Being made homeless due to Job Centre

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as caspers ghost was sanctioned under the old sanction rules hardship is not payable for a work program sanction.

several people have advised to make a claim for housing benefit and council tax benefit and he did make the claim, posted above that he will be entitled to £50 per month and his dad will make up the difference.

I think Casper needs to go back to the council and request a reconsideration of the amount of help he is currently receiving towards the rent.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When your sanction ends as long as you have no further additional sanction then yes your payment will start again from the day after the sanction exhausts, but you won't be paid until the normal payment would be due following your signing at the JCP.

Went to Job Centre today, and asked the woman at 'reception' if I am entitled to a crisis loan. She said she thought not. But I can write a letter to them, which I am trying to sound good. But think I failed in that.

Forgot to tell her that I live on my own. And in this weather am glad I am staying at mum's as I would be in hospital if I was there. Also got an inspection for Monday but was never told of this when I looked at the flat and when I signed the tenants agreement. Didn't even know I had to. Would they ask if I was unhappy with the flat? Or if there is anything else? I haven't been able to close the front door from the inside.

And will they say something about the carpet? He said he would clean it but never did.

Hi Casper. It's usual to have an inspection every six months, and sometimes as often as every three months, when you live in a rented property. It's certainly nothing unusual.

If there are problems with the flat, it's an ideal time to bring them up, and I would certainly suggest that you bring up the fact you can't close your front door - it's a security issue. You could certainly mention that the carpet still hasn't been cleaned, but if you have no electric at the property they aren't going to be able to rectify that for you.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

You would have to check your tenancy agreement for the amount of notice that you are required to give, Casper. It's usually 8 weeks, and the notice period should end the day before your rent is due - e.g. if your rent is due on the 3rd, your notice period should end on the 2nd.

As I say, check your tenancy agreement then come back to us if you have any problems.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Casper, I really don't want to upset you but it really won't matter what you write in the letter.

This is the only way I can try to explain and I apologise as no offence is meant here.

As you are subject to a sanction of your benefit criss loans will not help you as you did something to dtermine that a referral was made to dma resulting in the sanction. Unfortunately the social fund state that by receiving a sanction you have put yourself in a position of crisis and this means they cannot help you.

The people you see in the JCP are not processing officers in fact a lot of them have never processed a benefit claim or even have any benefit knowledge or experience so they can advise that you can try but we are not allowed to say you won't get it when you are in the office. I have never processed social fund but I have processed IS and JSA many years ago and this crisis loans unable to pay during a period of sanction was in place then and is still the same now.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/social-fund-guide.pdf

Direction 17 – Sanctions and disallowances

Direction 17

Direction 17 restricts the CL awards which may be made in specified circumstances to expenses that arise as a consequence of disaster or in respect of fireguards or items required for space heating or cooking.

At least you can claim heating expenses I think.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Good question. That's something you'd have to check with your dentist - I know some dentists only treat nhs patients in receipt of particular benefits - for example, tax credits.

Casper I've already stated that all you need to do is to complete form HC1 whih you can get from your JCP or health professionals and they will make an assessment on your circumstances.

As you are not entitled to receive JSA due to your sanction you need to ensure that you do complete this form as they are checking declaratios on presrciption for those stating that they are entitledto free prescriptions and there have been threads previously about being pursued for a penalty charge for false declarations.

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/DentalServices/Documents/penalty_guidance.pdf

In order to prevent this please get hold of HC1 and complete it to cover yourself.

you can still access free NHS care however you cannot automatically receive free prescription which includes dental and optical treatment, you will have to obtain and complete the HC1 asap or you could end up with up to a £100 penalty fine for claiming a free prescription earlier in the week.

They were completing a 100% check on all free prescriptions via benefits recently so get that form and complete it.

Get the HC1 asap and send it off asap.

On the back of the prescription it ask if you are in receipt of Income Based benefits and at the moment you aren't :( if you ticked that box then they could argue a false declaration was made but if you get HC1 sent off you may be ok.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks