Putting owner/occupier on letters instead of the name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

With 1st Credit I personally would not use e-mail, but if you do print out every e-mail and keep a paper trail, all ways request confirmation of receipt of mail.

If any thing of major importance is agreed or disputed follow up with a copy of the text by recorded delivery

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brig ;)

Your welcome!! Please take great care in your dealings with this company!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

ALL I told them was me reference Number. and me Name..didnt add no phone number or address,,

Yes Brig I will be careful ..Have dealt with them before on another Credit debt ,,but gone quiet on that one..any probs with this one Im sure to ring ya bells for a HELP MEEEEE ;)

UPDATE

Had a letter from dwLegal yesterday quoting you that they sent a SD to OH on 13 august

and that we havent had it set aside,,

( OH Has nothing so if they want to make hime BR then bring it on .

.They will do him a massive favour) ..

they are giving him 2 wks to phone them,

,they said they are willing to knock 20% of the debt if he pays this much and that much

..Cant no way afford what they are asking.

.I did send dwLegal a email on 6th September telling them how it was and set up a SO to pay lowells £5 per month.

.They have obviously ignored the email

..just has lowells ignored letters when we offered them £5 a few years back

..I sent dw an email yesterday attaching the email of the 6th september I did quote that they have to except any offer from debitors.

.They will not communicate via email.

.its ok for OH to email then they will write.

.OH has told them he dont communicate by telephone ..;)

This is relevant and may be worth quoting. OFT's view on communicating with DCA's.

Browsing around the FOS website came across this document.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-debits-39.htm

The banking code identifies a lender’s duties, when dealing with customers in financial difficulties. The over-riding principle (set out in section 13.10 of the code) is that the lender will consider cases sympathetically and positively.

Where it appears that there is a problem (for instance, when payments are missed on a loan or credit card), the lender’s first step will be to contact the customer. Clearly, if customers know in advance that they are unlikely to be able to make a particular payment, it will help if they tell their lender. But some customers simply wait for their lender to notice missed payments – or perhaps hope that it will not do so.

The lender should always give the customer details of free and reputable advice agencies that could help. And if the customer decides to deal with the problem though an advice agency rather than direct with the lender, the lender should respect that decision and not press the customer direct. The lender should also accept that some customers prefer to communicate in writing rather than by telephone, or vice versa. Wherever possible, and provided that the customer stays in regular contact, the lender should use the customer’s preferred means of communication.

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lostatsea, they would have a hard job making me pregnant, had a vasectomy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mind you with a DCA they would say they were going to make me preggers heeeee

Don't worry Hippy they "might make you preggers "could" put a bun in your oven and "may" sent the midwife on a doorstep call.

Up to you. Though many DCA's will start harassing you and threatening you even more if you do tell them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Totally agree that fines/penalty's etc should be much larger, FOS charge £500 to investigate a complaint and can award compensation upto £100K I think. Most awards are for much less of course, so are about as painful as fining a footballer a weeks wages. Still if lots of people complain the cost will mount up, and will certainly cause the DCA'a inconvenience. No idea how much time it takes to put together the info for the FOS or a SAR request for example, but it has to be considerable.