask feed back from any employers

especially if you are applying for 200 plus jobs per week!!!!!

btw if anyone from the job center wishes to strike

over this stupid scheme you have my total support

i know what a hard time you will have

go on ballot for strike action, you know you want to!!!!!

ooh that could be one to consider great idea

im going to see what happens next wednesday

first though

Edited by blagmania
found copy of agreement

Watch out if you are finishing your two years on the WP. Make damn sure you stick to your JSA agreement. I'm just about to be sanctioned for not applying for enough jobs that were on my agreement, like I didn't think it mattered as long as I was applying for jobs! Apparently not, so now my payment has been suspended and I have to wait for a decision to be made as to whether or not I am to be sanctioned for 4 weeks. I really thought I had my back covered + I really genuinely am looking for work, apparently not in the right way. I guess I'm now getting the strict benefits regime treatment. Way they spoke to me today was disgusting.

it is now 12.48 am just finished asking for feedback on 200 + jobs i had applied for

going back to late last year

this folks is the way forward, thats 200 + companies

tomorrow all pulling their hair out

if you times that by the supposed 900,000 that are no longer on the work programme

i give it all a month if people do something like this

This is all so ridiculous. I'm off the WP now too, got an appointment on the 26th.

I don't really want to sign up to 'Universal Jobmatch', do we have too?

'Contact information' on job postings always seems to be on the left hand side!

ok just signing up. What flipping relevance is my 'sexuality', lol JEEZ!!!

I wanted to see what a Universal jobmatch 'cv' looked like, wondering if it looked any good, came across this fine example :-D;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44628[/ATTACH]

Good luck with your appeal - if, in respect to the Job Seekers Agreement, you were applying for jobs that you were qualified for, capable of doing, and required the skills that were specified by the jobs specified within the Job Seekers Agreement, then it is plausible that the Jobsworth you met when signing simply wanted to increase the number of candidates (s)he sanctioned.

I tried for feedback on UJ and no-one bothered with it

No great loss as even with applications where I could contact the person directly I still got no feedback of any use, one person didn't know anything about my job interview/application.

UJ is very useless for jobseeking it seems all too often

I generally was doing doing that but recently I decided to have a pop at graphic design, something more interesting and permanent. None of the advisors raised any issue with that past couple of times, and i was also looking for things on my agreement. As far as i was to understand it the deal was that as long as I was applying for something I was capable of doing then I was satisfying my agreement. I am skilled in lots of areas and have lots of experience in different jobs so I saw no reason to necessarily restrict myself to my JSA, which are basically dead end jobs. I'll find out in a few days so hopefully the decision maker wont penalise me, but there is no way to tell, lot of jobsworth people out there.