Bogus Debt Management Companies - WARNING

42man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please do be aware of 2 websites that claim to offer 'debt advice' which are clearly bogus.

http://debtmanagements.org/

http://bbcdebts.com/

The company claim to be Barnham, Boardman & Collins who have an address

WOOD PLATT COTTAGE,

CHELFORD ROAD

KNUTSFORD

WA16 8TB

Which is a remote cottage on a farm. (just google the postcode)

The owner of the company is

Lakmal Ekanayke who's address is

Habitat B6 C'vdad De Dios

Tacna

Tacna

Peru

I have confirmation from the OFT that they do not have any licences and the ICO have confirmed that they are not registered as data controllers.

A man called 'Steven' works the 'live' chat function. I have already got into several online chats with him and he has given me 'advice' which I have recorded and forwarded on to Cheshire Trading Standards

• Confused 1

Well done 42man. Hope your effort pays off and these people are dealt with quickly.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I wonder whether the BBC (British Broadcasting Corp) lawyers would be interested in this. The company appears to have purposely used BBC as their name, as it has association with a British institution. This is backed up by pictures of the houses of parliament on their website.

The parliamentary authorities may also be interested. I don't think a company is allowed to feature the houses of parliament in any picture. I believe that there may be some law against the use of many aspects to do with parliament, if they are related to commercial activity.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hmm - for sale by auction, are they having debt problems?

Tell them to go here (BBC Debt help) lol

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I thought that you couldn't set up a company name close to a similar well known organistion, remember what McDonalds are like, and there was a lot of fuss over the use of the word Wimbledon one year, ended up being thrown out as it is a town.

I think somebody should alert the BBC on this one...

• 1 month later...