Problems with Pounds to Pocket-Address Not Valid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that unclebulgaria67. Yes I agree. This whole matter has escalated to the point of the debt being sold on to a DCA because I was unable to get a payment to them by post. I am very upset about it all. I cannot think that regulations in this country are so lax as to allow this.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is acceptable for them not to have staff in the UK. Suggest that you check with the OFT.

What is the point of having a postal address in the UK, that does not accept mail.

I think that they are legally obliged to have an office that receives mail.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Companies must ''publish an address for the service of documents''.

and diplay such on business premises.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The response I have had from Pounds to Pocket is the Green Lanes and St Johns St sites are service providers and mail sent to them for Pounds to Pocket is supposed to be forwarded by them to a contact centre. But the letter I sent to St Johns St was reurned to me by Royal Mail as it was not Pounds to Pocket office so I can only assume there is nothing there to indicate that it is. I don't know.

I am waiting for a response from Royal Mail as to why the recorded delivery to Green Lanes was not delivered either.

Good news is that the debt has been recalled from Mackenzie Hall so we are not receiving threatening letters from them!

Edited by brbrm57
Mixed up addresses

• 6 months later...

I sent QQ a letter and Postal Order 3 weeks ago, and it was signed by somebody on 1st october.. QQ told me they dont have any offices in London, ( i sent mine to 483 green lanes ) only mailboxes. But omebody signed for my letter!!! And still my payment has not been credited to my account.

Sorry for the delay in replying. As far as I have been able to discover the Green Lanes office is only a mailbox. That is correct. Someone there is supposed to forward mail received to the company or keep it until collected, not sure which.

I can only assume they are allowed to operate in this way as these companies are still operating in this country. Seems a very haphazard way of going on, especially when people need to be in touch with them by letter so that there is a record of all contacts and to make payments.

Hope your payment has been credited to your account and things work out ok for you.

Use of ''mail box addresses is common among companies who's conduct and business ethics are not of the highest standard.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes. Had my eyes opened quite a bit since my son got himself into difficulties!

This forum has been a huge help. Being able to get help and advice made a big difference and helped keep my blood pressure down!!!

Yeah well its now been 27 days and still my Payment hasnt been credited to my account. QQ told me that cos i sent it to the wrong address, it can take a while to proccess but couldnt specify how long. :/

They told me aswell, theres no point to send Postal Payments by recorded post to their payment address in Sheffield, as it is a PO BOX and theres nobody there to sign for it. They also tried to tell me that about Green Lanes, London until i told them somebody signed for it haha. I simply asked them to contact someone to see if they can find out whats going on...their answer was we cannot do that because the address is a mailbox, correspondence only, and they are in the USA.

Ive since found standing order details which QQ reps were adamant they didnt accept SO, and wouldnt confirm the details but after making payments this way and asking if there was any credits to my account via Live Chat, my balance is reducing :)

• 10 months later...

I've stupidly had a loan from these parasites in the past thankfully I was able to pay it back only 2 months later so avoided paying most of their interest charges. I hate the way they exploit people who are desperate, and just hope the government do something about these companies

Marke32