NPC parking machine fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked at an NPC station car-park, but the machine was out of action. My coins wouldn't insert, and there was a flashing message on the machine's screen saying "Out of action". I didn't have my mobile with me, or any plastic so I couldn't pay over the phone, and there was no other machine in the car-park. I got a penalty on the car when I got back, and I wrote to NPC stating the circumstances and saying that I have no intention of paying their excess charge.

NPC have "rejected" my letter, saying the parking attendant would have checked the meter was working before issuing the notice, and there was no fault reported on the machine. It seems that either NPC are just sending a pro-forma response and haven't really run any checks, or they have made an error, or the machine had an intermittent fault that corrected itself. Knowing nothing about the technology don't know whether this is possible. Anyone with similar experiences, or a possible solution?

Anything called "Parking Contravention Charge" is not legally enforceable. If you don't want to pay it, you don't have to. There's nothing they can do. They will send you scary letters purporting to be from solicitors and debt collectors. They're just pieces of paper - ignore them, and they will give up.

speculative invoice

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It seems that either NPC are just sending a pro-forma response and haven't really run any checks

That'll be it. You've contacted them once, so you might as well write back and just tell them to cease any further contact or issue a court claim, otherwise you will be issuing a £100 claim against them for harassment.