• Tweets

• i dont think the reason why the defendant lost the case means anything at all in that case. it was a classic judge lottery example.
    • Hello, I will try to outline everything clearly. I am a British citizen and I live in Luxembourg (I think this may be relevant for potential claims). I hired a car from Heathrow in March for a 3-day visit to family in the UK. I was "upgraded" to an EV (Polestar 2). I had a 250-mile journey to my family's address. Upon attempting to charge the vehicle, there was a red error message on the dashboard, saying "Charging error". I attempted to charge at roughly 10 different locations and got the same error message. Sometimes there was also an error message on the charging station screen. The Hertz 0800 assistance/breakdown number provided on the set of keys did not work with non-UK mobiles. I googled and found a bunch of other numbers, none of which were normal geographical ones, and none of which worked from my Luxembourg mobile. It was getting late and I was very short on charge. Also, there was no USB socket in the car, so my phone ran out of battery, so I was unable to look for further help online. It became clear that I would not reach my destination (rural Devon), so I had no choice but to find a roadside hotel in Exeter and then go to the nearest Hertz branch the following day on my remaining 10 miles of charge. Of course, as soon as the Hertz employee in Exeter plugged it into their own charger, the charging worked immediately. I have driven EVs before, I know how to charge them, and it definitely did not work at about 10 different chargers between London and Exeter. I took photos on each occasion. Luckily they had another vehicle available and transferred me onto it. It was an identical Polestar 2 to the original car. 2 minutes down the road, to test it, I went to a charger and it worked immediately. I also charged with zero issues at 2 other chargers before returning the vehicle. I think this shows that it was a charging fault with the first car and not my inability to do it properly. I wrote to Hertz, sending the hotel, dinner, breakfast and hotel parking receipt and asking for a refund of these expenses caused by the charging failure in the original car. They replied saying they "could not issue a refund" and they issued me with a voucher for 50 US dollars to use within the next year. Obviously I have no real proof that the charging didn't work. My guess is they will say that the photos don't prove that I was charging correctly, just that it shows an error message and a picture of a charger plugged into a car, without being able to see the detail. Could you advise whether I have a case to go further? I am not after a refund or compensation, I just want my £200 back that I had to spend on expenses. I think I have two possibilities (or maybe one - see below). It looks like the UK is still part of the European Consumer Centre scheme:  File a complaint with ECC Luxembourg | ECC-Net digital forms ECCWEBFORMS.EU   Would this be a good point to start from? Alternatively, the gov.uk money claims service. But the big caveat is you need a "postal address in the UK". In practice, do I have to have my primary residence in the UK, or can I use e.g. a family member's address, presumably just as an address for service, where they can forward me any relevant mail? Do they check that the claimant genuinely lives in the UK? "Postal address" is not the same as "Residence" - anyone can get a postal address in the UK without living there. But I don't want to cheat the system or have a claim denied because of it. TIA for any help!  
    • Sars request sent on 16th March and also sent a complaint separately to Studio. Have received no response. Both letters were received and signed for.  I was also told by the financial ombudsman that studio were investigating but I've also had no response to that either.  The only thing Studio have sent me is a default notice.  Any ideas of what I can do from here please 
    • Thanks Bank - I shall tweak my draft and repost. And here's today's ridiculous email from the P2G 'Claims Dept' Good Morning,  Thank you for you email. Unfortunately we would be unable to pay the amount advised in your previous email.  When you placed the order, you were asked for the value of your parcel, you stated that the value was £265.00. At this stage the booking advised that you were covered to £20.00 and to enhance this to £260.00 you could pay an extra £13.99 + VAT to fully cover your item for loss or damage during transit, you declined to fully cover your item.  Towards the end of your booking on the confirmation page, you were then offered to take cover again, to which you declined again.  Unfortunately, we would be unable to offer you an enhanced payment on this occasion.  If I can assist further, please do let me know.  Kindest Regards Claims Team and my response Good Afternoon  Do you not understand the court cases of PENCHEV v P2G (225MC852) and SMIRNOVS v P2G (27MC729)? In both cases it was held by the courts that there was no need for additional ‘cover’ or ‘protection’ (or whatever you wish to call it) on top of the standard delivery charge, and P2G were required to pay up in full for both cases, which by then also included court costs and interest. I shall be including copies of both those judgements in the bundle I submit to the court next Wednesday 1 May, unless you settle my claim (£274.10) in full before then. Tick tock…..    
    • IMG_2820-IMG_2820-merged.pdfmerged.pdf Case management was this morning. Here is the Sheriff’s order. Moved case forward to 24/05.   He said there was no signed agreement and after a bit of “erm, erm, yeah but, erm” when he asked them, he allowed time for sol to contact claimant.  what is the next step now? thank you UCM  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Police arrest customer to allow Buy As You View to seize goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would address your letter to CEO Graham Clarke.. (I think you will find he'll be expecting it!) ;)

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Hi. We are currently investigating this issue.

We have been in contact with the customer to take a statement. We have interviewed the member of staff involved.

We have also spoken to the police and are waiting for an official response.

As soon as we have completed the investigation, we will post a formal response.

regards

BAYV

I would like to remind Buy As You View that the CAG was promised a "formal response" upon completion of your investigation. Whether or not the OP (customer) is happy with the current situation does not alter this promise at this time. It is quite clear this investigation is now complete.

This complaint was brought to the CAG by an unhappy consumer, and the CAG brought it to the attention of Buy As You View. Without the intervention of the CAG nobody would have been any the wiser!

The time has come for Buy As You View to put their hands up, admit to their mistakes, and let the CAG see what systems have now been put into place to prevent a similar case happening again.

My patience was wearing thin on page 2 of this thread.... It is now time for some closure!

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

I would like to remind Buy As You View that the CAG was promised a "formal response" upon completion of your investigation. Whether or not the OP (customer) is happy with the current situation does not alter this promise at this time. It is quite clear this investigation is now complete.

This complaint was brought to the CAG by an unhappy consumer, and the CAG brought it to the attention of Buy As You View. Without the intervention of the CAG nobody would have been any the wiser!

The time has come for Buy As You View to put their hands up, admit to their mistakes, and let the CAG see what systems have now been put into place to prevent a similar case happening again.

My patience was wearing thin on page 2 of this thread.... It is now time for some closure!

Lefty

STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CAG has kept it's side of the bargain, BAYV. Now you must keep to yours.

Lefty

;)

has brighthouse managed to misplace the glue?

or have they finally managed to tear their finger out?

any update yet?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Today is the 2 month anniversary of this thread. I think you can be assured if this was sorted the OP or Lefty would've updated this thread. I do feel BAYV blaming 1 rep and expecting the customer to continue business as usual is a trifle naive. The whole point of a "rep" is that they "represent the company".

Maybe a lot is going unsaid as this may well escalate to a court claim by the OP for all the money they have paid in the past 3 years, although I cannot see how BAYV can defend their position... they should just put their hands up, say "we acted wrongly, here is your £3000 that you've paid so far, sorry!"

As for canceling your new order, I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise how to go about that.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

after reading this post and seeing the last one chris posted i realised we may not live far from each other as iam also from cleveland and my thread was kindly put on here by lefty awhile ago about my credit agreement my complaint started with my area manger in april this year and i've still come to no conclusion maybe they need a new area manger 2 to train there staff properly as he has an attiude about him and i now refuse to let him in my home i have told this to the customer care person i saw on the 17th but they still sent him to collect from my meter so i didnt answer the door

Guest Tooth Fairy Wishes

OMG I am so very sorry for what happened to you chrisyb1984!! It was bang out of order!!

Is there any further updates as to what's happening?

Have the IPCC got in contact with you? (Ive used them myself approx 2 years ago & they were brilliant with me)

Have you heard anything further from BAYV?

I know one thing for sure I will never buy from these people & that's on the strength of this thread alone!!! I also guess I am NOT the only person who thinks the same way!!

Well done Lefty on helping chrisyb1984 I would sure want you in my corner!!!

Good luck chrisyb1984

Fingers & Tootsies X

Hi,

In respect of the employee involved in the incident, the matter has now been dealt with appropriately.

We received your letter addressed to the CEO. We attempted to contact you by phone on the 18th August to discuss the incident with you and left a voicemail message.

As we did not receive a response, we wrote to you by recorded delivery on the 19th August.

As of 25th August,, we have not received a response and would appreciate if you could contact us as soon as you can.

Best regards

BAYV

Hi all

just looking for advice, ill tryin keep this short,

first of all ive been with buy as you view for around a year now, in feburay i got a new item from the, but was told the my payment would go back to 3 yeard and that meant i would pay no extra my payment would be the same,

i got a new table and chairs from them, great no hassle next time payment was due, i was told to pay £105 when my contract says £75 so i paid to get they guy out of my home, and then called to speak to a manager who never came, next payment date i refused them entry on the grounds that they had broken there agreement and again asked to speak to a manager,

then yesterday afternoon i had a nock at my door, it was the same bayv collectors this time with 3 police officiers,he showed me some paperwork with my girlfriends sig prooving that table was delivered to my address,i told him i want to see the contract he said ive come to remove your goods, i said you are not coming in, as i said that the police officer said " what you say" i repeated then he arrested me for "breach of the peace" on my own doorstep, handcuffed me and put me in the back of a police van and allowed the guy into my home to remove the goods,

then they tryed to get me to sign a consent form in handcuffs, wich i refused, the collecter left with my goods and then the poliuce de-arrested me and let me back in,

the bayv collecter left the consent form, but this one was not filled in all left blank,

since then ive been trying to speak to a duty inspecter to find out why the police acted in this way and why they let him enter my home without a court order,

ive also contacted bayv whol told me my area manager would contact me that same afternoon, i ve heard nothing,

i have never had a late or missed payment, and have been told they have to serve you with a default notice before they can take any sort of action.

what are my options here,

sorry for any mistakes thanks for reading and any adive left

What does 'appropriately' mean exactly?

I think it means this:-

....Also the rep is no longer working for them....

I'm sure chrisyb and Lefty will be in touch soon :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Wheres the statement from BAYV?????? I know I'm short sighted but I had my glasses on and still didn't see it. My wife wanted to purchase something from them looks like they have lost another customer without even speaking to them. Not even The Funding Corporation can do that.

Hi, i am a buy as you view agent. The only problem is, English law and Scottish law are totally different, and im presuming this is in England or Wales am i correct?

This is in England yes.

But still either it be England/wales or Scotland he should know the law and my guess is he KNOWS the law. This was simply a case of power and bullying which backfired badly, if this was someone else with out the knowledge or the help they would of got away with it.

Long live CAG

I have just sat and read all 9 pages of this and all I can say its .... DISGUSTED !

BAYV you should be ashamed of your actions surrounding this complaint, you are not above the law - as I am sure your soon to realise.

Keeping my eyes firmly peeled on this thread.

Best of luck to the OP and top respect to the site team - mostly Lefty.

With over 10,000 Views on this thread, I'm thinking a lot of revenue lost for BAYV. I wonder if chrisyb1984 is having connection troubles still. I'd love to see how the police resolved the complaint.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

With over 10,000 Views on this thread, I'm thinking a lot of revenue lost for BAYV. I wonder if chrisyb1984 is having connection troubles still. I'd love to see how the police resolved the complaint.

The dutti babylon will be trying to find a way out without coughing up compensation for the wrongful arrest and illegal assistance of a tortious act against the OP imho

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks