• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Big Motoring World Enfield/MoneyBarn - rip off.

I purchased a car.

Waited all day for it to be processed and then drove home with a service light indicator on.

I called them to be told they are not a garage and don't do services but I was informed all services were up to date.

On day ten another warning light appeared.

I called them again.

I went through my finance company as thought that was the right thing to do.

Took months to get a response.

I have had faults with the car.

Been out of pocket massively as finance only paid some, not covered by warranty etc etc.

Had an inspection carried out where they found lots of faults and agreed with all faults I reported but said developed after sale.

How can they determine that and how could I have predicted that would happen when called on day one and ten of having the car??

Really vexed off with everything and getting no where.

Suffer with mental health so finding the whole thing very distressing and hard.

Can someone please help.

Or just listen to me. 

who's this - the Wimbledon branch?

warranty means nothing and if you reported the defects within 30days you have a right to refuse the car and get a full refund.

the car is not yours, it belongs to the finance company.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, please give us dates, value of the car, and how is it you are out of pocket and by how much?

What finance company is involved?

Was the Enfield branch.

This has gone on for ages.

I was told could not refuse car.

I wish I did.

The cable broke and taken to garage

they said get it repaired and they would pay.

Only paid half and that was out of good will after I kept emailing them.

It was in garage for 3 months awaiting a part.

No courtesy car provided.

Had to pay for a hired car.

I have contacted ombudsman to be told not registered with them.

Trading standards to be told can't help contact citizen advise.

Each time is months waiting for replay and just drags on.

Finance company is moneybarn.

They are the ones that did the inspection.

The guy who came first of all refused to drive it as unsafe.

With the seatbelt warning light on.

But ok for me to drive my young family around in it.

It's a joke. 

The car has now been involved in a car accident and written off.

But I still owe finance.

Paying for a car I no longer have.

Back to hired cars as insurance paid to the finance company and didn't leave me anything to buy a new car with.

This has been a very stressful time.

Me and my partner were hurt.

And just all too much.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply and help.

Wish I found this site sooner.

I am in a Facebook group that I see so many have had issues with big motoring world.

Bad cars, poor service, no after sales support.

You just get to the point where you feel like giving up.

• dx100uk changed the title to Big Motoring World Enfield/MoneyBarn - rip off.

you should not be having to pay for the rest of the finance if the car was written off and paid directly to MB.

the HP agreement should have been cancelled.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In your original post you said that this had been going on for months.

We then asked you to give dates and other details

You then said it had been going on for ages and no other information at all

It will be helpful if you would address our questions properly please.

The value of the car given by the insurance company was a joke.

Had car less than a year and only offered me half what I paid.

I challenged it and it increased.

But still not enough to cover all of the finance settlement fee.  

I purchased in September and the following July 19th was when car was written off.

Sorry as now over a year ago when purchased and been chasing.

Dates are confusing but I have emails and can get them.

What information do you need? 

I'm very sorry but I still don't know the answers to the questions I put.

What date did you buy the vehicle?
How much did you pay?
What is the name of the finance company
by how much are you out of pocket?
Maybe you can also tell us about the vehicle – make, model, mileage.

I'm rather struggling to get information out of you.

I purchased on 28/08.

I did say the finance company is moneybarn.

Vauxhall cross land x. Don't know milage at time of accident but I can get. Was 57000 ISH when purchased. 

I paid £11,600 for car but with finance was about £21,000 repayment.

I still have £2200 left on finance to pay. After insurance paid and excess taken etc. 

I don't know how much out of pocket as not added it all up.

Scared to.

Paid for repairs on it, got half back and all the hired cars.

I don't know but have all the invoices. 

2018 car. 

• Thanks 1

So I understand that you bought a car from Big Motoring World. You bought it at the end of August of last year.

The car displayed a number of faults and you have had them repaired and you have had to pay for the repairs or at least some of the repairs.

You also paid for a warranty but the warranty apparently was not relevant to some of the faults. How much did you pay for the warranty? Who sold you the warranty?

Apparently some of the repairs were paid by somebody else as a gesture of goodwill. Who paid them?

You said the finance company carry out an inspection. Do you have a copy of this report?

You keep on referring to "they" and "them" but it really isn't clear who they or them are.
I understand the car has spent a considerable time off road – but you haven't told us how long.

I now understand that you have had an accident and the car is written off. The insurance company has made a payment to the finance company but there are still more outstanding.
How much was paid to the finance company? Do you think that the amount of money paid to the finance company represents the true value of the vehicle or you think it was worth more before it was written off?

Who is the insurer?

Please will you be careful about answering these questions.

You started off in your first post saying that you wanted someone to listen.

We are listening – but you need to listen as well and pay attention to our questions and answer them

Thank you for listening I'm trying. But I hate cars always have. So it's like a different language for me. 

Big motoring world sold me the warranty. I can't remember for how much. Will find out. 

Was off road for almost 3 months sitting in garage awaiting a part.

The warranty company were made aware before repairs were done. And agreed as the car could not be moved to leave there.

The garage told me that was a clutch cable that snapped and should not due that. But when the warranty called them they said due to wear and tear which they said it was not to me. So warranty then refused to pay. But in end paid half as good will.

Haven car insurance. No I don't feel the value given was right for the car. I have an ombudsman looking into this for me. And the lack of care shown to me and my partner following the crash. 

A car passed me, hit my wing mirror with his hand out of his window. Scared the life out of me. And under passed me as lights just turned green. Was both turning left. So I followed him. He sped off. I was driving normal. Then he slammed on breaks for no reason. I hit the back of him.

cause I hit him goes down as my fault. no support or courtesy car passed the standard week. We all got out of our cars to see damage. Once the other driver saw it he got back in his car and left. I was in shock and dazed so didn't get his number plate. No witnesses, or CCTV in area. Im saying innocent till proven guilty and not my fault as no one to appeal it. But they won't listen. He has made an offense by fleeing the scene but that does not matter apparently. 

I will find report and attach. 

reclaim the useless warranty from the dealership that will knock off the outstanding money owed to moneybarn.

you do realise it was NOT your responsibility to pay for the repair. it's moneybarns car not yours. other than carrying out day to day std car maintenance like checking fluids/tyres etc, you should not have to pay a penny to keep it on the road.

and they

32 minutes ago, Annoyedette said:

The garage told me that was a clutch cable that snapped and should not due that. But when the warranty called them they said due to wear and tear which they said it was not to me. So warranty then refused to pay. But in end paid half as good will.

in English please?

33 minutes ago, Annoyedette said:

Haven car insurance. No I don't feel the value given was right for the car. I have an ombudsman looking into this for me. And the lack of care shown to me and my partner following the crash. 

can we see what you sent to the FOS? was it? 

and they