Help!! Car towed by VRP bailiffs for PCN fines owed by previous owner!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So what did the council say when they saw the docs they asked for? Did you speak to them in person? Did they say there was something wrong with them?

Its a disgrace that in Ealing council, they have this particulary foul practice of not ensuring that staff in the parking services, actually deal with members of the public, in person. I mean, are they allowed to do this, why the veil of secrecy? I know they would say its to improve efficiency in service (lol, yeah right) but actually there is a total lack of accountability & feel sorry for the so called customer agents they put on the frontline, because @ best they are poorly trained to deal with the law, so you end up feeling really frustrated that they can't provide clarity & you can't speak to a member of staff that can! As for documents, they havn't said anything wrong, they did try to pick @ keeper details being later than insurance & date of purchase,o.k was late in updating those details, but even so, they were updated before seizure of vehicle & a simple check would have showed I am new keeper. I would have thought receipt, insurance cert, logbook would be enough to prove ownership.

Its a disgrace that in Ealing council, they have this particulary foul practice of not ensuring that staff in the parking services, actually deal with members of the public, in person. I mean, are they allowed to do this, why the veil of secrecy? I know they would say its to improve efficiency in service (lol, yeah right) but actually there is a total lack of accountability & feel sorry for the so called customer agents they put on the frontline, because @ best they are poorly trained to deal with the law, so you end up feeling really frustrated that they can't provide clarity & you can't speak to a member of staff that can! As for documents, they havn't said anything wrong, they did try to pick @ keeper details being later than insurance & date of purchase,o.k was late in updating those details, but even so, they were updated before seizure of vehicle & a simple check would have showed I am new keeper. I would have thought receipt, insurance cert, logbook would be enough to prove ownership.

Actually they have probably twigged they have messed up, but rather than fess up, and return the car they would rather bully and bluster to avoid losing face, and the police sit back and let them appalling!!!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Please tell us you have recorded all the calls that clearly show the Council being in denial to any responsiblity ?

I still say you should contact your local Councillor and if needs be arrange to go and see hm/her TONIGHT, with all the documents that show you are not the person they have a liability order to collect upon and all the evidence to show the car is registered to you. Yes very good advice, I'll try the councillor 1st thing...what a way to spend the run up to christmas :( thanx for advice

Actually they have probably twigged they have messed up, but rather than fess up, and return the car they would rather bully and bluster to avoid losing face, and the police sit back and let them appalling!!!

Isn't it just? And we pay these people to treat the public like this...I think the next riot might be a motorist one @ this rate! Unfortunatley councils see us as easy targets for juicy revenue. Its nothing short of disgraceful.

Can you confirm which bailiff company this is as I have never heard of VRP Bailiffs before.

It is complaints like yours that make my blood boil!! For reasons that only the Ministry of Justice can explain, they have allowed the vehicle registration number to appear on the warrant and frankly, this is why I would always recommended that complaints be made to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).

If this was my car, I would be visiting the police station once more and INSISTING that they provide a crime reference on the basis that the car has been STOLEN. This is NOT a civil matter It is a CRIMINAL matter!!

If you were able to contact the previous owner, they could file an Out of Time Stat Dec in the morning and all enforcement would then CEASE.

Councillor Julian Bell

Julian_Bell.jpg Ward: Greenford Broadway

Party: Labour

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 07903 424 905

c/o Labour Group Members' Room, Ealing Town Hall, New Broadway, London, W5 2BY

Councillor Julian Bell is the Leader of Ealing Council phone him tonight now

Thanks again, I tried to contact him, but no reply as of yet.

Can you confirm which bailiff company this is as I have never heard of VRP Bailiffs before.

It is complaints like yours that make my blood boil!! For reasons that only the Ministry of Justice can explain, they have allowed the vehicle registration number to appear on the warrant and frankly, this is why I would always recommended that complaints be made to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).

If this was my car, I would be visiting the police station once more and INSISTING that they provide a crime reference on the basis that the car has been STOLEN. This is NOT a civil matter It is a CRIMINAL matter!!

If you were able to contact the previous owner, they could file an Out of Time Stat Dec in the morning and all enforcement would then CEASE.

I am trying to see if anyone knows of her whereabouts, but I think this could take time... I've heard that sometimes the bailiffs don't even conform to this. Is that true?

Totally agree.

When I first had a taxi runner they said the same, wrong! made them follow it up as theft and they did.every time.

Totally agree.

When I first had a taxi runner they said the same, wrong! made them follow it up as theft and they did.every time.

I havn't had any joy with the police, they don't want to know. Someone suggested I try threatening to complain to IPCC?

They have to with regards to the above, it is theft outright.

If someone went in a shop and downed a bottle they are there like a shot! Same thing, just need to persist, they know their rights, its just there are not enough of them to deal with trivial.

I had them go see someone from an address in Horley but said they asked them to pay and when they didny, they said case closed as not enough money!

I will know better next time, all the way...

Are you cab driver sunray???

Well here's my update. After much frantic running through hoops I still havn't achieved a thing! After faxing aLl pages (for like the 3rd time) I'Ve been told I won't get a decision until senior management of bailiffs, get back next wednesday. To tell you the truth I feel sick, dizzy from all the endless letter writing, faxing, photocopying, emailing, shouting on the phone & running to internet cafe to fax papers over. I have 3 young kids, havn't slept or eaten properly since all of this, have done no xmas shopping,,no time for that. I think these b******ds are breaking me & my sense of will!! The kids need the car, its xmas, we can't even make it down to Luton to see relatives. I'm actually considering paying to get my car back & then claiming against council and bailiffs. I'm very tired.

They have to with regards to the above, it is theft outright.

If someone went in a shop and downed a bottle they are there like a shot! Same thing, just need to persist, they know their rights, its just there are not enough of them to deal with trivial.

I had them go see someone from an address in Horley but said they asked them to pay and when they didny, they said case closed as not enough money!

I will know better next time, all the way...

Are you cab driver sunray???

Not a cab driver, but can usually be found taxi~ing my kids about lol! Police have not been helpful but I will try again with Ipcc threat

Email/Fax them and say that you are going to hire a car tomorrow and will bill them, failure to pay the bill will result in court action. See what they come back with.

Just one other point, had they listed the car before it was sold to you? If so, then the seller had no right to sell it and you have no case.

Edited by Conniff

Im pretty shocked that this is collect services, they are usually reasonable in getting things done right. It is theft, no doubt about it. It is not a civil matter at all and not down to the bailiff manager to get this back IT IS DOWN TO THE COUNCIL!!!

I know it is not going to help you right now, but keep every receipt with regards to this, make sure you note every thing down what you have done so far. Records of phone calls etc. You have a paper trail which is good. When you are ready you need to start writing complaints to; The police, bailiff company and most of all the council.

The council know they can make one phone call and have your car back with you in no time, however because of the holidays it will be doubtful you will get it back until Wednesday. If you can hire a car you should be able to claim the money back from the council it will be tough going but you have a good case if you have all the paper work in order.

Good Luck with this