Mbna /experto credite

busyjerome
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

,MBNA usually muck up on Assignment dates..............FS

Send a SAR to MBNA to establish date of sale etc. Also, there may be clues in your credit file.

Did you ever receive a Default Notice from MBNA?

HL Legal send many letters out but actually do very little usually :wink:

M

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send a SAR to MBNA to establish date of sale etc. Also, there may be clues in your credit file.

Did you ever receive a Default Notice from MBNA?

HL Legal send many letters out but actually do very little usually :wink:

M

Hi MandM

Yes they sent a default letter dated the 7th of sept 09 and then i recieved the letter from experto on the 23third of sept 09. I have already sent MBNA an SAR request many moons ago and received nothing, i think maybe the advice of just letting them make the next move is probably the way to go, i was just a little worried about the letter they sent in reply and wanted a to get some facts straight. They have previously sent me letters giving me 50% of the debt (which i don't have)so i think they probably know they are on a sticky wicket, i think i will keep my fingers crossed and hope they sent letters instead of a court date

How many moons ago? If they haven't responded then it may be worth a chase. Keep the paper trail going at least. And follow up with a complaint to the ICO.

Your 'sale' date and DN date are similar to mine (and many others) where a DN was issued and the account was sold before the final due date on the DN, in some instances before the DN was even issued!! lol.

IF they take you to court then the SAR info may be vital should you need to formulate a defence if you can cast enough doubt on the validity of the DN.

M

Thats a good point i see what was meant now about the DN dates i will try another SAR cheers MM

Make sure your SAR asks for the Comms Log if you didn't before. That's where all the best bits are :wink:

M

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike

Can't see anything to do with HL being part of experto but i have just got another letter from HL today stating "Take notice : you should accept this letter as formal notification that unless payment in full of the amount outstanding is made within 7 days then legal action may be commenced" blah blah I have noticed also that at the bottom somebody has actually signed it HL Legal which i thought was a little strange, all the staff must be integrated into the company like the Borg. After them ignoring my letters i think it looks like they will be going down the Northampton bulk route, watch this space i guess, no answer from MBNA on the SAR yet

A LBA should give you no doubt of their intention, so may/could/possibly, means that this is yet another meaningless threat.

However, it seems that Varde are moving now as I have recently seen a thread where they have issued, so be prepared. Chase that SAR from MBNA, as M&M advised, could be vital information if you need to defend!

HL letters initialy come from experto, look at side of letter.

Ah yes, I got one today, there is a reference down the side of the letter with XPRTO UK in the reference.

Very clever

Caps

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291560-Urgent-help-needed.-MBNA-has-taken-the-case-to-County-Court&highlight=varde

Hi Firstship,

I found this recent thread and it is the first I have seen where Varde has issued proceedings, although there may be others that I just haven't found.

All the MBNA/Experto threads that I subscribe to, so far has just been where caggers receive lots of letters threatening action but none has been taken.

Perhaps they are testing the water with the OP of the link due to lack of communication on their part, whereas myself and others have responded and they see we are not such easy pickings.

Hi Mike

Can't see anything to do with HL being part of experto but i have just got another letter from HL today stating "Take notice : you should accept this letter as formal notification that unless payment in full of the amount outstanding is made within 7 days then legal action may be commenced" blah blah I have noticed also that at the bottom somebody has actually signed it HL Legal which i thought was a little strange, all the staff must be integrated into the company like the Borg. After them ignoring my letters i think it looks like they will be going down the Northampton bulk route, watch this space i guess, no answer from MBNA on the SAR yet

Seems for 75p Experto or anybody can download a debt letter from HL, so they are using templates from HL it would seem.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Yes, I noticed that too last night when I was researching them.

There is lots of activity on the forum today..... not been quite as active in a long while.

Caps

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

• 3 months later...

Hi

Just an update not much to report just got another few letters from HL 1st one (5th Feb stating they will send a doorstep recovery agent (not sure if its MI5, CIA,FBI or MFI ) but still waiting for them.

2nd letter states they have now been instructed to issue court proceedings in the county court (28th march) so it looks like they are following through ....watch this space !!!!!!!!!!!!

it looks like they are following through ....watch this space !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they tend to follow through when they are challenged, gets a bit smelly mind!:washing:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...