• Tweets

• I suggested consideration of bankruptcy some years ago. It was not well received.
    • That is a superb WS. However, I have a few tweaks to suggest. In (2) "indicating" not "indication". I think to be consistent with your numbering, in (6) the Beavis case should be EXHIBIT 2. Do you really need to include over 100 pages of Beavis?  I think that would be likely to annoy the judge.  Just try and find the bit where they decide it was not a penalty due to having an interest in limiting the time that vehicles can stay. I'll have a look myself for this bit later as it's highly likely to be in WSs from PPCs who think that that paragraph means all their charges are valid always on every occasion. After your current (7) add this.  It's always useful to refer to a judgment when making a legal point - 8.  In the case PCM vs Bull, Claim No. B4GF26K6, where the Defendant was issued parking tickets for parking on private roads with signage stating “No parking at any time”, District Judge Glen in his final statement mentioned that: “the notice was prohibitive and didn’t communicate any offer of parking and that landowners may have claim in trespass, but that was not under consideration”.   In (14) if my maths are right the CPR request should be "EXHIBIT 3".  it is missing from your list of exhibits. In (16) the two figures should be £100 and £170.  They are entitled to increase fro,m £60 to £100, they are not entitled to increase to £170.  To make it clear for the judge I would write - 16. The Claimant has artificially inflated their claim for a £100 invoice to £170. This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims. 17. The Claimant has also invented a second fictitious charge, for legal representative's costs, when they have no legal representative. You also need ot number your exhibits. The rest is excellent - well done.
    • Did you ever think of walking away? Become bankrupt and in 12 months it'll all be behind you. My feeling is that you may well get nothing from the sale of the property anyway. Going by the date this thread started it looks like eight years of arrears, lender's costs and receiver’s fees on top.
    • Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mackenzie hall advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice please.

Last year I defaulted on a quickquid loan and eventually it got passed over to mackenzie hall.

They set up a repayment plan of £60 per month. The debt is for £850. This is to be reviewed in two months time.

I have so far kept up wth this plan- itds been roughly 3 months now however now I am really struggling to repay this amount.

I am on maternity leave and once essential bills have been paid I don't have much left at the end of each week and I am basically living hand to mouth.

I emailed mackenzie hall asking if I could reduce the repayments to £20 per month then review it again after 3 months when I would be in a better position to repay more each month.

Here's the problem though- I told mackenzie hall in my email that I had been to see citizens advice worked out my I&E and this was the amount that we felt was a fair and realistic amount o offer as repayment- this I admit though was a lie as I had not been to citizens advice.

I felt that if I had told them that I had then it may improve my chances of them accepting the reduced repayment offer-I know stupid of me!!:doh:

Now mackenzie hall have emailed back and said they can only look at reducing my repayments once I get the CAB office to send in my I&E sheet which of course is not possible.

I reallly do not know what to do about this- I have already received one letter at home when I was late making one payment and one letter that was sent to my work place regarding this debt when they first got in touch.

I really do not want the other half to find out about this.

Any advice on what I can say in reply to Mackenzie Halls request for I&E from the CAB office would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I wouldn't worry about your little uintruth. Muck Hall wouldn't spot a small one anyway

If you were to send an I&E form from National Debtline, that would be enough

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I thought that they could not demand to see an I&E form, or rather they could demand to see it, but you are not legaly obligated to send one to them.

The only people that you are obligated to send one to are the courts.

I thought that you could say how much you can afford and they Mac Hall have to accept it, as the courts will not entertain them if they refuse to accept an offer.

I do stand to be corrected though.

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

I thought that they could not demand to see an I&E form, or rather they could demand to see it, but you are not legaly obligated to send one to them.

The only people that you are obligated to send one to are the courts.

I thought that you could say how much you can afford and they Mac Hall have to accept it, as the courts will not entertain them if they refuse to accept an offer.

I do stand to be corrected though.

You are quite correct in that they have no right to this info however (and this is the quandary) they are also under no obligation to offer a payment plan without one. At the end of the day (it's midnight :razz:) it's down to the OP whether they do or not

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just say what you can afford and start paying the reduced amount whilst they throw their toys out of the pram. Sending them an I&E they are not entitled to won't achieve anything. Just say you're on maternity leave so your income is significantly reduced and you have to reduce your payments accordingly. then chenge your standing order and ignore the letters and calls. x

they should not be sending or calling your place of work, but in the circumstances.......

its your money, you TELL them what they are going to get!

simples and no I&E either

they'll go nowhere near a court

they'ed be laughed out the door by the judge and prob get LESS than you are going to pay now anyhow from him!

dont feel threatened

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much for your replies everyone.

I will email them back and say that they are not entitled to copies of my I&E and that £20 is all they will be getting as that is all I can afford- then let them huff and puff about it.

Had they not sent a letter out to my work place then I may of sent it to them just to show willing but I am so angry:mad2: about the letter that they can go without the I&E form now.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thank you for the link though silver fox that has come in handy for my own personal use.

Thank you again

Or, what I did with mucky hall was say I have this much coming in, this much going out and this much left for you. Very basic but they agreed to my £5 a month on a £200+ debt. If they had complained, they would have got a pound instead!!!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Well I have just received this email from mac hall

Dear XXXX

All debt management companies should send your income and expenditure details to your creditors. I have never once came across one who has refused this information on the basis that they are not 'legally obliged' to send this information.

Unless we recieve this information, then obviously we cannot accept your reduced offer as it hasnt been justified.

You may well think your offer is fair and reasonable, which I would assume it would be, but again the paperwork has to be sent to back that up.

If CAB have indeed taken over your finances then they will write to us with the information, if not we will request this from them directly as a debt management company would not be able to offer their assistance to you without first knowing your full financial situation.

Regards

In my mail I didnt say that the CAB had taken over my finances just that I had been given some advice.

Not really sure how to reply to this- may just send them the I&E form from the link above

simplre

dear mucky hall

Can i make it perfectly clear - my financial circumstance are none of your business.

I do not have to justify anything to you.

You are a debt collection agency, you are not a judge [the only person that may demand such information]

neither do you in fact have any legal standing nor any legal powers.

you will get £1 PCM.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what was the orginal sum borrowed

dx

and they

Report them to Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards, that email is a load of old tosh... they are NOT automatically sent an I&E when you are in a debt management plan, especially if it is self administered.

Dear bill & ben.

For the avoidance of any doubt, on your part. I have NEVER stated NOR indicated in any way whatsoever that CAB have taken over anyone's finances, least of all mine.

I merely stated that I had used an I&E form that CAB use in order to come to the total figure I had offered you.

If you feel that my offer of £20 per month is not satisfactory then you will be well advised to confirm this in writing, whereby I will gladly make note of your letter and pass a copy of it, along with these emails to the OFT.

I will remind you that as you have no legal powers, you are unable to demand such private & personal information such as an Income & Expenditure form, as are you unable to refuse all reasonable offers of payment. I do not need your confirmation that my offer of payment is "reasonable", I do not need to have you justify anything.

I will also remind you that as this is not a 'priority' debt, you would be wise to accept my offer, failing that, I instruct you to seek immediate court action where a Judge, who will be able to view my I&E, and make an informed decision as to the amount you should receive, and that will more than likely be £1 a month looking at my current financial status.

I look forward to your prompt response and acceptance of my offer.

Regards

Or words to that effect, quite who these fools seriously believe they are is beyond me!

Yes I am aware that sending them an I&E form can help people in your situation, BUT, I wouldn't send them a used postage stamp, that email is puerile and very irritating.

Posts crossed! On a go slow tonight obviously!

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The original amount was for £800 back in September after months of already rolling it over.

I tried making repayment plans with quick quid but they wanted it repaid over three months which I couldnt afford so I gave up trying to come to an agreement and waited for it to be passed to a DCA.

The last email I received from QQ was in October and they said the outstanding balance was £1069.

After looking back through my emails to mac hall though I've noticed that they have never actually stated how much is due to them?

Thanks for the letter Bazooka Boo- I shall use that as my reply.

Only wish I had the nerve to send yours Dx :-)

Thanks everyone for your help, I shall keep you updated

Edited by clarealex
spelling

I can recall an instance where MackHall refused to deal with someone who had been to CAB. They gave no reasons but you can probably imagine it was on the basis the advised person would know too much about their rights. I would definately inform the authorities of MHall's behaviour in this matter, especially if they have not even stated the amount owing. That information, at the very least shouldhave been given at the very outset even if it is a figment of someone's imagination in Kilmarnock.

Latest email received from Mack Hall

Dear X

I have spoken to a manager with regards to your refusal to provide an income and expenditure, and have been advised that I am correct in saying no payment plan will be accepted unless it can be justified.

Regards

I'm just going to email back and say I have XX amount left each month after priority bills have been paid and that a standing order has been set up to repay £20 per month.

If that's not acceptable then they can take me to court as I can't be bothered to keep arguing the toss with them !

email back

TOUGH!

you're getting £1 PCM NOW

if you want anymore

TAKE ME TO COURT

COMMUNICATIONS NOW OVER

yours

THE MUG

and they

Ok- just emailed mack hall back.

Basically put what you have written Dx- thanks for that

Told them communications now over- the standing order has been set up so I'll now just sit tight and let them kick up as much fuss as they want ! :wink::-)

HooRaaaaa!!!:lock1::fencing::boxing:

God I love your style clarealex, if only others would take control on here like you have..

There is diddly squat Mucky pups can do! They will now have to go back to their "client?" and explain that they have been as much use as indicators on a submarine and as powerful as a blown lightbulb...

I would even go as far as ringing them tomorrow and asking them if they have received your email? "What do you think about that Muckhall? hey hey? Well what you gotta say about that eh? Oh I'm sorry I can't hear you, is that because you have been firmly put back in your tiny little box? I am the one who is in control, I am the one who asks the questions, not you!"

Pay them the SO £1 a month, there is ZERO they can do.

Hope you have a good weekend!!!:thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Its thanks to people like yourselves who take the time to advise and help people like me that I and many others have finally found

the courage to stand up to people like muck hall.:-)

It is absolutely ridiculous that any of us continue to put up with these absolutely Dickensian abhorrent underhand anu IMO unlawful tactics used by this corrupt & rotten to the core industry to bully, intimidate, threaten and manipulate normal law abiding members of the public.

The debt collection industry should ALWAYS be treated the same as 'cold callers' and beggars.

• 5 months later...