Moorcroft debt annoyance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off I like to apologise I'm writing this from my iPhone as my pc is not working.

I had 2 debts with these people one I managed to pay off as the door step agent started to harrass my dad as I wasn't home in time to pay him. Now I have another one which I know I owe, he came to my house and we agreed he would come every Saturday at 11 for £15pw I signed the agreement saying that then he went.

The following Saturday he never turned up phoned his office and left my number and they said they would pass on the message 3 weeks later still nothing so I left another message. Finally yesterday (Friday 15th) he came spoke to my dad to say he doesn't work my area oftern and can only come at 8am Saturday my dad said he should be in to which I was but in bed.

He posted a card to say I've been but no answer at 8PM AS WE AGREED which I never agreed. The point I'm making is I feel he's harrasing my dad who's 71 alto he is very active for his age who has nothing to do with it and now 3 weeks later he turns up for money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben.

sorry but why are you even entertaining him?

doorsteppers have NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER

they are NOT bailiffs

tell us the history ofthe debt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

knowing ruddy moorcrap

its prob statute barred and i bet the paid one was too

they found a cash cow so are hitting you with any old debt they can drum up

disgusting

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben.

Are you serious? Here is my advice; If he returns, take your iphone and shove it down his throat! Alternatively give the idiot 5 SECONDS to get of your property. If you don't they will view you from now on as a mug willing to pay anyone on demand.

thats for the reply guys, i take it you don't like these people lol. don't get me wrong i know how to deal with him but the problem im having is he's coming to my house pestering my dad when i'm not around which i don't agree with. if he turns up again what shall i say. he's also left his number to.

sorry for the dumb question but i never had this happen before, and the debt was originally with Lloyds

that advise has already been given

write/ phone /text and tell him his right to attend the property has been removed

if found again on the property the police will be called

tell us about the org debt please

dx

and they

I hate that rat faced little man from moorcroft. You might have a different rat faced little man, but there all the same. I have a video camera next to my front door, it

doesnt work but he doesnt know that. He quickly turns on his heels. I know you can write to stop them coming. Check out the letter templates on here. Please dont

think Im making light of your situation, believe me I know how embarrassing it is. Also dx you have to admit it is entaining when you get chance to embarrass them. :lol:

so either write to morecrap and arrange a payment by standing order, or contact lloyds and do the same, in any case stop paying the doorstepper and you stop him getting commision

Believe me I've tried. Morecrap will only take the pmt in full and lloyds want nothing more to do with the debt

Moorcroft do what you tell them, not the other way round.

YOU tell them what they are getting and how they are getting it, if they don't like it tough, they get nothing

The are just another bunch of parasites with no legal powers fleecing you with their delusions of grandeur

Print out this letter

Door step

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

Send one to the company and keep a copy by the door to show anyone who turns up!

Write to Moorcrap and tell them what you are prepared to pay and how but DO NOT PAY ANYTHING TILL YOU GET MORE INFO. Ask them for a complete breakdown of everything first and check this out - what you owe, any charges etc and challenge it. Tell them you are reporting them to Consumer Direct and do this! They are not allowed to harass you or your family and they know this

Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Are they collecting on behalf of Lloyds/TSB if so they are responsible for the actions of their agent so you need a letter of complaint? Quote this at them from OFT Guide lines

Creditor responsibility for third parties

1.9 If consumer credit licence holders choose to do business or continue to do business with third parties engaged in questionable fitness behaviour, then their own fitness will be called into question. Our aim is to ensure that creditors do not ignore the unfair practices of debt collectors, whether in-house or external, acting on their behalf. It is not for the OFT to specify in this guidance how choices about third party selection are made nor to advise on desired conduct between third parties. However, during any investigation in this respect, we would expect to see

that care had been taken in the selection process, complaints had been investigated and that firm action had been taken as appropriate. It would be unlikely that we would take action against a creditor who could demonstrate such action had been taken.

In fact have a look at the OFT Guidelines and how many of these are being broken

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

if mostly charges then pay them nothing

they will never go near court with it

thats why lloyds have sold it on

ignore

dx

and they

Sorry for late reply been really busy. He came again on a day and time we didn't agree and started harassing him again saying he can't do 11 on Saturday as he has other commitments even tho I signed something to say he'll be collecting my money then. He said he'll come tomorrow at 5:30pm according to my dad. Think I should tell him to sod off

yep

dx

and they

Do as the others have suggested. Tell him to go away in short jerky movements and that you no longer want him visiting the house again. If he does, you will call the policeas he is trespassing.

Send the letter, and do NOT entertaint his pondlife again

I'm not really entertaining him. I haven't seen or said a word to him in about 5 weeks. It's my dads house and he's telling him stuff about my debt which I'm not happy about to be honest. I'm just never there to put a stop to it. He left a number I called (witheld my number) but it's a dead line lol. Think he's digging his own grave

Well next time he calls and asks for you, all your dad has to say is " not in" and slam the door in his face.

If he doesn't leave and persists in knocking, ring the Police.

Then report him to Moorcrap for breaching the data protection act.

He knows your not going to be there when he calls, thats why he does it, to intimidate your dad, probably hoping he can get a few quid out of him as well.

Just get rid of him next time he comes and tell him not to bother coming back, there's nothing for you here.