bought car - engine caught alight 40mins after leaving dealership!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

he contacted the dealer who told him to arrange insurance to sort it out.

He had arranged drive away insurance for 2 hours but now he is lying and saying 1 hour, either way it was within the time zone.

On contacting him today, he is still saying to arrange it throught insurance which of course would be fraud

Spoke to car finance 24.7 who are saying to arrange insurance and then get a diagnostic test done.

I have told my son not to continue with the purchase which is under finance and to return the vehicle. 

Both dealer and car finance 24.7 do not want to sort and expects my son to arrange it through insurance which he has not got due to the fact that the engine had set alight and he did not have time to sortr this out. 

He literally left the dealer and drove home when this happened. 

What are his rights as boh car finance and dealer and telling him to commit fraud.  

• dx100uk changed the title to bought car - engine caught alight leaving dealership. I Had not done insurance.

He should not have been driving it without insurance anyway.

So. I can see either or both allowing this to goto court if they ignore you and you decide to go there.

Mlud regardless to the claim made under consumer rights and contracts acts, the claimant took and drove away our car without insurance.

This could be fun....

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry, confused about your post

Are you saying the engine management light came on? Was it yellow or red?

Did you have a valid insurance policy when you left the dealership?

If the engine management light was on, why did he drive home in the vehicle?

Sorry i think i read it wrong above.??

Insurance was in place when the incident happened??

Can you clarify please.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We can probably help you but you need to give this the details of what has happened in a more structured form – and more details rather than just a narrative.

What's the name of the dealer?
When did this happen?
How much was paid?
What is the car – make, model, year, mileage?
Where is the car now?
Is it driveable?
Why are you doing this for your son and why can't he come onto the forum and deal with it directly?

That lot to begin with.

Let me start from the beginning.  

My son purchased a  Volkswagen Golf 2012. 

This was financed through a recommended dealer that was Car Finance 247 site as you can only use dealers recommended by them. 

The finance was approved on Saturday and he was allowed to go and pick up the car late afternoon towards the evening.  he left to pick up the vehicle. The dealer said he arranged drive away insurance which he said was for 2 hours and later changed to an hour. 

My son drove the car home which took around 40 minutes, on pulling up at home, he noticed smoke coming from the grills.  On opening the bonnet, the engine was on fire. 

My husband and I luckily had a fire extinguisher and put the fire out but we had to call the fire brigade just in case.  They attended the scene and spoke to us for around 40 minutes. 

I told my son to call the dealer and ask for this to be returned.  The dealer started talking about my son needs to claim on his own insurance.  Well of course he had no chance to sort insurance as the car was on fire and and there was no time to sort. 

He then called Car Finance 247 who were apologetic and confirmed that this should not have happened and that they will ask the dealer to arrange collection of the car as my son explained he no longer wished to have the vehicle.  They told him that payment to the dealer was due to go out at 10am but they have stopped this.  They then said that he would be able to pick another vehicle and that the escalation team would call him. 

Yesterday the escalation team called and we were appalled at their response.  They have told my son to arrange insurance and get a diagnostic test done on the car.  My son has told them repeatedly that he no longer wants the car and it is obviously not fit for purpose.  They are refusing to listen . 

The car is sitting outside my house with both dealer and car finance237 refusing to have anything to do with it but they expect my son to go through insurance to sort this issue. 

What are his rights on this. ?

• Confused 1

Car Finance 247, Their reputation is horrendous

The car belongs to the Finance Company and their responsibility, not yours

You need to officially reject the vehicle under the Consumer Rights Act in writing to the dealership and Finance company but need to be quick.

Am sure the site team will have some templates for you to use

UK.TRUSTPILOT.COM

Do you agree with 247money's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 28 customers have already said.

Edited by whitelist

@Consumer mum

I'm sorry but first of all you made your original post in a solid block of text and that was edited and restructured by my site team colleague in order to make it readable – especially on small screens such as telephones.

Your subsequent post has been an even larger solid block of text but this time I'd be grateful if you could repost please using proper spacing.

Also I get the impression that you haven't actually addressed the questions in the way that I have presented them to you. I did ask you to avoid narrative and I'd be grateful if you could do that and simply post answers to the questions for starters.

Thank you

• dx100uk changed the title to bought car - engine caught alight 40mins after leaving dealership!!
  • 1 month later...

and?

dx

and they