New plz can someone help me with Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please can someone give me some advice on Lowell, i have basically got some financial difficulties since splitting with my partner i work part time and have 2 young children, there is a few debts that im trying to deal with writing and offering what i can however there was a littlewoods account that i had years ago for a couple of hundred and i stupidly stopped paying it when i went on maternity pay i heard nothing for a while no payments have been made on this account for approx 4 years and the amount has gone to £670.58 llowels then started chasing me for this debt and i sent them a cca request about a month ago, i had a letter last week saying as it was so long ago that i took the account out they had no agreement and said they wouldnt contact me again about it...then 1 week later i get a letter saying they are now in reciept of the agreement they are not obliged to send a exact copy of your signed agreement we are required to send a reconstituted copy of the version i would have signed and now i have to pay it in full (even though last week i was told i wouldnt be botherd about it anymore i still have that letter as well) they have sent me a blank agreement with no signiture or personal details and some terms and conditions could be from whenever though.

Is this debt now enforcable? any idea of what i should write back or should i just offer 1 pound per month (as i dont have anything hardly spare as it is and have other debts to make payments to.)

thank you Jen

Hi MummyJen,

What Dadofholly said above was correct.

Get the account in dispute letter off to Lowell's and then ignore any threats that come through your door.

You may receive letters from either Red Debt Collection or Hampton's Legal - these two Companies are both Lowell's.

If anyone rings you, refuse to go through any security questions and tell them "in writing only" and hang up.

You may also receive a letter about a door step collector going to turn up - these people from time to time have been known to turn up, if anyone does, they are not bailiffs, have no legal powers, simply tell them to leave your property and slam the door in their face, if they refuse to leave, call the police (not 999 unless they are being abusive or threatening) who will remove them for you.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 2 weeks later...

i sent dispute letter over a week ago today got a letter of llowell saying

we regret to note that despite correspondence regarding your account we have not recieved payment or a valid reason for non - payment

failure to respond to this notice may result in further action being taken against you to recover money owed by you

Any ideas on what i should do? x

I would disagree with keep sending them letters.

You have made your position crystal clear in your letter of dispute, if they are so immature as to ignore what you have said, then they should learn to read and grasp what the content of the dispute letter means.

The only thing you need be doing each and every time this corrupt clown outfit contacts you, is to lodge formal complaints to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

These fools are way above their station, they have absolutely NO LEGAL authority over anyone, they are toothless.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!