MBNA Credit card debt/ charges reclaim

mikesmotor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

5 threads merged.

if its an active credit card then every month.

what is the status of the account.

inotice looking back at your many thread on MBNA and merging them here to one thread

that you were going the reclaim etc etc

did you do that?

whom and what are you paying now?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just received a letter from this Bryan Carter crowd regarding a desputed credit card debt from MBNA being handled by Fredrickson International. From research I have made it would seem that Bryan Carter is just anther section of Fredrickson International, does anybody else have information regarding that. In any case i was under the impression that a debt collection agency cannot act on behalf of a creditor with a notice of assignment (NoA) and also that the agency cannot pass on these matters to another party while the matter is in depute. I would be interested to know if anyone has experience of this.

Regards

Mike

Hi, Mike.

I've started a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi mikesmotor. Ive had the same garbage from Freds and then Carters. One very good idea is to send Carters a CCA Request - they do not like ANY form of resistance or to be made aware that a particular customer ( or "mug" - in DCA speak) may just know his/her legal rights.

They very often return the file back to the DCA with which the debt ( or Assignment of) lies.

Unfortunately this isnt the end of it. It just gets passed to the next DCA who starts the whole process (threats) again.

Be prepared to send lots of "in dispute" letters, all by recorded delivery of course.

oops sorry - hit the "post" button by mistake!

The reality is that it doesnt seem to matter what might be legal or not.

What really happens is that no matter how you stop a particular DCA or "solicitor" from taking an action, all they do is bundle it up and flog it on to the next bunch of creeps.

Damned annoying I know, but even if you have seen half a dozen of these leeches off, you have to keep on the ball because the next low-life might just go for the CCJ if they think they might just get away with it.

So to my mind ( and experience) you can challenge a DCA on all kinds of things ( NOA etc) and probably beat them - but all that will happen after all your hard work is they will sell it to another DCA and you will literally have to start all over again.

Just keep it simple. CCA Request then Account in Dispute letter.

Then do the same with the next one.

And the next.................

I've just sent a letter to Bryan Carter telling them that they need to speak to their so called clients Fredricson International. If that dosn't work I'll go down the CCA route. Incidently I've done a bit of further reaserch and it would seem strange to me that a firm of solicitors would (a) work on a Saturday (b) not include their phone number on their corresspondence and © have their offices on a warehouse trading estate next to the Brooklands race track. All very strange when you consider that Fredrickson International's postal address is the post office in Weybridge high street. I am very suspicious that Bryan Carter are a genuine firm of solicitors.

Mike

they don't need a notice of assignment if the account has been passed for collection,the most important thing to do is send a letter of dispute giving clear reasons' to fredrickson international recorded delivery and stating that you will defend any action that they pursue.my experience when faced with this the account is then handed back to the original creditor.

I've just sent a letter to Bryan Carter telling them that they need to speak to their so called clients Fredricson International. If that dosn't work It won't.... I'll go down the CCA route. As soon as possible, by rec. delivery. Incidently I've done a bit of further reaserch and it would seem strange to me that a firm of solicitors would (a) work on a Saturday (b) not include their phone number on their corresspondence and © have their offices on a warehouse trading estate next to the Brooklands race track. All very strange when you consider that Fredrickson International's postal address is the post office in Weybridge high street. I am very suspicious that Bryan Carter are a genuine firm of solicitors.

Mike

Bryan Carter are in the same building as Freds. and whatever you send through to them will end up with Freds. You may need to raise a formal complaint with BC if he/they play silly b*ggers with your CCA request. They are a tenacious bunch who seem to like threastening (and using) the court process to intimidate.... but not impossible to get rid of as long as you are pro-active.

Decided not to wait, sent CCA today.

Mike

Recorded Delivery right? If not you can guarantee they "never recieved" it. Give it the 12 days then send the "in dispute" letter and keep copies of your letters and print-off the signature from the Royal Mail site. There you have your evidence for failure to comply should one of these chancers attempt further steps in the future.

My file on a particular debt is now an inch thick because of Lowells, Freds and then Carters. Even after Lowells writing and stating their client does not hold an Agreement, they have, up to now, sent a further 5 letters demanding payment and threatening court action.

Needless to say, I have all letters for if they or anyone else attempts Court action somewhere down the line.

Havent bothered to tell them that its well Statute Barred by now - just me playing by the DCAs rules:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I've just received a letter from Fredricson International in reply to my CCA request. They've sent back my postal order saying that I must go direct to MBNA (their clients) with this matter. I'm not sure that this is correct buit I would be gratefull for any advice here.

Regards

Mike

Rubbish! The CCA request goes to the company chasing you - it is up to them respond to it and get the correct documentation and they know this! They keep doing this. Send them the Account in Dispute letter- amended- as they have indicated that they are not prepared to honour this request when it is clearly their responsibility to do this. And send copies with a complaint to OFT.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Should I not wait the 12+2 days before sending this letter? Incidentally they've (Fred. Int.) gone on to say they have plced my account on 28 day hold to allow me to go to MBNA then they will continue their collection activies.

Regards

Mike

Well - up to you - refer to the letter and just it make it very clear to them that you have made the request to them and it is their responsibility to refer this to their client

donate

It's just plain laziness if you want the CCA

send to MBNA and tell them that Freds wouldn't

process it.

The are no doubt claiming they are not the

creditor in this case, a situation that is soon

to be resolved.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Fredrickson of course this is a regular occurrence with

CCA requests sent to them, they are totally uncooperative,and claim that

they are not the creditor so they don't have to do anything it's largely

pointless to try and get any result from them.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

There are a few threads on here were Freds have done this - it is laziness on theiir part and should be reported to OFT as it actually constitutes harassment. I do not see why you should run around after credit agreements - if Freds/BC want to chase you they must provide the documents themselves!!

donate

Just got a letter back from Freds Int ref my CCA request. They've said that I need to contact MBNA 9the debt originators) with the CCA and they've sent me back the postal ordert that I had made out to them. They have also mentioned that they have put my "account"on hold for twenty eight days in order to give me time to contact MBNA. Anybody got any ideas where to go next.

Regards

Mike

Yes, go back to Freds to tell them it is their responsibility not yours to contact MBNA.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.