Lloyds TSB : Lloyds taking me to court?????????? *** Discontinued ***

foxyflugel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Just a quick update - particularly for those who are going through this also.

Shortly after LTSB ran out of time and the case was stayed, I received a letter offering a full and final settlement of around £650. I never replied and haven't heard anything since.

Thanks everyone for your help and support.

Foxy :-)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I spoke too soon Dotty :!:

I received a letter today (dated 23rd Sept) saying that I haven't replied to their offer of £625 blah blah blah from their letter dated 13th June - can I let them know within the next 14 days what I intend to do or call them to negotiate :madgrin:

Hmmmm

Foxy :wink:

The main question really Foxy is can you afford to pay them anything?

They previously threatened to have the stay lifted if a settlement wasn't reached, so at the moment you do not have a ccj registered but they MAY proceed as before, if it was me I think I would respond to their offer possibly saying that you haven't responded previously because you have been trying to raise some cash to pay them but you have only been able to raise xyz and see what comes back.

Offering you 50% indicates that their paperwork may have cracks in it, so try 25% (depending on the affordability for you) and see! Or a monthly amount if that's what suits you better.

Don't forget to head any response "without prejudice", Foxy, and that it must be stated to be in Full and Final settlement of the account (not to be confused with the credit marker, which will no doubt say "partial settlement") and that neither they, their agents or any other company will pursue you for the balance.

Elsa x

Hi Dotty :-)

Because afaik if it did still end up in court the offer could be used as acknowledgement of the debt. It's normal for these negotiations to be without prejudice or without prejudice save for costs. It's quite a complex subject though, more about it here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?294525-Privileged-Without-Prejudice-and-Without-Prejudice-Save-as-to-Cost-Documents-A-Brief-Guide-on-the-Subject

Elsa x

Looks like I spoke too soon Dotty :!:

I received a letter today (dated 23rd Sept) saying that I haven't replied to their offer of £625 blah blah blah from their letter dated 13th June - can I let them know within the next 14 days what I intend to do or call them to negotiate :madgrin:

Hmmmm

Good evening Foxy

Simply respond with a counter offer in full and final settlement without any admission of liability to the sum claimed by the claimant.

Kind regards

The Mould

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

I have today received a court order form - Lloyds have applied for the stay to be lifted and the case to be transferred to my local court. It says it has been granted under the courts case management powers under Civil procedures rules part 3.

On the application they have stated that 'the claimant believes they have a valid claim and the defendant has no reasonable grounds of successfully defending the claim".

They have enclosed an N149 for me to complete and send back to court.

Should I not have known before this was granted that they were planning on lifting the stay??

I have no money to pay them but felt I had a good case due to the default notice served and the difference in terms on the recon copy of my agreement and the one that copy of the original I was then sent.

Due to recent events I am struggling to function at the minute so can do with this like a hole in the head :-(

Any advice welcome.

THanks

Foxy :-)

Did you do as the Mould advised in post 212 ?

You need to complete the N149 and get that back on time. Is this a small claim track ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Citizen,

No, I didn't do as the mould suggested as I had no money to offer them in f & f setlement. I think it is the small claims as on the questionnaire it asks if I agree that the small claims is the correct route to go.

What do I put in the box about additional details - shall I mention again the invalid default notice - how shall I word it??

Thanks

Yes, I think you want this heard in the small claims as it limits any exposure to costs.

Usually Small claims is for claims under £5,000, simple matters that have no complicated legal arguments or at the Judges discretion.

If you need further assistance with completing the AQ, it might be a good idea to send andyorch a private message. Put a link to your thread and ask him to pop in and help you. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Foxy

Only justed picked up your PM

Ok without knowing the details of the claim you will have to edit to suit.

The AQ you have received can be completed by downloading Form N149 as a pdf and completing it in type, changing it around and only printing it when you're satisfied.

Here's what to say beginning first with the title and then on to Sections A, B etc in alphabetical order. You should also read the notes on page 4 and Form N512. Print this post off to help.

State:

The title

Your name

You're the Defendant

The name of the court

The claim number (found on the Claim Form you got)

The last date for filing (found on the paper AQ you were sent)

A

Tick 'Yes'

B

Tick 'No'

C

Tick 'Yes'

D

Answer 'One' (that'll be you)

E

Tick 'No' and ignore the remainder of section E

F

If you are going to be unable to attend a hearing at any time between say 1 October and 31 January, tick 'Yes' and identify those dates in the box adjacent to 'Yourself', otherwise tick 'No'

G

Say 'The Particulars of Claim provided by the Claimant are inadequate in order to fully appreciate the case I have to meet, in particular the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest. By a letter dated ( ) I asked the Claimant to provide proper particulars of the claim. A copy of the letter is attached. I have received no answer to my letter.

I propose the following directions:

1 Unless the Claimant shall have by (date) filed and served upon the Defendant fully particularised Particulars of Claim comprising but not limited to particulars of the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest, the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty without further order to apply to this court for judgment and for costs on the standard basis to be subject to detailed assessment proceedings if not agreed.

2 In the event of compliance with paragraph 1 of this order this case shall be allocated to the small claims track and there shall be a stay of proceedings until (date) to enable the parties to settle using the small claims mediation service'

H

Tick 'No'

I

Sign, date and fill in your address at which you want documents about the case to be delivered.

Then return it to the court and and a unsigned copy to the Claimants Sols.

Regards

Andy

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's a turn up for the books!!! Received a letter today from **** solicitors advising me that after a review of the case the claimant has made a commercial decision not to proceed with the matter, on the condition that both parties bare their own costs to date.

They have requested that I write to confirm that I am agreeable to it under the above conditions. On receipt of my written agreement they will file a Notice of Discontinuance at court.

Any catches or is it really as good as it looks???????

Many thanks

Foxy :!:

No catches Foxy but you cant claim wasted costs.

Well done.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi

Thread title changed as requested

Congratulations everyone

ims

Thanks Ims21

Excellent news, foxy. Do make sure you receive this in writing and please keep the discontinuance notice in a safe place.

BCOBS