Getting a bit worried now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

A few months ago I visited this forum as I (well my wife did as she was driving the car) received a parking notice through the post. I took the advice of the forum and basically ignored the letters. Then I basically stuck my head in the ground!

It has now got to the stage that another company have got involved which are demanding £178.13, the company is Newlyn. To say I am worried not is an understatement as they are saying in their 2nd letter about going to County Court and (in bold) stating 'Considerable further cost to you'.

Are they allowed to do this?

The cheek of it is that they have spelt my name incorrectly in all correspondence that they have sent me!

Anyway, could someone please advise to what I should do now? oh, and your earliest reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob

So far as I am aware, ignoring all correspondence is the best option. I have so far successfully ignored 76 of these 'parking invoices' (for parking in my own parking space!) and not one has gone beyond threats.

Of course you could always be the exception, but if they did issue proceedings you can enter a defence, and not one of these companies has ever won a defended court claim.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hello,

A few months ago I visited this forum as I (well my wife did as she was driving the car) received a parking notice through the post. I took the advice of the forum and basically ignored the letters. Then I basically stuck my head in the ground!

It has now got to the stage that another company have got involved which are demanding £178.13, the company is Newlyn. To say I am worried not is an understatement as they are saying in their 2nd letter about going to County Court and (in bold) stating 'Considerable further cost to you'.

Are they allowed to do this?

The cheek of it is that they have spelt my name incorrectly in all correspondence that they have sent me!

Anyway, could someone please advise to what I should do now? oh, and your earliest reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi there.

Even though it is difficult,- try to relax and carry on ignoring them. As the other posters have noted the 'court threatogram stage' is just standard procedure in the chain of the mail [problem]. You will probably get a few more of these with 'final chance to pay letter' then the 'final,final chance....' You may even get a threatogram from thier 'solicitor' (person on the next desk!!). If your still unsure have a read around this forum-the many threads on here will reassure.

They will give up and then move on to the less educated who will pay thier [problem] invoices ;)

• Haha 1

Court is very very very unlikely to happen and when I have invited several PPC's pretending to be solicitors when they phone to proceed to this stage with all haste all they do is ignore my request

As with any [problem] Ignore is the best option and works well

Yes they are scary and this is how the [problem] works - you think you have an 'important legal document' because it it says it is but in reality it is exactly what it looks like - a piece of paper with some printing on it and the only value it has is as recycleable scrap

Don't worry - far more important things in life than attaching any sort of credibility to a band of leeches

urm...

why are newyns getting involved?

they are bailiffs.

are we SURE this IS a private parking ticket?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

urm...

why are newyns getting involved?

they are bailiffs.

are we SURE this IS a private parking ticket?

dx

:eek: Good point DX. I stand corrected but the local council would firstly send the NTO then if ignored court papers then the DCA/baliffs appear? If the DCA/baliffs are threatening court first up then surely this is a PPC?

Just to make sure though-what is the nature of the 'ticket' Shartack,- is the carpark run by Newlyns on behalf of the local council perhaps?...if so then please respond!

I'm guessing that our old friends Civil Enforcement Ltd are the PPC behind this, in which case they use Newlyn as the DCA 'heavies'

If so there is absolutely nothing to worry about from either of them.

They don't do court & can be safely ignored

So has the letter from them claimed they are operating as bailiffs that would be int

Bit like the philips [problem] too

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So has the letter from them claimed they are operating as bailiffs that would be int

Dx

Hopefully the OP will enlighten us, but I very much doubt Newlyn would do this, although the 'B' word is liberally used in their carefully worded threatograms. (I post from personal experience with both these co-conspirators, ie CEL & Newlyn)

Thanks for all the replies it has been very helpful.

WRT dx100uk and DDWales posts: The parking ticket was issued by CEL as my wife parked in a Co-Op car park for over the allotted time.

The layout of the letter from CEL is pretty much the same as the Newlyn version I received.

This warning letter is set out in the following way:

Total outstanding £178.13

DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

Then there is some client (CEL), incident date, location, PCN and VRM information.

Following this is a couple of paragraphs stating:

We are disappointed to note that upon checking our records you have failed to contact our office and arrange payment of the outstanding debt.

We need to receive payment of the debt at this time.

We would like to provide you with the opportunity to pay the debt prior to proceedings being issued at the County Court. Failure to clear the amount in full may result in the debt being taken to court at considerable further cost to you.

To avoid this distressing course of action contact 01604 633001 IMMEDIATELY.

Then there is some information in red detailed opening times.

Is this pretty much what you would normally expect from this [problem]?

Regards

Rob

def a [problem] then

completely ignore

dx

and they

Just as I thought, the good old double-act of CEL & Newlyn.

Shartack, your experience mirrors that of my own from over 2 yrs ago with this pair of toerags before they eventually gave up on me.

The good news is their empty threats & intimidatory tactics are exactly that, nothing more, calculated to frighten you into coughing-up. Please stay strong, ignore everything & don't fall for it. Nothing is going to happen believe me & the countless others who have succesfully ignored them & similar [problem] artists. Trust our advice.

Be prepared to receive several more letters with ever increasing levels of threats & amounts approaching £300 before they finally give up on you too.

Post back on your thread anytime if you feel the need for further reassurance.

Dx

I saw the Phillips [problem] recently also on the DCA forum. It seems that they were dishing out lots of nonsense in one big mail shot!!:rolleyes: A few Caggers reported them to the OFT and TS if i remember rightly :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh god, sorry to bother you guys again but I have now received a notice of Court action from Newlyn's. If I do not pay £178 in the next seven days it looks like they are taking me to court. What shall I do? Any advise would be gratefully received.

With regards to previous posts I was prepared to see the charges increase but not have a notice of court action. Would this ruin my credit rating?

Should I pay?

Thanks in advance of you advice.

Rob

A notice of court action! OMG. That is so (laughing to himself) scary!

It is a typical action of these crooks. It is one soley designed to prey on the weak or ill informed. They have no case. they know they have no case. They will not take you to court. I intend to win the lottery tonight. Yes, I have every intention of winning and I intend to buy a nice house and I intend to treat myself to a Ferrari. Won't happen though!

Bottom line is simple. PPC's are used to recover losses from private land owners - in this case Co-op. They have suffered no loss at all, so they cannot 'recover' anything and won't take you to court.

By the way. This advise costs £100. If you don't pay me I intend to sue you for my loss. See what I mean! (It is free by the way just like the co-op car park).

Oh god, sorry to bother you guys again but I have now received a notice of Court action from Newlyn's.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the actual court papers as they wont arrive any time soon.

If I do not pay £178 in the next seven days it looks like they are taking me to court.

People on this forum have begged them to take them to court without result, what makes you think you are different?

What shall I do? Any advise would be gratefully received.

Do what every sensible person does and carry on ignoring them.

With regards to previous posts I was prepared to see the charges increase but not have a notice of court action.

Not a Notice of Court Action, wow how scary, but in the real world laughable, it is part of the [problem] and you are falling for it.

Would this ruin my credit rating?

No

Should I pay?

No

Thanks in advance of you advice.

Rob

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

regards

I take it that you think I'm a bit of a woos :rolleyes: for worrying. lol.

Thanks for the support and information, it's still not going to stop me worrying but it gives me hope and I am NOT going to pay the thieving gits!

For you information I have just re-read the letter and it states:

...now we have not alternative but to pass the file back to our client, who will then proceed with ant necessary action...

Client is CEL but I thought that Newlyn was a bailiff company and they sorted out the 'collections'?????

no newlyns are a dca and a bailiff

as explained before.

they are under their dca hat in this instance and should not be insinuating that they have any bailiff powers in relation to this [problem] invoice

ignore!!!!!!!

dx

and they

Oh god, sorry to bother you guys again but I have now received a notice of Court action from newlynlink3.gif's. If I do not pay £178 in the next seven days it looks like they are taking me to court.

That is exactly what the bit of paper you have is designed to make you think. Cause panic and run for the chequebook and send then an unjustifiable amount of money for nothing.

The chances of you going to court are about even with spending your 2011 holiday at a new centreparks establishment on the planet Mars :p

Like many others on this forum I have also received all of these threats and phonecalls and inspite of requesting they take the matter to court with all speed they still refuse to do so

I and probably everyone else here can remember receiving our first Parking Charge Notice from a PPC and spending some time worrying but like you some careful research meant that I have never paid any of them so much as a penny and never will unless the law changes to ligitimise [causing problems]

Carry on ignoring them and do not contact them as they will eventually go away and try and bother someone else. Hopefully they in turn will do some research and will not pay them either.

..now we have not alternative but to pass the file back to our client, who will then proceed with ant necessary action...

Client is CEL but I thought that newlyn was a bailiff company and they sorted out the 'collections'?????

Newlyn are just a debt collection company. 'Files' always get binned or passed back to the client. These clowns seem to be a little too honest and have just admitted they can't do anything.