Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder

Neo1

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    35
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Neo1

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. My wife attends Middlesex University one morning when she was running late she quickly parked and called the parking mobile line. She received the text message confirming that payment for parking had been received for the day. When she returned to her car she saw a parking ticket. We challenged the ticket enclosing proof of payment and the text message received on the day. Barnet rejected the challenge (see attached) due to the fact that my wife incorrectly entered her registration number (she missed off a digit). Is there anything we can do? Parking ticket.pdf
  2. Thank you for the responses so far. My issue is the following- at no point when I purchased the ticket was I told that it was non refundable- I was never given an option to purchase a refundable or a non refundable ticket. On the contrary when I cancelled the flight and requested a full refund at no point did any of the BA staff inform me that the ticket was non refundable. Three staff members (each senior than the next) attempted to refund monies back onto my card. I was told that it was 'the system' which prevented the refund not the fact that I purchased a non refundable ticket - which I'm sure they would have readily revealed if indeed that was the case.
  3. Hi I wonder if anyone out there can be of assistance. Just over 2 weeks ago it was my daughters christening. A very good friend of ours is a priest and he agreed to perform the ceremony. He actually lives in Texas and has visited UK on numerous occasions so we were thrilled when he said that he would pass through UK (perform baptism) on his way back to the US after visiting Nigeria. The christening was actually scheduled to take place on the day that he was arriving (1.30pm). As the flight touched down at around 7am we thought that would allow plenty of time. He secured the necessary transit visa and when he touched down at Heathrow he called to let us know that he had landed. An hour later (around 8.30) he called to inform us that the booking agent in Nigeria had made an error with the return flight. Return flight had been booked for 09:45 the same day. He tried changing it but the problem was that he needed to pay a surcharge but the American credit card he possessed was not able to process the fee. I said that I would pay but the airport officials said that I could not do this over the phone- only in person. Around 9.30 am I rushed over to Heathrow and made my way over to the excess fee desk. I explain the situation to the desk attendant and provide the Fr’s details and flight reference no. The attendant informed me that a new return ticket would have to be issued with a return flight either that afternoon at 2pm ($200) or the next day (£881). We opted for the next day as the christening was happening 1.30pm that very afternoon and there was no way that he would have made the 2pm flight. Before he authorised me to purchase the ticket he was confirmed that purchasing the ticket would allow him through. I purchased the ticket and waited for him to come through. I waited and waited. Around 10.30 I called him and he informed me that Immigration was not allowing him through. When asked why the immigration officer told him that a visa does not automatically allow anyone into the UK and that she has the authority to reject any visa and that she is using that authority now. He was told that he would be leaving on the next flight out to the US and that he could either leave peacefully or she would instruct her colleagues to bundle him onto the flight. I was shocked and could not believe it. No explanation was provided. In fact I spoke with Fr when he arrived back in the US and he told me that there were other junior immigration officers present that were sympathetic and when the senior officer left the room they apologised profusely and informed him that this particular immigration officer was anti cleric. Fr was put on the 2pm flight and I rushed back to the church and arrived an hour late for the service. Luckily our resident priest had been kept in the loop and had agreed to perform the service (solo). However before leaving the airport I had instructed BA to cancel the ticket and demanded a full refund. They tried to refund the money back onto my card but said that as the flight was paid in dollars it was causing problems (not sure why exactly). In fact no less than 3 members of staff (each more senior than the next) had attempted to give me a refund but ‘the system’ was not allowing it. They were only able to refund £87 for some reason. The rest they couldn’t do. I was provided with a customer service number which I tried later that evening only to be given a reference number for the issue. I have since received a response from BA- see below. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I think I probably have a strong case for the mere fact that Fr did have all the necessary papers and secondly I had cancelled the flight and BA had already attempted to give me a full refund. However before I respond I would like to know if there is anything else I can say. Thank you.
  4. Actually- it may even be longer than that. I just confirmed that the house was actually purchased in 1974 and tenant died 20yrs after and son has been there for last 20 yrs- Wow time does fly when your having fun.
  5. My parents are very elderly (mother 80 and father 93)- they say that the agreement was with the mother but this was years ago and they are unable to locate it. At the time of the mothers death the son was living in Philippines and rushed over with bride in tow once he learnt of his mothers demise. There is no agreement with the son.
  6. Thanks for the response. On both occasions my parents informed them and gave sufficient warning that work would be conducted on the premises. On the first occasion (ie central heating) the wife agreed and allowed work to be conducted. They even agreed to the double glazing to be done but when the workmen arrived the husband refused them entry.
  7. Thanks for the rapid response. In answer to your questions. I definitely did not receive PCN at the time nor did I receive one in the post. Do I then contact council and ask for it to be cancelled?
  8. Hi My parents live in Stoke Newington in a property which they purchased about 35 yrs ago. At the time of purchase three rooms of the top floor was occupied by a sitting tenant (elderly lady). The tenant passed away about 10yrs after the property was purchased but then the son (who occasionally visited the mother) inherited the tenancy. So now the son lives with his wife in the property. They have lived in the property for the last 15yrs or so. My questions are as follows: a) Are there any new laws surrounding inherited sitting tenancy - are they still protected to the extent that they cannot be evicted? b) My parents have tried several times to implement home improvements eg central heating- but they have refused. In fact it was around 5 years ago the wife agreed to have central heating. When the husband returned from work he arranged for the radiators to be removed. The radiators are still on the landing to this day. More recently my parents wanted to have double glazing windows fitted. The son refused to allow the double glazing company to enter his room so as to measure the windows. When asked why he just states that he doesn't want it. Where do my parents stand legally in all this? Thank you for any advice offered.
  9. I received this PCN a month after the event. The ticket was not issued at the site as I drove off before it could be attached to my windscreen. Is there not a time limit by which tickets have to be received? Plus £130 seems excessive. Allowing no option to pay 50% reduction fee- I thought they had to. Please advise.
  10. Hi all Thanks for all the advice/ comments received. Just to update you all the corporate company ended up paying the outstanding invoices in full. It was then agreed that I would continue at the revised rate for June and July but the August payment would be at the higher rate. I received full payments for June and July. My contract completed at the end of August but to date I have not been paid my August costs plus my expenses (which date back to last year). In total I am owed nearly £30K. My question now is what action to take? The agency which I have the agreement with and whom i address my invoices to say that they cannot pay me until the corporate company pays them. They say that they are chasing and that is all they can do. I would welcome any advice to expedite matters. Thank you.
  11. I have been with this particular company for the past 2yrs and the project that I am working on will be ending in August. My contract is to be extended in June for 2-3 months to assist in closing. Due to these recent developments I doubt v much that I will extend my contract.
  12. I was under the impression that a verbal contract is sufficient.
  13. No I do not have a contract with my agency that specifies new rate. So is that what it boils down to?
  14. Thanks for the responses so far. The agency does pay me and receives a % from the client. My contract is with the agency- but once the client starts negotiating with the service provider (me) and verbally accepts a new rate (which was confirmed in writing by the service provider- does this not over ride any other agreement? The fact that the first 2 invoices were paid does this not mean that the new rate was accepted by the client and therefore active?
×
×
  • Create New...