Lloyds TSB : Lloyds taking me to court?????????? *** Discontinued ***

foxyflugel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2. I send the CPR 31.14 request immediately - can someone indicate where the additional info mentioned above needs to go please.

When a person in litigation mentions a document in a statement of case, defence or a witness statement etc they 'disclose it'

Any documents that have been disclosed can be relied upon in heir argument - but those not disclosed cannot be (except with permission)

Once a document has been disclosed you may request to inspect it or, as long as you are willing to pay reasonable copying charges, to be sent a copy of it.

**** have disclosed

• an agreement
  • statement(s)
  • Default Notice
  • a Formal Demand

As this claim was no doubt issued via the 'Bulk Centre' copies of these documents which would normally be attached were not, therefore you can request copies of them via a 'CPR31.14' request together with an agreed extension of time to submit your defence.

In the template there is a list, just add or remove items as necessary.

and lastly ........ relax ......... we've all been there and although it really isn't nice when it's happening to you, it's not worth getting stressed about - it's only money and there really are more important things in life .....

keep smiling :D

• Haha 1

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.........Thinking out loud here.... maybe this would be better as a para added to a request under CPR 18?.... as it's asking for further clarification of docs. already sent. :eyebrows:

:-)

and, any reply to an 18, must be made with a 'statement of truth' :-)

Taken from Carey.

part) by Mr Uff and Mrs Thompson then he is at a disadvantage should he wish to challenge whether he made a properly executed agreement at all. I do not agree. First,*this point only has real force if the Proof Purpose underlays s78 and I do not think that it does. Second, it assumes that there is no obligation on the debtor to make out at least some sort of positive case as to improper (or non-) execution of the original agreement. If he does and for example asserts positively that although he has been using a credit card agreement for years he never actually signed an agreement,*or one that complied with s61, the creditor may well have to try and find the original in order to deal with that allegation. (I deal further with the absence of such positive allegations in relation to s61 when I consider below the Applications.) But that tells one nothing about the scope of s78;

• Haha 1

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi again.

The court claim is dated 16/2/11.

I will reply to it tommorow online and state that I am to defend all of the claim.

I have prepared my SAR to go to DSAR unit and the CPR 31.14 to go to **** solicitors (from the letter posted above) and have also added as doc number 2 - Monthly statements.

I have managed to scan the agreement and attached it.

Many thanks

Foxy :-)

Agreement...pdf

• Haha 1

Too right, Dotty, or a Tardis :-D

Oh joy!!!!!

Not an APR in sight. ("Interest rate will be on your statement")

Wrong scale of charges

Erm...the address at the end...LLOYDS TSB (they didn't merge with TSB till 1995 FFS)

Even Justice Sir Hilary Bankfan-Debtorhater would struggle with this if they brought it to court. :lol:

Did they manage to get your name and address in 1989 right, Foxy?

Elsa x

HI everyone

SAR and CPR 31.14 posted recorded delivery today - check!!

I am now going to acknowledge the court papers and take long deep breaths - :madgrin:

Elsa - I still live on the same road - but at a different number since 2001 - so - no - they have my present number on the agreement not the one in 1989!!!

I left in 2002 - and they certainly had merged with TSB much earlier - it was in 1995!!

I just can't understand why they would take me to court if they haven't got my original agreement - or is this just me 'basic' thinking :???:

Will see what they come up with next and many thanks for all your help.

Foxy :wink:

Hi Foxy,

So that is a copy of your CCA from 1989?

How come they can quote a future date (section 5.4) of October 2010?

They must have had very good crystal balls!

Erm, dotty.. it is October 2008 ? Even so, if the card was taken out it in 1989 then those terms werent from inception.. proof that they were after 2006 is the charges @ £12.00 :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi everyone

Received a letter from them basically saying they've got my request and thanks for the 10 quid - will start to collect info straight away.

However, it does state:-

I am unable to provide a copy of the original loan application docs due to the amount of time that has elapsed since inception of the accounts. blah blah....

Whilst the bank is obliged to hold application docs for a reasonable period of time, I do not feel that it would be realistic for us to have retained these since your accounts were opened some 11-22 years ago.

Why could they not just put that in a covering letter with the SAR docs?? They also acknowledged the fact that they have to provide them within 40 days.

Foxy :wink:

IMHO, I would wait until at least the CPR request was answered and then you would be able to compare the docs and then any discrepancies between the docs could be be used to rip them apart with CPR 18.

Allow them to place their foot and pull the trigger before pointing and laughing ;)

Hi everyone

Received a letter from them basically saying ...

I am unable to provide a copy of the original loan application docs due to the amount of time that has elapsed since inception of the accounts. blah blah....

Ok, so foot has now been placed. :lol:

You could always reply stating that although the application form would have been good, you do recall signing the application form.

You should ask for a copy of the original executed agreement as, although you remember signing some sort of application form, you have no recollection whatsoever of signing an executed credit agreement......

only if that is true of course ......

I have an account with LTSB of a similar age and I certainly cannot recall having signed ANYTHING other than the original application form ...

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

I received a letter the other day from **** solicitors in response to my CPR14 request. It says that pursuant to the Practice Direction 18 4.1(1) advise me that they are unlikely to be able to comply with the timescale I have set for a response to my request.

They then go on to say that they have advised their client to provide the documentation which I have requested but it is likely to take up to 21 days for them to provide it.

Then they confirm that they will make a full and detailed response to my request for info either as soon as they are able to or at the very latest within 28 days of the date of the letter (dated 8th March).

Where does this leave me? As I understand it I only have 28 days to prepare my defence from when I acknowledged the service of the court summons (16th Feb). What do I do now?

Thanks in advance.

Foxy :-D

So, what do you do, well, the first thing, you seek an extension of time under CPR 15.5. As a party can agree to extend the deadline up to 56 days , yes 56 that’s 28 for the original time frames and a further 28 on top.

This is an extract of a post in my aplins thread, courtesy of PT2537 which may be of help to you, although I did not have to use it.

The full post can be read here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?287153-Aplins-claim-issued-urgent-help-needed-please&p=3231831&viewfull=1#post3231831

Thanks for your swift reply Dotty. I have read through your link - think I've got a mental block here :!:

Do I apply for a time extension to **** or the court? and is there a template for it? where can I find it? Many thanks

Don't worry Foxy, I have had a mental block for some time now! :-)

I think you have to ask SCM for the extension but copy the court so that they are aware, then you must get written confirmation of the agreed extension which you will need to advise the court of.

I don't know if there is a template but I am pretty sure there is a link somewhere on my thread, to PT's thread, giving an example of what to write.

I am about to go out so haven't got time to look now, but if you use the search option on my thread, you should be able to find it. I think PT's thread is the embarrassed defences one.

Apologies - gave wrong date - the form is dated 16/2/11 and I acknowledged it on 25/2/11 - so it's not as narrow a timescale as I thought - phew. Will look again on your link Dotty and send a letter to **** solicitors and copy the court in and ensure I get a written agreement that they will extend.

Many thanks.

Foxy

Thanks, once again, Dotty for coming to my rescue :-D

I have tweaked the letter slightly but am unsure of the date of the extension.

The court form says 16/2/11 and I acknowledged it on 25/2/11 - so what date should I request the extension to?

I send this **** solicitors and copy to the court as well?

Thank you for your letter dated 8th March 2011 the contents of which are duly noted.

As I am not in possession of all of the documents relevant to this claim and your letter advises this could take up to 28 days (from the date of your letter) to provide these, I would respectfully request that we agree an extension of time pursuant to CPR 15.5 until 4 pm on ????????? to file my defence.

If we cannot agree then I will have no option but to apply to the court for an order allowing me the additional time and wasted costs as a result. You will be aware that the Court is likely to grant me the extension as a refusal to do so would prejudice me unfairly as I am a litigant in person.

Please confirm this extension in writing.

Thanks