Red driving school car not taxed test refused - ** WON **

batman1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The pupil has phoned Red, sent an email to the ceo and has drawn no satisfactory response. They assert that the instructor is to blame and although they have been informed that they are in breach of the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1982 and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 they will not budge. The posting that apparently Red made on here (removed) made no difference. So what next?

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

Contact Trading Standards and see if they will assist. If they can, it might negate you have to go to court and mess around.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have phoned Red on behalf of the family. Their customer services agent said that all Red instructors are liable for the tax on the cars. I quoted word for word their franchise agreement as advertised on their own website and the person on the other end of the phone told me that I must be mistaken as it does not state that. When I repeated the information to her including the weekly franchise cost she became evasive saying that it was not her department. She informed me that another agent would phone me to discuss things further. I am still waiting for that call. However I did record the whole of the conversation after advising her that this was happening and also advising Red that I reserve the right to publish the recordings in the public domain. So basically nothing new to report.

• 3 weeks later...

After our local evening paper got involved Red capitulated in record time and gave a refund of the test fee and also offered 3 free lessons. Another thread to be marked won by CAG. Thanks everyone for the help,support and advice.