NCO Europe KEEP calling!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Though come to think of it, Ebay does actually offer a credit account for your fees if you register a credit card for payment of those fees.

(Ebay will take your account fees (listing and Final Value Fees) on a monthly basis direct from your credit card.

Ebay's User Agreement also restricts membership to over 18s.

NCO are pursuing this alleged debt on behalf of Ebay, who have either not told NCO to desist or because NCO's left hand doesnt know what the right hand has been told, and will continue to pursue until they again are told not to by Ebay.

It is Ebay that you need to contact, as they are the data controller.

NCO will not take a blind bit of notice of any template letter from here that that you send, claiming they are merely doing their lawful job on behalf of a client.

I went through something similar last year with Paypoo.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though come to think of it, Ebay does actually offer a credit account for your fees if you register a credit card for payment of those fees.

(Ebay will take your account fees (listing and Final Value Fees) on a monthly basis direct from your credit card.

NCO are pursuing this alleged debt on behalf of Ebay, who have either not told NCO to desist or because NCO's left hand doesnt know what the right hand has been told, and will continue to pursue until they again are told not to by Ebay.

It is Ebay that you need to contact, as they are the data processor.

NCO will not take a blind bit of notice of any template letter from here that that you send, claiming they are merely doing their lawful job on behalf of a client.

jesus NCO are a bloody nightmare.:evil: right as earlier in my posts i paid paypal, emailed them every flipping dept i could find.:rolleyes: sent cheque 20th march gone through my account today (my current account) but takes another 5 days before it reaches my paypal account!!! :evil: told paypal to call off NCO!!! did they NO!!! three calls today!!! have already sent harrassment letter. im getting well angry with nco and bllody paypal!!! NCO can sod off wont receive a penny from me! see you in court :evil:

Kimmy01 did they speak to you that's the question? I would love them to speak to me so that I can put the phone down on them. I guy phoned up twice in 45 minutes and asked for Heartlands Hospital. My daughter answered the first time and I answered the next time and when he said is that "Heartlands Hospital", I replied are you Heartlands, he laughed and put the phone down. I've just come to the conclusion that they haven't got a brain cell between them at NCO.

As bed32 has said, citing Trading Standards as a kniggit in shining armour with regards to NCO's breaches of the OFT's guidelines is simply holding out false hope.

Been there, done that. Had to carry out an unrelenting campaign of my own against Paypal and NCO myself to finally get Paypal to see that there was no debt to be collected and to get NCO off my back.

Was very, very hard work, with automated phone calls coming two or three times every day.

Even two months after Paypal finally realised they had been paid, the phone calls from NCO, demanding payment, stated again and I had to make the problem public by telling the World about it on Ebay's Postage and Payment forum.

Tell you what though- Paypal's liason rep reacted very rapidly when she saw Paypal's "Safe and Secure way to send and recieve payments online" nonsense exposed for the nonsense it is.

That would be my advice for you- go on to Ebay's P&P forum and slag Paypal, NCO and Ebay off to the roof tops. You will get a more helpful response that wat than from Trading Standards.

It is Ebay that you need to contact, as they are the data processor.

They rang again, and I asked them EXACTLY what the debt is for - and they said paypal-related ebay charges - a chargeback from a buyer to an account with your telephone number attached to it.. but not my address. Wtf?!

I asked them 'can you please give me more details about who the person you are trying to find?' and they just said sorry we cant give you any more information as you are not the 'account holder'. Agh bastards. I'll sleep on it and if they call tomorrow again I'll request information in writing and see what they say.

Then I advise you to call Consumer Direct (the point of contact for Trading Standards) and request that they contact NCO Europe with a demand to cease and desist, and to conduct any business in writing.

Cease and desist letters just encourage NCO.

Trading Standards? Dont make me laugh.

thanks guys for comments. sod paypal dont even want it anymore all this grief for £20.00.

will go on ebay p and p! and totally rubbish them :D

hubby spoke to them said i was seriously ill in hospital :p:cool: but fell on deaf ears! :o

sod them take me to court. but hubby getting annoyed about it now.

good thing. this site has made me a tigerrrr! last year would have been quaking in my boots re debt collectors.

gonna email every dept i can find with paypal and tell them to call off bloody NCO! :p

Wait just a (*(*&%(* minute.

My advice to contact Consumer Direct was given in the light of the following FACTS.

(a) lai1 said that he/she did not want NCO finding out the address and therefore a letter was out of the question. A letter giving no address is useless as they will (rightly) ignore it.

(b) I have been party to MANY threads on this site where Consumer Direct/Trading Standards have direclty helped by writing to organisations and getting them to back the hell off. When TS write to Wescot, for instance, Wescot sit up and take bloody notice. I see no reason why NCO would be any different.

© I stand by my comments regarding PayPal and EBay. Neither offer credit. They charge their fees directly to the funds source for the account at the end of each month in which fees occur. The fees are paid in full at the end of each month. The fees could not be charged anything other than in arrears as they cannot be quantified in advance. This is not credit, and you do not sign a credit agreement regulated by The Act - therefore they do not provide credit.

Now - if anyone would like to publicly challenge my knowledge on these subjects then let's have a good old fashioned argument in another thread for the purpose. BUT let's not confuse the very people we're trying to help by having a row about what is the best advice to give them. It's downright unhelpful to ANYONE reading this thread who will no doubt now be thoroughly confused about what the best course of action IS.

Just tell NCO to take a very large FECK OFF pill

I think the OP is actually looking for constructive advice.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The calm approach is ALWAYS the way to go.

oh ive always been calm with PAYPAL AND NCO. it is rather annoying when its only £20 and its been paid NOW! omg another life :rolleyes:

i can never get through by phone so have to email paypal.

NCO shocking outfit. :evil:

thanks though noo. :)

Cheers for that, v handy and will be making use of it just to wind all the b&gg8r5 up

:D

Also , just noticed that they have added an online facility (free) to the 1571 answerphone service

It lists the number that called, date, time and duration and even gives you the option to save sound files of the messages to desktop

Particularly handy for me as I've had loads of messages left from one CCP that has completely failed to provide a copy of the executed agreement (not even an app form)

So as they in very hot water for attempting to chase this debt and I now have proof of each and every unlawful attempt that I can easily show to the court, I am rather chuffed with BT! (and trust me, I never thought I'd write those words)

Happy Easter Everybody!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I HOPE they GIVE ME A JOB..............

Hello, I want to know if you have any jobs on the go. I am arrogant, loud, ignorant, abusive and love putting the phone down on my customers. Additionally, I am able to harrass, send pointless letters and intimidate members of my clients family. I understand that your policy is to call people and not say who is speaking...and when asked, to put the phone down on them and abuse innocent people upto as late as 9pm even though children are in bed.

I feel that I am most suited to this position because, like your other staff, I am a complete waste of space, have very little communication skills or qualifications and am desperate to earn pathetic wages for long boring hours being bossed around by gormless team leaders.

I hope you will consider me for the position of "Mr Telephone Caller" at your Preston office in the UK. I love Preston, it is such a fabulous bustling city with lots of fast food joints and loose women. I will fit in perfectly there.

Lots of love

Your future employee and bestest friend in the wurld

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks