New bedroom tax

time4change2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest problem with implementing this sickening tax is the fact that for people of working age, their individual situations will be so fluid. Adults in and out of work, small children growing up and therefore (legally) needing bedroom space seperate from opposite-gender siblings..............how the hell can people seriously be expected to move house every time there's a change in circumstances? In my street of 13 HA houses, only 4 are filled to capacity; the other tenants are all pensioners!

These may be of use:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Just sharing something from another site ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embe dded&v=Bik9299kA0c#

Many protests arranged for 30/03 and detailed at the end of the song. And, ahem, for those who might like the lyrics as well ...

LYRICS

I'm a welfare state wean, we live on the bottom flair

But we're no allowed to even live there any mair.

They say we've got too many rooms, in our social rented flat

We've an eight by ten foot boxroom where you cannae swing a cat

Chorus:

Oh ye canna have a spare room in a pokey cooncil flat

Ian Duncan Smith and Co have put an end tae that

They say "live in a smaller house", they say that is their plan

When the odds against you finding one are ninety-nine to one

Noo ma auntie's in a wheelchair, but these Tories dinna care

They say they have a deficit, she got to pay her share

£60 a month they'll take, then leave her tae her fate

Whilst gieing millionaires a tax cut, cause they say they're due a break

Noo that Buckingham Palace looks a pretty roomy gaff

And the ludger there gets benefits at rates that make me laugh

A civil list, plus tax perks, near a £100 million pounds

While her other dozen palaces l

ye empty a' year round

Noo those MPs doon in Westminster must think that we're 'a dense

Wi their second home apartments, where the public pays their rent

They're even get a food allowance, two hundred quid a week

But they're claiming we're the scroungers, is their arse up in their cheeks?

So we've formed a Federation and we're gonna have our say

The Bedroom Tax it has to go, and we ain't gonna pay

We're gonna march on London tae demand our civil rights

Like nae mair Tories and their Liberal ****e

Edited by RaeUK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
And so it begins...

Bedroom Tax victim commits suicide

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bedroom-tax-victim-commits-suicide-1883600

I was just reading this tonight. Geez if it was my mum I would pay the darn 20 quid a week even though I couldn't afford it! This is just horrible. When will the nightmare end...

its disgraceful that this woman felt so little hope for her future, that she felt forced to end her life

my thoughts go out to her family who must be distraught with what has happened

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

if anybody on here feels in a similar way,

i would urge them to seek help whether it is from family, friends, social services, council's DHP fund, CAB, welfare rights, local charities, GP

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I hope its a wake up call and people listening to the lies of the govt actually see the truth here and not believe the propaganda they govt are spouting. It wont just be bedroom tax that will cause this awful and sickening reaction.

My heart and thoughts go out to the family, and that poor woman who must have felt so dreadfully low and helpless that life really wasn't worth keeping. Taxing the poor in this way is disgraceful and this govt will have more blood on their hands I fear, unless somebody does something, or people stand up and be counted and fight them hard. People who are stronger than this poor woman was. I am sickened by this. And I dread the b******t that the govt will dare to spout in reaction to the news of this.....I wont be able to listen.

And so it begins...

Bedroom Tax victim commits suicide

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bedroom-tax-victim-commits-suicide-1883600

This is the first of many of what we know but to say it happened a week ago, I haven't heard anything on TV news about it? I might be wrong and just wondering if gagging orders might have been issued?

Also, If the Tories expect people to pay tax for a spare bedroom - then why don't THEY pay an extra £X amount for the 20 other unoccupied bedrooms in THEIR grand mansions or second homes. Fairs fair, right?! Oh i forgot, there not poor and not on benefits because there fiddling, thieving and cheating the system and grinding everyone down until they take every last penny from us and see us in the gutter.!!

I really feel for anyone in this situation - having more and more pressure heaped on them with bedroom tax and the minimum council tax payments. For those who are ill or who have struggled all their lives, I can see these changes being 'the straw that broke the camel's back'.

I'm not in such dire straits, but with a £50 a month council tax increase and £200 deficit between our actual rent and eligible rent, I must admit to feeling incredibly stressed and sick to the stomach today when our washing machine broke down. I can imagine that a single benefit claimant, facing the terrible strain of trying to make ends meet, could easily just break.

I'm also very aware that being educated, able and knowledgeable about the system, puts a lot of us in a better position than those strugling with mild learning difficulties, literacy and maths issues, mental health problems etc, to whom budgeting is hard at the best of times, let alone when there simply isn't enough to make a budget.

My heart goes out to this poor woman's family, and the others out there, and their families who are on the brink. I hope they get the help they need, but I doubt it will happen.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

This is the first of many of what we know but to say it happened a week ago, I haven't heard anything on TV news about it? I might be wrong and just wondering if gagging orders might have been issued?

Same story reported on Sky News. I wouldn't expect there to be any gagging orders, otherwise Sky and The Mirror couldn't have published the story. But I didn't find it on any other major media websites.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I like the way suicide is placed in inverted commas. As if it could have been something else. You know, late night stroll across motorway ends in unforeseeable accident ...

I like the way suicide is placed in inverted commas. As if it could have been something else. You know, late night stroll across motorway ends in unforeseeable accident ...

Yep, I always write letters to my loved ones about my impending death at the hands of the government before my totally innocuous, late night stolls across the M1......doesn't everyone???

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop