UK Car Group/Billing Finance HP - New car with issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We purchase a car in April and its got issues,

we told them at MOT about the issues and they said its fixed. 

A month later the same issues popped up again,

the finance company are having to deal with it as garage is not,

they asked us for a report

we paid for this from a trusted vauxhall dealer as the car is vauxhall,

the repairs are over £1000 to do

we sent the report to the finance people today who are now saying that the garage will do them only if they fins the issues and if need be an independent inspection! 

I've lost 350 so far in inspection and travel costs with it, it can not be used due to one of the issues being a snapped suspension and blown turbo /DPF 

we have explained to the fiancé company that these issues were reported and claimed  to have been fixed by them.

We are allowing them to repair it but I know it will happen again and I'll be out of pocket again! 

Any assistance please 

Thanks 

name names please

and the retailer should be paying for the report you had done if they are repairing the car

of which they ONLY have one chance, then you can reject it under consumer laws

however , bear-in-mind it's NOT YOUR CAR it belong to the finance co. so keep on at them.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes please. As my site team colleague above has advised you – we'd all the names – the dealer and the finance company.

Also we need to know if this is a hire purchase loan or some other kind of loan.

Please can you is more detail about the car – make, model, age, mileage, price paid.
Tell us about the faults which occurred and remedial action which apparently been taken by the dealer which is presumably the people who sold it to you.
You have referred to an MOT. Can you tell us about that. Who issued the MOT and when did they issue the MOT

Lots more information please.
If we manage to help you – and we probably will – then you will probably get the inspection money back as well. Plus any other expenses which have been reasonably incurred as a result of this.

Come on – you've been here since 2010. We have helped you in lots of other ways – you know that we need information. We can't play guessing games

Sorry it was a rushed post, I know better. 

The fiance company is Billing finance, whom we used zuto Brooker to get,  the dealership is UK car group. Its a hire purchase loan. 

The car is an Vauxhall Cascada 13 plate with 40500 on clock price was 7000, 

We picked it up on April Easter Bank Holiday weekend, I checked for MOT and the dealer said would forward the digital one,

Tuesday came and no email, called and then said oh we forgot to sort ( had mot till August 2023), had to drive car back up to get MOT .

on way the clutch was slipping and that I was still waiting on the main key for car as got given spare key (the finance company ended up paying for the main key to be replaced £214) 

Got to MOT place mentioned clutch slipping and the electric handbrake was playing up, they said would look

20 mins later was told all ok and passed MOT no advisory. Me thinking work had been done. 

A few weeks later DPF light came on and it was burning fuel! But then it went off but continued to burn,

then we noticed it (my words to partner its vibrating on roads really don't feel right) he took it to work and said yeah it was definitely something, so we tried dealer but no response. 

Contacted billing finance who asked what the issues were so we told them but they asked why we never said sooner

we explained we had and was told at MOT all sorted, they asked if we could give a breakdown of issues, we did but they said would not pass MOT if had them, had to pay a Vauxhall dealer to do it

Issues are: 

DPF diagnostics say its the sensor 1 

Air-Con unit not working 

Suspension spring snapped on rear passenger 

Oil over filled potentially causing other issues 

Needs full service 

We had to pay 1£10 for this and as I had to be in work, it cost me £25 in taxi home and back,

it is eating fuel it has had £70 nearly every week in it, we have parked it up. 

We have informed billing and they responded saying they going to contact Brooker and get them to do their own inspection on car on our driveway, (it's very limited room on our driveway  I've explained this would not be possible)

If their inspection agrees with issues, their garage will fix issues,

my concern is this garage did the so called mot and service and fixed issues, and they would need to collect car as its a 40 min drive to their garage, they have said not possible we are responsible to get car to them only if their inspection says it needs the work. 

I'm confused as they asked us to get exact issues with car and send over which we paid for from a vauxhall dealer and now they want to pay someone to come my house to do it ! 🙃 

I think it would be a good idea to get an independent inspection. This may cost you money but you will recover it.

Maybe an AA or an RAC inspection will be sufficient.

I understand that it is driveable although difficulty.

I suggest that you put the inspection in hand. Write the dealer and to the finance company and tell them that you are putting an independent inspection in hand. That the fee will be £XXX and that as soon as the inspection confirms the faults, you will be issuing proceedings against the finance company as it is a hire purchase agreement and they are responsible.

Post the draft letter here. I think you may as well be abrupt and assertive.

Start arranging the inspection

Thank you, they say they want their garage to do the inspection they are classing that as their independent inspection,

is there a way I can demand aa or rac to do this? 

I Will do the letter tomorrow when I can jump on computer and not use phone keyboard.

Get your own independent inspection done as well.

It doesn't matter if they do one and in fact if there are discrepancies in the result, that will be interesting.

Organise your RAC inspection as quickly as possible – but having given notice to the finance company and to the dealer.

Make it clear to them that you don't consider that their own inspection is independent. You are commissioning your own inspection first and they can treat their one as corroboration if they want.

I'll jump.on to it this week, my partner has informed me that he did email them 2 week ago telling them we was getting an inspection done by vauxhall and would forward the report soon as received, they agreed to this

But we will do RAC to 

• Like 1

We informed them in morning yesterday about the report and this is their  response 

At MOT it was just mentioned to them and I was under impression sorted 

I'm under impression any issues within first 6 months was there at time of purchase car, I can not afford to lose more money. 

Please could you provide evidence that the concerns were raised to the supplying garage, and they had attempted repairs? The MOT completed at the time of inception lists no advisories or mention of the said concerns

In regard to the report obtained from Vauxhall it does not confirm liability for the issues being present or developing at or prior to finance inception. If the supplying garage were to dispute liability, we would be required to proceed with the independent inspection.

The option to repair is available to the supplying garage, and we can enquire if local repairs could be considered, but these cannot be enforced.  

• dx100uk changed the title to UK Car Group/Billing Finance HP - New car with issues

Draft letter

In regards to ref:

We purchased the car in April and on the day we picked up the car we was told the MOT was done and a full service, but with being Bank Holiday weekend, the paper work was not available but we would be forwarded the paper work. 

During the week, we got no paper work and contacted the dealer who explained that the garage who did the MOT and service had forgotten to do the MOT so we had to take it back up to the garage for this, My partner had to take time of work for this to be done,  While at the garage my partner mentioned that the Clutch and Handbrake was not working properly, and if they could look at this.  We got the MOT we no advisory and was under impression that they had sorted the Clutch and Handbrake.

We did not make first contact over these as we did not experience major issues till the date 20Th June when the Light DPF came on and the car started to go into Limp mode, We turned the car off and then back on and it started no issues but was then started to burn from the exhaust and the smell of burning was strong, it was then taken home and parked up.

The Air-Con had not been noticed till a week before as with the hot weather the roof was off so was not used, it was only when it was placed on we noticed it did not work.

In regards to the Handbrake, it was taking a few pull of the button (as electric) to click into place, and the auto stop is not working on the car. We informed you in the 20th June we was taking it to Vauxhall to get the inspection done to see what the faults are, this was carried out at a cost and now you would like to get the garage who should have done the repairs to look over this and they may dispute this and you pay for an independent inspection, if this needs doing then We will do RAC at a cost of £254 for the advanced inspection so the Diagnostic can be carried out with this as well.

Please be aware we can no longer take time of work to be taking the Car 1 hour to a garage and waiting around for work.

We also have a camping trip booked for 11th August and the Car is needed for this trip if we have to cancel we lose £198 if the cost of the holiday.

On 26/07/2023 at 10:20, stuggling said:

We informed them in morning yesterday about the report and this is their  response 

At MOT it was just mentioned to them and I was under impression sorted 

I'm under impression any issues within first 6 months was there at time of purchase car, I can not afford to lose more money. 

Please could you provide evidence that the concerns were raised to the supplying garage, and they had attempted repairs? The MOT completed at the time of inception lists no advisories or mention of the said concerns

In regard to the report obtained from Vauxhall it does not confirm liability for the issues being present or developing at or prior to finance inception. If the supplying garage were to dispute liability, we would be required to proceed with the independent inspection.

The option to repair is available to the supplying garage, and we can enquire if local repairs could be considered, but these cannot be enforced.  

Sorry but I'm not clear what this post is about. Is part of it a message from somebody to somebody?

I'm afraid it doesn't make sense until you identify which parts are your text and which parts are a message and who sent the message to whom.

How many miles have you done on the car since you bought it?

How far from you is the dealer which sold in the car?

Where is your closest independent MOT station – that you can trust for a good quality inspection?

Mileage we have put on is 2340 since purchase, the dealer is 1 hour from us.

We use our local protyre as it is round the corner from were we live and we have built a good relationship with the workers there. 

Clearly the MOT is becoming rather an issue.
I understand that the MOT was carried out by the very people who sold you the car – hardly a disinterested party.

I suggest that you get the car round to your local independent MOT station. Tell them that you want a really hard/stringent MOT done and also report generally on the condition of the car.

Once you get that – also if you can get the RAC inspection done – then I think we are ready to go

What was the date of the last MOT and what is the mileage you have done since then

They did mot in end on 14th April 2023, mileage then was 44299, it now has 46729 on now. 

Before that was mot on 5th July 2022 and had 43301 on clock with advisories for the tyres being near legal limit

We spoke to the garage to mot now and they said ok to.concerned that if it fails it can.not be used and would need to.be repaired before we could take or away, we don't have that kind of funds to do that 

When that case you need to get your independent inspection and get them also to comment on the roadworthiness of the vehicle and whether they believe that it will be in roadworthy in April when you got the new MOT.
In other words, the point is to show that the MOT was not valid.

I have to say that I think you've been led around by the nose and I think that you have allowed it to happen.

Get the independent inspection as quickly as possible

And I'm making the above comments bearing in mind particularly that you've been there since 2010.
You really should have reacted immediately this happened and come to us for advice. Instead you played out and played out then gradually sacrificed most of the advantages that you might have had.
Now we are going to do a rescue job

Okay, let us know the result.  Once you get the report, we will help you begin your claim.

Your chance of success are extremely high – better than 95%. I expect that once the finance company understand that you are now taking control, they will most likely put their hands up and you will be able to get your money back plus expenses

• 3 weeks later...

and to insure there are no other hidden issues....:pound:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah definitely, thing is its going to the garage that said repairs done at time of MOT, we have decided if don't fix them this time we will look refusing car and getting money back that we have paid already.

Well you think this would have been easy  my partner has asked them to contact Me to arrange to collect car to fix it, they call me and won't deal with me as I'm not named on account I accept that. 

Partner then sends an email over to sort as he works 6am till 6pm and is not off till next Friday to be able to call them to sort, they called and then hung up on him twice so he called on his break to be put on hold for 43 mins then they hung up again!!! 

I called today as they got email.of finance people to sort and again will.not speak to me. 

I just want car gone now I have no faith with them 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks