House of Fraser-expired gift vouchers

billybobynumeroduo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have around £500 gift vouchers for HOS, they expired on Nov 2011.

An initial call to HOS, and they said "we will not renew the vouchers they are not valid anymore"."It says clearly that they have expired"

My question is are they allowed to get away with this. They have my £500 pounds and effectively have withheld my credit.

Can anyone tell me what the law on this is and how I can proceed with Dealing with HOS?

Best Wishes

BB

Unfortunately gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the trader. Part and parcel of buying them is the acceptance of these terms.

I guess that the fact that over 14 months has passed since their expiry doesn't add anything to a request for a re-issue under goodwill.

Sorry that I can't give you more positive news.

Yep. I could see them offering to accept them within a month of the expiry date, but definitely not over a year later. The onus is on the holder of the gift voucher to use them as per the stated T&C's. If you dont use them, then you lose them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

It is a problem that most people dont think about when buying vouchers and one that comes to the fore when the shops selling them go bust. Write to Head Office explaining why you have such a large amount of them and why they havent been used and ask for replacement vouchers so you can purchase (whatever) a particular item you have had you eye on. If you dont get any joy then you can try TV's watchdog in the hope that they may be embarrassed into reconsidering.

A problem with vouchers is that they are normally given as presents and any contract is with the purchaser. If they were given to you by one person then get them to write to the head office as Hof F actually owe them a service and there is the possibility that they could be hit for the non-performance of the expected service even though time has gone by. They are not time sensitive like theatre tickets so it is worth an initial shot.

I really think to have left them so long it is very unlikely that you will get anywhere its not as if its just a few pounds its quite a lot to have hanging around for so long.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.