Credit Security Ltd old Lloyds credit card debt - now robbersway.

agjones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Give it a few days. Maybe the letters crossed. This if they contqct you again, just send them a simple reminder that they are in breach of their credit licence if they continue with threats. No cca = no pay. They know that and hope you dont.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear

No CCA means no enforcement but it does not stop them asking you to pay, reporting to credit reference agencies,writing to you,sending doorstep collectors (unless you tell them not to) etc.

However just make sure you do not acknowledge the debt.

As everyone says, a paper trail is good,i believe email is ok for regular letters but to be honest it all depends how many creditors you have. I have lots and replying by post to every letter would take many hours and a lot if money.

Sometimes as well for my own sanity it is necessary to take a step back and only reply to the important stuff.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• 7 months later...

Back in May 2013, CAG members helped me get rid of Credit Security Ltd by following their recommended steps and using standard letters

- we have stopped making payments and had no response from Credit Security - THANK YOU!!

BUT NOW, I have received a letter purporting to be from Lloyds Bank transferring the debt to DCA Robinson Way.

The debt is about 18 years old and I have not paid anything directly to Lloyds TSB for most of that time.

The letter begins with

"As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan ..."

I have had no dealings with Lloyds Bank for more than 15 years

and there has been no attempt to discuss a repayment plan.

I am very suspicious of this letter.

I suspect the letter has originated with Robinson Way and, if that is the case,

then it appears to be an act of fraud.

The letter has a Lloyds Bank logo and details of its registered office, but the whole thing looks like it was printed on an ink jet printer.

Please can you advise me what to do next?

Regards

agjones

Yes, my gut instinct is to thoroughly ignore them too.

To be on the safe side I would check your credit files just to see what, if anything, is on there.

Robbersway are nothing to worry about, this is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel now.

You need to make absolutely certain when your last payment or written acknowledgment to this debt was.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

A lot will depend on what exactly was put in writing previously.

Have you at any time in the last six clear years paid anything to any party in regard to this debt or anything written that may amount to an admission of liability.

Is this on CRA files? When was the account defaulted?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes I agree with earlier posters , I would ignore until and unless they come up with a more substantive explanation of the status of any alleged debt.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

old and new threads merged.

having been blindly paying CSL for many years £1PCM

the OP found CAG.

CSL never complied to a CCA request

so OP stopped paying

now looks like?

its sold to robbersway?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No No No

This debt is not SB if the OP can be believed in that they were paying £1 per month up until feb or march 2013 (post 1)

As for Robbers way they are now part of the Hoist group who are far from the bottom feeders they used to be .

If I read the posts correctly you sent a CCA request to CSL who did not respond. If this is the case then when RW contact you again just point this out.

Again from what you said it seems that RW are acting on behalf of Lloyds , is that correct?

Sorry DX didn't see you had picked up on that

THANK YOU for all the responses to my problem.

The letter I received from Lloyds Bank says:

"As we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan, we've transferred your LTSB CARD to a Debt Collection Agency, Robinson Way.

We've instructed Robinson Way to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

Please contact Robinson Way as soon as possible to arrange to pay back the outstanding balance. Their full contact details are below, and they can be contacted using either of the below methods between 8.00 am and 8.30 pm Monday to Friday, 9.00 am and 4.00 pm Saturday."

The contact information for Robinson Way then follows.

I am suspicious about this letter because I cannot imagine Lloyds Bank going to the trouble of spelling out the contact arrangements with the DCA, - surely, they would just say "get in touch with them".

ALSO: Someone else suggested looking at my credit rating details. I have never done that before - presumable I use Experian. Is there anything in particular I should look for?

If the debt is as old as you say it is almost certain to be nowhere on your credit file.

The letter you have received is pretty standard, I have a few like that. What it does mean is that Lloyds still own the debt and that RW can do little other than give you grief.

If RW contact you I would simply send a quick letter stating

Thank you for your letter of xxxxxx . I do not acknowledge any debt to either you or your client

On xxxxxx I sent a request under S78 CCA1974 to CSL who were at that time acting on behalf of LLoyds TSB . To date I have not received a reply. As such Lloyds are in breach of that request and any agreement would be unenforceable as per S78(6) CCA1974

I have received a letter from Robinson Way, today - as expected.

I took up the 30 day free trial with Experian and

found I have a VERY HIGH (Excellent) rating from them.

I can find no reference to any debts and Lloyds TSB do not feature as one of my credit cards.

I am about to send a reply, as suggested, to Robinson Way

- perhaps I will wait until Monday and get a proof of postage from the post office!

We shall see what happens next

- if anything.

MANY THANKS again for your help and advice.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Having sent the letter you suggested fletch70, I have just received the following from Robinson Way:

"Following your request, we have today asked for a copy of the agreement/statement to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due.

Your account has been placed on a hold temporarily pending receipt of this documentation and we will contact you again in due course.

Thank you for your co-operation."

I would welcome your comments. In the meantime, I assume I just wait.

Tony

Hi

Well if they do come back with anything odds are that it will not include all the documents required by the S78 request but yes just wait and see now.

When and if they do reply let us know

Do you know how much they claim is still owing on this?

Have they been sending you an annual statement of account?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...

Since my last message (and cry for help) on 15th Jan 2014 (thank you for your useful comments)

I have been regularly receiving letters and telephone calls from Robinson Way.

However, they have never provided evidence that they can legitimately collect the debt

- in fact they have failed to satisfy their own comment:

"Following your request, we have today asked for a copy of the agreement/statement

to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due."

I feel I am being harassed by them.

Further to this, today I have received a letter saying

"..., we may now arrange for a doorstep collector to call at your address to agree an affordable payment

plan with you, dependant on your personal circumstances."

They then suggest that, to avoid escalation to this stage,

I should contact them to arrange an affordable payment plan.

Although I do not intend actioning this latest letter,

I do feel that I am being unreasonably (if not illegally) harassed and would like to see it stop.

I am at an age where these processes become injurious to my health

and they have no legitimate reason for continuing.

Please can you provide any suggestions.

Kindest regards

Tony

we usually find it this way

when people have been cash cowed for years

they don't give because they think

you'll be spoofed into paying again with one more letter.

trick is to ignore them.

only react if you get a claimform or any other legal paperwork.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Definitely ignore them.

Regarding the telephone harassment keep a diary of events, one which you will be able to take to your local police station and file a

complaint against them for the criminal offence of harassment.

There is also a letter you can send telling them that should they continue, you will be doing this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone

• 1 month later...

Since my last posting I have contacted my local MP and provided various information. She has contacted Lloyds Bank and they have responded with a number of statements:

(1) We no longer have the physical application pertaining to the debt accounts, due to the debt being nearly 20 years old

(2) We would take the fact Mr Jones has been paying the debt for so long, something he does not dispute, as clear evidence the debt is valid.

They also say they are concerned to learn that I feel Robinson Way have acted in a menacing and harassing fashion and they regularly review such feedback about the partners they use on a regular basis and my comments will be recorded as such.

I have a letter sent Dec 2013, purporting to come from Lloyds Bank, stating that the debt was to be collected by Robinson Way. If Lloyds say they have no statement about the debt, it seems very unlikely they ever sent that letter. If the letter originated at Robinson way, then it is surely a fraud.

The only advice I have from Lloyds is either to contact Robinson Way or the Financial Ombudsman Service.

What do you advise? I really would like to bring all this to an end.

Many thanks for your patience and help in the past. I feel more able to contact you first than fill in forms for the Ombudsman.

Regards

Tony

bring what to an end?

you stopped paying I take it

after being fleeced for years

and are ignoring the begging letters now?

dx

and they

Hello

I had an original credit card debt with TSB about 16 or 17 years ago, when my business was terminated.

Because of my circumstances I agreed a monthly repayment of £1.

After sometime I found I was having to make the payments to Credit Security Ltd and I am still doing so.

Some years ago I suggested making a single payment of a substantial sum (but less than half the debt),

which would be far more than they will ever receive in my lifetime at a rate of £1 per month.

they refused the offer.

With postage of 50p I really want to bring this to an end but I cannot repay the total and will have to look to others (possibly) to make up an offer.

I really don't know how best to do this.

Can anyone help, please?

PS I am a pensioner and not able to access much in financial resources.

Kind regards

Tony

Hello Tony,

This is the same thing that happened to me 20 years ago , same BANK same DCA's when I queried my account with them they told me I had to continue to pay as there was a CCJ on it which I know nothing about .

I have sent CCA and SAR requests but told I wasn't entitled to this info and must continue to pay. Mine was only a debt of about 3k but with exorbitant charges added on to it.

Now sending me special offers of discounts but I have declined,

I'am now here to find out if. I can resolve this once and for all