style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an accident at the end of January.

After sending all my documents in as requested, the underwriters have voided my policy.

They say that I didn't tell them about 2 SP30 convictions.

My position is this:

I believe that I declared all accidents and convictions when applying originally online.

I never received any documents at all, which I only realised at the time of the accident. I always keep the insurance certificate in my car. It wasn't there. The attending police officer at the accident informed me who I was insured with, as no contact of any kind had been received from Hastings since buying the policy.

If I had received the documents I would have checked them, as I always do. I would have noticed the missing information and contacted Hastings.

Their underwriters are saying that because I didn't contact them about the missing documents they are concluding that I did receive them and they have voided the policy AND cancelled my policy on the car I've had to buy in the meantime.

They have informed me that there is a third party claim, and said I must complete and return a "Form of Consent and Indemnity" so that Hastings can deal with the third party claim on my behalf and then bill me for it.

Is this last part a joke?

I withdrew my original claim a few weeks ago, having had to contact them again after my initial request apparently was ignored.

Hastings Direct are the worst insurance company I have EVER dealt with. EVER. I have told all my contacts and business associates the same to save them form the miserable experience I have had since the accident.

Any advice on this would be great.

I'm hanging fire at the moment, but I'm thinking that I need some legal advice.

By the way, the person named by the third party (motability) as being involved in the accident is NOT the person that was driving the car. I don't know if this is relevant.

Not my area of expertise, however, if it was a motability car only two people can be insured to drive it. Both have to be named on the policy. If any one else was driving it then it would not be covered. Even if the person has insurance on their own car.

Hi Watchman2, Thanks for your post, I am sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. I did respond to your post on another thread on the 16th Feb this year. If you could get in contact with me directly it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jamie. [email protected] or 01424 738262