Andy Long, car dealer in Blackburn, owes me £700 deposit for a car he never delivered

i see here I'm not the only one this crook has ripped off.

I shall be reading all the threads on this guy Andy Long, or as he told me Andrew Longsdale, who owes me £700 for a deposit on a car which he never provided.

how did you pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I also have a bone to pick with this crook

he owes me £700 for a deposit on a car that never arrived.

Andrew Longsdale was the name he went by with me.

I shall be going to the Small Claims Court soon, once I've researched a little more.

I paid by bank transfer.

I will  read the other ones on him.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is the a separate Mohammed Salim Patel facebook group?

If the account holder details doesn’t 100% match what you entered during transaction Please try to contact your bank asking for a help.

Try it again in your bank app except you don’t actually make the transfer in the end.

I came across this website by searching online for 07437921287 - the mobile number of the car dealer who ripped me off.

He told me his name was Andrew Longsdale, but I now know, thanks to this site's users, that this is one of many pseudonyms used by Andy Long, who works out of 118 Haslingden Old Road, Oswaldtwistle, BB5 3RG.

In my case,

I viewed a Volvo S40, on sale for £1895 on 28 August 2023.

I agreed to buy it and paid £695 deposit by bank transfer that day, with the rest to be paid on delivery on 30 August, by which time Andrew said he would have it MOTed, there was 12 months before the next.

The car never came.

I had to chase him for any news.

Eventually he told me via txt that it was still in the MOT centre and it would come the next day.

This never happened and Andrew did not contact me.

By the weekend I told him that I wanted my money back and he said he would pay it back straight away.

This also never happened.

He contacted me again (I should note, he never answers his phone to me, all contact was via txt) and told me his wife was going to do the repayment, and by the way, the car was now MOTed and still available.

I didn't take him up on the offer, and, according to the DVLA website, this is a lie, as the MOT due date hasn't changed since before I first viewed it.

Time passed and in December I sent a letter before claim to Andrew Longsdale at the above address.

Over a month later this letter was returned to me, with a sticker saying it had been refused.

The letter and envelope were returned, but the letter was not in the envelope, which had been sealed with Sellotape.

It was at this point that I started searching online for anything about the guy and found this website. 

I intend to pursue the matter via the small claims court, but I'd like to get his actual address to do this.

On another topic someone gives an address in Darwen, I will see if I can confirm this is still correct.

I also note that outing him on Facebook seems to bother him, I may do this also.