• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Problems with Pounds to Pocket-Address Not Valid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that stu007. I see Quick Quid is one of the names they use. The letter from Mackenzie Hall mentioned them, along with a threat to ring my son's employer. Empty threat as he is not working at the moment. Well that address for correspondence is incorrect because my letter was not delivered! So it would seem they are registered but no information on their letters which I will put on the thread tomorrow. Also no mention of the address at St John Street which is where mosts of the letters came from.

Have spoken to my son and he cannot remember what info he gave them, not much help, but I have his bank statements from January 12 and no direct debit payments on them for pounds to pocket or another of the names they use.

In addition to cerbusalert's post above.. we have another cagger who has been the subject of ID theft and his story is told below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?340704-QuickQuid-My-PayDay-Moan

As for the company threatening to telephone your Son's employer, Mini Credit have recently been censured by the OFT/FOS for this type of thread - it is not permitted.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?339673-MiniCredit-apologises....

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I think dead letter drop myself.

Wouldn't it be nice as part of the licence checking of PDL companies that their 'registered offices' are visited and verified, anyone not having an office with staff present could have their licences immediately revoked.

Again the one company one licence rather than group company licence allowing multiple trading names scene should be stopped.

Just read the Tony Hetherington article. Thanks for all the digging around. No wonder my letters were not delivered. I will definately be in touch with OFT and I will also contact Tony Hetherington. More info on this company the better. Still trying to sort out a scanner so I can post the letters I received on here but it sounds the same - not a valid address and no registration details.

Will also complain about the threat to ring employer. The best that can be said about the Pounds to Pocket loan is that it was fixed rate and so the amount due is not increasing. The thread about identity theft is interesting as from talking to my son he had dealings with a broker and decided he was not going ahead with any offers from them but we are now getting letters about loans that he says he did not have. But he seems unsure about just who he has dealt with as they have so many different names. We are dealing with them by asking them to supply full details so we can check

Hi brbm57

Some more info for you this is from the "Credit Services Association" Website on Casheuronet:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33996[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33995[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33994[/ATTACH]

None of these can be even remotely called a Default Notice - Nor can they be classed as correctly issued Arrears Notice.

The final letter the nice bright red one, is indicative of the Pink Pig letters once sent out by MBNA and are well in breach of OFT debt collection guidelines :)

None of their letters have a registered address, registration number, OFT credit licence number, unless they are hidden away somewhere ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No, no reg number or licence number anywhere. Back of letter is empty and I have only covered my sons name, address, account number, loan id and the barcode. Just his personal details. All of the company details are at the bottom of the letters. Thanks for all the information from everyone. The address registered for Quick Quid is the same as Pounds to Pocket and there is no-one there! It would seem that a company has registered to do business in this country giving a false address and breaching debt collection guidelines as well.

I have sent an e-mail to the This is Money website detailing what has happened as they seem to be looking into this and will send letters to OFT, Trading Standards and I should think Companies House. I think I maybe need to wait for my letter to be returned and see what reason Royal Mail give for not delivering it. From what I remember the last letter was returned as it was not Pounds to Pocket office but I did not keep it.

Hi brbm 57

Also just remember take a screenshot of their website especially the part with the Wrong Consumer Credit Licence Number I am sure OFT wont be impressed when you notifiy them of this error.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi

thanks cerberusalert just noticed that going through the thread again many thanks for pointing out.

The red letter is offering a discount of 25%, shows how they KNOW they are not entitled to the full amount.

Typical tosh about what they can and may/will do...

The OFT certainly need to have these documents in their possession.

Thanks for that irish_stan.

I do not know how they are allowed to trade. Someone should surely have checked them out before giving them a licence. I suppose they rely purely on the internet but they should not be putting false information on their letters. Had a fast response from Companies House, the company is not registered with them so they cannot do anything. I thought companies had to be but maybe it is different if they are based abroad? Waiting for the OFT and Trading Standards

Hi brbrm57,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience - our previous mailing address was St John Street. The correct mailing address for Pounds to Pocket is:

Pounds to Pocket

483 Green Lanes

London

N13 4BS

I want to be able to help you as much as I can through this post, but we need your account details in order to reclaim the loan and track down the check for you. This is sensitive information and should not be shared on a public forum.

If you can get in touch with our Resolution Team (I understand I can't give out email addresses or URLS on this site so please find it on our Contact Us page). I'll be sure to let know them of our interaction on CAG and make sure that your issue is escalated to management immediately.

Thanks!

Pounds to Pocket

Hi sillygirl1. Yes Royal Mail has still not been able to deliver my letter there. Presumably there is no-one to sign for it. Will let you all know how this progresses

I don't think it is acceptable for them not to have staff in the UK. Suggest that you check with the OFT.

What is the point of having a postal address in the UK, that does not accept mail.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread