style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to let people know I am safe indoors, was out at Tooting Broadway earlier with some friends and the message came through that the pub was closing earlier, jumped on the bus and headed home. Loads of young hanging about in the bottom of the town and round the two shopping centres in town.

Croydon nearby has been torched, as has a small shopping centre in nearby Colliers Wood.

Will report back if anything happens. I am not far from the local High Street so I might decamp and go round my dads, he is in the next street but far enough away from the smoke and flames.

Hope nobody else is going through this complete disorder and sheer vandalism.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all taking advantage of the situation having seen on the news the **** walking home with electricals stolen from Currys. If they can do it then so can we. No matter what anyone says, this has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone getting shot.

absolute carnage

try working in cctv

madness

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Heard the owners of that family firm from croydon whose business was on fire for hours it seemed, they were on point of tears on the radio. Owner said he saw youths in the building struggling to take furniture and as they were bulky items decided to torch the place instead. So so sad :(

Makes you wonder if london will be fit for the olympics next year or at least it will be hard to act the happy capital when only a year prior they are happy to torch at will. :(

Glad you're ok SG.

Some trouble in Birmingham earlier and many, many reports that it had reached the retail park near me - thankfully they were false, quite a large police presence there but nothing else.

I just cannot get my head around it.

these thugs will do anything for a new pair of trainers, their parents dont care, they have put their orders in for a new television or ipad or what ever they need to go to work and pay for stuff not steal it

Glad you're ok SG. Hope everyone keeps safe.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Statement from Blackberry:

“As in all markets around the world where BlackBerry is available, we cooperate with local telecommunications operators, law enforcement and regulatory officials. Similar to other technology providers in the UK we comply with The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and co-operate fully with the Home Office and UK police forces.”

Means nothing, of course.

Glad you're OK SG. Don't live or work in London but seems though that the trouble is spreading across the country. Hospital is on lockdown! trouble in town here!! Hope I can get home!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I knew the shop in Croydon well, its a wicked sham what these mindless morons have done. They do not seem to be able (or capable) of thinking of anything but their own gratification. Going to the GP this morning and will see what damage has been done in town. There were lots of rumors going around last night of what had been set on fire but didn't see any....

I think there might be a complete curfew imposed across the country over the weekend.

Glad you are ok SG x. I have to agree with previous posters, IMO this is the result of a generation growing up thinking the world owes them, they should have what they want when they want it, not have to earn or work for anything, and that there actions are not punished because to punish them would infrige their rights. **** are breeding left right and centre, not looking after their offspring and not teaching morals and right and wrong, and teachers police other people who should discipline if parents won't can't. This is the result of Political correctness gone mad (IMO). It's about time this government grew a backbone. I am so angry seeing all the devestation this morning, and all the scummy looters, some not much older than sperm cells. I am not affected but feel for all that are. Take care xxx

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

It's spread here to Liverpool (nothing new there I hear you say). I haven't had any trouble as it is in the south of the city (were the Toxteth riots happened).

Why the mindless violence? I don't know. If it was to do with the Government cuts, I could understand.

As for businesses being trashed and set on fire, I am positive they all have adequate insurance and will probably come off better for it.

The thing I think is most wrong is they have been going into shops while the owners and workers are still there. They are threatening them for

cash and goods. It was also on Sky News this morning that some went and forced entry into a ladies house while she was in bed. That may be a seperate

incident I suppose, but it is so so wrong.

Castrate them all!!!!!! Send in the army on a shoot to kill basis. After a couple get shot, the rest will get the message and soon bugger off home.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

What people forget about insurance is that although the insurance companies have the money, it's the rest of us who pay for it in increased premiums.

This has nothing to do with cuts IMO, although they could have an impact if we don't have the resources like police and army to deal with it. All this started because of a man being shot by police, but this is mindless violence and opportunism to get expensive goods. To hell with the consequences.

As for the parents - some of them were never disciplined themselves, so if they don't know how to behave what chance that their offspring and future generations will learn.

How long before someone is killed?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.